Author Topic: Niggles  (Read 159516 times)

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
Niggles
« on: October 23, 2010, 04:07:00 pm »
Somwhere to post about all the things that do your head in. From spouses to adverts. lets face it theres shed loads. It's meant to be humourous with no upset intended (unless stated) :D

It's an air freshener.

I'll start with the advert on telly, y'know the one with the air freshener shaped like a rock? Makes me laugh. I mean I defy anyone of you to remember the last time you went round to your mates house and made a bee-line for the pile of rocks they had displayed on the sideboard. "oh yeah, this ones from blackpool, that ones from bognor regis blah blah......." not a chance!  Its hardly a nice looking rock either. No! I'm afraid it resembles exactly what it is, a plastic rock that doubles as an air freshener, pointless. What will be next? You can bet your life that someone has bought one then trotted off to the local beach to get more rocks to go with it. Sad very Sad  ;D
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
Re: Niggles
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 04:19:36 pm »
Shortened text

This is when your mates or kids send you text with initials instead of words, I hate it, spending at least 5mins totaly bewildered trying to desipher what they mean?

Ones like:
TTFN = Ta Ta For Now
TY     = Thank You
LOL   = Laugh Out Loud.
Well I've come up with a couple of my own
IDUY = I Don't Understand You ?
FOTP = F**k Off Text Properly!!

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 05:19:39 pm »
Women in shops must be a contender (especially ones standing in front of me in the queue  :twoface: ). They will stand waiting for 5 mins, yet never have their money ready to pay when its their turn to be served and have to hunt through numerous bags and pockets to find their purse.  >>>

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 05:54:56 pm »
mobile phones, they drive me up the wall  :rage:

trying to text on one :rage: :rage:

DFS sofa adverts, telling you you have to have a new sofa for xmas! why?  :rage:

supermarket (and similar) car parks where the spaces are too small and careless t**^ers bang their doors into my carefully polished cars  :rage: (which is why I usually park at the edges of carparks usually at the end of a row  ;D )

Dog mess on the Little Orme paths  :rage:, even though there are signs warning of £1000 fines, why are they not enforced? would be a good source of revenue D)

Speed camera vans  :rage: :rage: they catch the wrong drivers (and no I have'nt been caught yet! ;D )

anything else that would annoy Victor Meldrew would probably annoy me too L0L
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 05:57:01 pm by Merddin Emrys »
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2010, 06:25:35 pm »
What I call Man-fInding

This is a term I use for the times when the man in your life says things like " where's my socks"  now, you know there in his drawer as you put them there earlier, but men just seem to open the bedroom door look at the sock drawer and if they're not hanging out in full view, they will assume they're not there! so up you go, OPEN the drawer and "voila" there's the socks. Blokes would have a problem finding the sponge in the washing up bowl. It must be a bloke thing as my sons are exactly the same.

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2010, 07:30:30 pm »
Ah but blokes can work the remote control!!

Offline Quiggs

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2010, 09:58:56 pm »
Music on T.V. programmes drowning out the dialogue, if I wished to listen to music I wouldn't be watching T.V.   :rage:  :rage:
Dictum Meum Pactum

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2010, 12:12:44 am »
Shortened text

This is when your mates or kids send you text with initials instead of words, I hate it, spending at least 5mins totaly bewildered trying to desipher what they mean?

Ones like:
TTFN = Ta Ta For Now
TY     = Thank You
LOL   = Laugh Out Loud.
Well I've come up with a couple of my own
IDUY = I Don't Understand You ?
FOTP = F**k Off Text Properly!!

LOL IM WIV U ON THAT 1 M8

Seriously though, I reckon mobile phones and texting will bring the downfall of civilisation ... the messages are so impersonal and open to misunderstanding.
Addiction to Facebook and other sites is also a bloody annoying and dangerous thing.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Trojan

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2010, 06:06:42 am »
Women in shops must be a contender (especially ones standing in front of me in the queue  :twoface: ). They will stand waiting for 5 mins, yet never have their money ready to pay when its their turn to be served and have to hunt through numerous bags and pockets to find their purse.  >>>

Then they start to write a cheque....... >:(

Offline Trojan

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2010, 06:09:07 am »
What I call Man-fInding

This is a term I use for the times when the man in your life says things like " where's my socks"  now, you know there in his drawer as you put them there earlier, but men just seem to open the bedroom door look at the sock drawer and if they're not hanging out in full view, they will assume they're not there! so up you go, OPEN the drawer and "voila" there's the socks. Blokes would have a problem finding the sponge in the washing up bowl. It must be a bloke thing as my sons are exactly the same.

Where's my New York tee-shirt?  L0L

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2010, 08:56:03 am »
DFS   CFS   Etc etc-- How many times a day do YOU change your sofa ????
Also that ad. for a sizzling pub-----Agggh
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2010, 08:58:04 am »
Addiction to Facebook and other sites is also a bloody annoying and dangerous thing

Er...Fester;  you do appreciate the irony in that, I trust?

$lol$ $lol$ $lol$
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2010, 02:34:12 pm »

Where's my New York tee-shirt?  L0L

Is it you checkin up on me on Oscars?  I'm going to frame it  ;D
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 02:36:12 pm by Pendragon »

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2010, 07:55:22 pm »
Addiction to Facebook and other sites is also a bloody annoying and dangerous thing

Er...Fester;  you do appreciate the irony in that, I trust?

$lol$ $lol$ $lol$

Does he mean me? ........ I think he does !   :o :o
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2010, 11:52:55 pm »
Don't tell me !!!

Memo: Must send text to hubby, let him know what i'm WATCHING on tv if he's working and I'm not! Just in case he comes home half way through "apprentice" which I HAVEN'T seen and he HAS this week and tell me "Yep, it's that lad there who gets then chop init " then grins at me.

He better hope he's wrong!!!!!!!!!