Author Topic: Freemasonry in Llandudno  (Read 37980 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Freemasonry in Llandudno
« on: October 21, 2010, 11:37:49 pm »
You have no idea how much I hesitated before raising this issue ....BUT.

You remember when I made some comments on Freemasonry on the OLD Forum?

Well, First.... my Postings mysteriously disappeared.
Then, ...The Forum itself mysteriously collapsed.
Do you remember the fiercest critic of Freemasonry?   Yes....now GOGARTH has disappeared !!...  AAARRGGHH !!!    aaa.gif aaa.gif aaa.gif
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Trojan

Re: Freemasonry in Llandudno
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 04:36:34 am »
Don't worry, Gogath was last seen in a wooded area somewhere in North Wales

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 08:16:32 am »
Worry not, Gogarth is alive and well, I received those old photos of the Swiss Cafe from them the other other day.

Yorkie

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 08:22:45 am »
Surprised they are allowed out in public with offensive weapons!     _))*

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 02:27:38 pm »
I know your not going to believe me but its absolutly true.

When I was 16 I moved to somerset (williton) I was living in a hotel.  The local Buffs lodge was held once every 2 months in the conference room.  Myself and another employee used to see these Buffs with chains round their necks and bells on their feet all dressed up. We were young and very intrigued so we plugged a baby moniter under the counter and listened in on their meeting with the speaker in the kitchen. All they spoke about was s***ing their wives, we were in tucks in the kitchen.  I can't take them seriously anymore.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 03:01:43 pm by Ian »
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Yorkie

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 03:05:42 pm »
But then, of course, the Buffs (or The Royal Antediluvian Order of Buffaloes) is nothing whatsoever to do with Freemasonry.       :P

Offline Quiggs

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 03:12:49 pm »
They don't wear chains or bells on their feet either, sounds more like Morris Dancers to me.   ΒΆΒΆ##
Dictum Meum Pactum

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2010, 03:56:49 pm »
They look very similar to Freemasons.
I remember being told they were the poor mans Masons
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 03:59:11 pm by Pendragon »
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Yorkie

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2010, 04:09:43 pm »
If anyone is really interested there are approximately 2000 quasi-Masonic societies in the World and the majority of them have some form of regalia, most of which seems to be based on what we all recognise as Masonic.   A lot of information is available on the Internet so have a "Google" and see what you can find.    *&(

There are also Friendly Societies such as the Oddfellows who I have seen once parading on Llandudno Promenade.     L0L

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2010, 12:17:44 pm »
When I was working, I remember calling on someone and at the end of our meeting he shook my hand.
It was a most unusual handshake and I thought that first of all he had a problem like arthritis but that evening I started to wonder.
Anyway first thing in the morning I had a phone call and the person calling said that he was calling on behalf of this person "who was in the same association as he was"
I knew this caller to be the Grand Master of a local lodge and he was calling to try to help his fellow brother out of his predicament.

Yorkie

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2010, 01:18:19 pm »
A handshake does not  neccessarily mean that a person is a Freemason.   Many Freemasons have shaken hands with people who have given them a "Masonic" handshake, but who by the use of one or two words, were found not to be Freemasons.     

Also just for the record the only person correctly refered to as "Grand Master" is HRH The Duke of Kent, KG who is the figurehead of the United Grand Lodge of England (which also incorporates Wales).  The person who leads local Lodges is known simply as The Worshipful Master (of the Lodge).     Each Province has a Provincial Grand Master and we are in the Province of North Wales.     
*&(
More available on the Internet for those interested.   $thanx$

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2010, 04:25:49 pm »
Believe me Yorkie, he was a Freemason as was the leader of the local lodge (whatever his title is)     

Offline Trojan

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2010, 05:46:15 pm »
Also just for the record the only person correctly refered to as "Grand Master" is HRH The Duke of Kent, KG who is the figurehead of the United Grand Lodge of England (which also incorporates Wales). 

Grand Master Flash must be the figurehead of the United Grand Lodge of America then.  :-X

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2010, 11:37:53 pm »
What a load of sinister, symbolic, hand-shaking, apron-wearing, grand-mastering, archaic, ridiculous, out-dated crap.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2010, 08:18:46 am »
What a load of sinister, symbolic, hand-shaking, apron-wearing, grand-mastering, archaic, ridiculous, out-dated crap

That's no way to talk about the House of Lords, Fester...

_))* _))* _))*
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.