Author Topic: Freemasonry in Llandudno  (Read 36882 times)

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
Re: Freemasonry in Llandudno
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2011, 06:07:06 pm »
The PGL is subject to the requirements of the Data Protection Act and therefore cannot publish names of all individuals.

Yorkie, the Data Protection Act is 13 years old and the video I watched this morning on the Rebecca web site clearly stated that not one freemason in South Wales objected to their directory being placed in libraries and to also provide a directory to any journalist who requested one.

FYI, it was their PGL Secretary who made that statement.

Therefore, it seems whether or not to be more open and transparent must be down to individual PGL's.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2011, 06:10:42 pm »
Within Llandudno there are also lots of folk who have been initiated into Freemasonry but for one reason or another have given it up.  Often these are the ones who sometimes choose to be critical of Freemasonry and Freemasons. :twoface:
I've certainly never been a member, nor ever would be. I lost interest in secret societies at about the age of 13.  :laugh:

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2011, 06:46:56 pm »
The PGL is subject to the requirements of the Data Protection Act and therefore cannot publish names of all individuals.

Yorkie, the Data Protection Act is 13 years old and the video I watched this morning on the Rebecca web site clearly stated that not one freemason in South Wales objected to their directory being placed in libraries and to also provide a directory to any journalist who requested one.

FYI, it was their PGL Secretary who made that statement.

Therefore, it seems whether or not to be more open and transparent must be down to individual PGL's.

As you say that was SOUTH Wales.  The situation in North Wales could be somewhat different, but I would be surprised if 100% of South Wales' Freemasons would actually do it if push came to shove!  The Members make the decisions, not the PG Master, Secretary or PGL.

There are, of course some published documents that are readily available.  These are the Annual Provincial Year Books that list all the Lodges in the Province and give names and position of the Officers in each Lodge.  However, the rest of the Members are not named, but presumably could be if their permission was sought and granted.

Apart from the full list of names of all Members, Freemasonry is generally open and transparent.

I wonder if the Police would publish all the names and details of their officers, ditto many other groups and organisations.
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2011, 07:39:56 am »
I lost interest in secret societies at about the age of 13.

So that's a no to the MI6 job, then?   WWW WWW WWW
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2011, 08:14:31 am »
One point I forgot to mention in my last post (2 above) was that any list would be out of date the day it was published, as indeed are most subscription and membership lists.   The membership is constantly changing with new members being added, others leaving, some passing away, some moving etc. etc.  It would be a full time job keeping them up to date - and if they were up to date what constructive purpose would they actually serve? 

Perhaps someone would care to answer the last question!   WWW

A register of every persons DNA taken at birth would be more sensible.  ;)
Cicero

Offline Trojan

« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2011, 10:57:44 am »
Oscar has done some 'digging'.

KETLAND’S MASONRY

RAYMOND KETLAND belonged to the Lodge of St Hilary which meets at Freemasons Hall in Llandudno. He also belonged to the Royal Arch chapter, Gogarth. Ketland and the North Wales Police insist that the missing abuser is not a member of this lodge. REBECCA is including this list because it is more up to date than the entry in the Masonic Directory. The combined alphabetical list of all 70 members is as follows:

S P Adamski
B R Allport
W K Arch
L M Ashley
J Atkinson
A H Baker
N V C Bannerman
A V Basil
M S Beard
S P Beardmore
D M Birchley
R Bland
R S Bleakley
J S Boole
A M Burns
N V C Campbell-Bannerman
C J W Challinor
R Cheetham
H Collinge
H Cromie
I G Dickinson
I A Dickson
D E Eardley
D H Eaves
D K Evans
B Geeson
D J Gibbison
B W Goldsmith
E D Greenhalgh
M B Hill
R G Holden
L Hughes
M A Irons
R H Irons
D E James
G E Jayes
D A Jones
M L Jones
A M Jones
K L Jones
P M Jones
J K Kirrage
E Lof
C E Masterson
S Michael
N M Morris
J P Owen
P J Owen
C S Owen
G O’Brien
T Parry
E G Quiney
D A Randall
D E Rees
K Rimmer
V J Rimmington
B E Roberts
G D Roberts
D K Roberts
A J Smith
R J Spear
P J Thompson
M W Thompson
D J C Vickers
J O Weedon
B Westaway-Green
P M Williams
G O Williams
P A Williams
J E Wynne

Offline crd

Custodes Pacis fact or fiction?
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2011, 09:04:28 am »
Thanks to this forum I was directed to Rebecca Television
After reading a particular article I find it hard to believe this to be factual it makes reference to Custodes Pacis a police only Masonic lodge in Llandudno, surely this can’t be true!
I thought the police had to be impartial in their duty to the public it seems to me if this lodge did exist it could cloud some decisions that were made in favor of other members of this society.
Can any members confirm the existence of this lodge

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2011, 10:18:59 am »
Yes I can!   There is certainly such a Lodge as Custodis Pacis which was set up mainly for serving or retired members of ANY police service.  Although I do not know for certain most Lodges formed in such a way normally do allow people to join who have not been associated with the employment category and I do not believe CP is any different.

My own Mother Lodge was formed originally of Commercial Travellers and because of their travelling during the week, the Lodge met on a Saturday.   We did allow anyone of good character to join the Lodge irrespective of their employment.   As the Lodge had been originally formed in the 1800's one can understand the reasoning and change in focus.

Just to give you more information there are also, Lodges for almost all Trades and Callings, there are Army Lodges, Navy Lodges, RAF Lodges, even Council Lodges, and Old School Lodges.  A good search of the Internet for Masonic and quasi Masonic matters will reveal a pletora of information.

Before you start looking, I am not a Member of any North Wales Lodge.
Cicero

Offline crd

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2011, 11:19:01 am »
Thanks for the info Yorkie

Offline Quiggs

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2011, 05:26:30 pm »
I joined as a serving a member  of Custodis Pacis Lodge in the 90's and was the only one who had not been a Police officer. all the others were Retired Officers. As a serving member my duties were to prepare the Lodge Room prior to the meeting and general cleaning duties etc.
Dictum Meum Pactum

Offline crd

« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2011, 07:19:10 pm »
thanks for the info that all the officers are retired from the force

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2011, 07:38:58 pm »
Don't be left with the impression that all Police Lodges are comprised of retired Officers.  I know (knew) many serving Police Officers who were Lodge Members.  In my own Lodge, which was not a Police Lodge, we had 2 serving officers out of a total of 30 Members.  I cannot speak definitely for CP but it would be unlikely just to be retired folk.

One interesting web site is that of Mother Killwinning Lodge No. 0 the very first Masonic Lodge in Scotland.   It can be found here http://www.mk0.com/index.htm
Cicero

Offline Micox

• Ad Free Member
  • zooooooooot
    • family history
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2011, 06:23:34 pm »
I started the original Freemasonry thread on the old site. I asked because of some very dubious but unprovable experiences, probably involving freemasons, when working as a social worker in Flintshire/Clwyd Social Services 1973 - 5. As a pointer I cited some of the instances in the North Wales Child Abuse Inquiry in the 1990s. Those contributions should be found and copied here.

Heddwch.

Mike. 
Micox

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2011, 07:14:20 pm »
There are good and bad in all organisations and groups and Freemasonry is not exempt.    I have known many very good people in Freemasonry and I have also met some bad ones.  The same goes for Golf Clubs, RAOB, Lions, Councils, Parliament, Doctors, Nurses, Policemen, the Clergy, and every other organisation you can think of.   It just happens that some groups attract more attention than others or they happen to be the "flavour of the month".

Micox said: " I asked because of some very dubious but unprovable experiences, probably involving freemasons, when working as a social worker in Flintshire/Clwyd Social Services 1973 - 5. As a pointer I cited some of the instances in the North Wales Child Abuse Inquiry in the 1990s. Those contributions should be found and copied here."

The words "unprovable experiences, probably involving freemasons" say it all.  There was obviously no substance to the matters and why Freemasons should be tarnished by things that are unprovable or merely probabilities is tantamount to victimisation.  If proof were available then let those who are proved guilty be punished accordingly whether they be Freemasons or not.   WWW
Cicero

Offline Micox

• Ad Free Member
  • zooooooooot
    • family history
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2011, 06:22:05 pm »
Very biblical Yorkie. There is a difference between fact that can't be evidenced and something that 'isn't true because it can't be proved.' things are never black and white.  :-*
Micox