Author Topic: Everything to do with Rhos On Sea  (Read 319325 times)

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
Re: Everything to do with Rhos On Sea
« Reply #540 on: June 10, 2016, 10:14:47 pm »
   The only response to that that I can think of is we knew we would be in hot water. But that was better than the freezing cold water from the pool. Matt Breeze the manager had a blackboard announcing the daily temperature of the water. Everyone knew that he always "doctored" this information.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #541 on: June 11, 2016, 09:20:13 am »
My Dad had a film of me swimming in there as a child. You could see my teeth chattering. Pity it was destroyed...we might have seen an eye looking through a hole in the fence !! :o ;D
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #542 on: June 11, 2016, 09:58:45 pm »
   Yes. And might I say a very nice eyeful the young (and older) Nemesis would have been

Offline cygnusx-1

« Reply #543 on: June 12, 2016, 12:01:14 pm »
Further to our man in the shelter........he was sitting outside Nino's at 5:10pm on Friday taking in the air with a large mug of something and a cigarette. He is also making use of licensed establishments in the locality I am informed. His shelter does catch the eye when you pass and will not be surprised if he gets visitors when he is not at home.
With public toilets and and the sea to wash in he appears to have all facilities to hand at present and no fees to pay for camping.

Still  think that corner is a bit dangerous with the number of cars that cannot get round it without mounting the kerb/go down the bank/hit the building etc!! 

Offline Hugo

« Reply #544 on: June 14, 2016, 04:24:14 pm »
He was still there fast asleep in that alcove when I went past this afternoon.       I'm assured that the Mental Health authority and Social Services were aware of his plight  long before the local authority applied for his eviction notice and that he had been offered accommodation but had turned it down.
He obviously has some problems and needs help but whatever the problems are the litter problem could be resolved if he just walked a few yards from the alcove to a litter bin and put the rubbish in it.     

Offline Hugo

« Reply #545 on: June 16, 2016, 01:17:27 pm »
Lots of good info there ....but I think it is shows the real reason the plans were withdrawn, and not the efforts of the petitioners, they still have a fight on there hands, I wish them well.

I passed the house yesterday and there was no evidence of any work going on but I don't think that the developers  have given up on this.  From a business point of view for what they paid for the house they can afford to sit tight for a while and once the house deteriorates so badly and is not viable to restore they can put their application in again to demolish the building and it will probably be granted.
That's what developers are like, we have seen it all before and it's still going on in Llandudno

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #546 on: June 16, 2016, 03:45:24 pm »
I agree, and talking of previous fiascoes, I have not been past Aberhod this year, has anything happened or happening ?

Offline Hugo

« Reply #547 on: June 17, 2016, 12:45:59 pm »
I drove past the Aberhod this morning and took some photos to show you what the development looks like now.  It's a while since I saw the plans for the site but if the Puppet Theatre is not part of the plans for redevelopment then it looks like it's a large over development on a small plot.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #548 on: June 17, 2016, 01:33:31 pm »
Thanks for that Hugo, nice to see a roof on the building and work progressing, lets hope they do justice to this historic site.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #549 on: June 17, 2016, 02:58:53 pm »
I also stopped at Odstone by Rhos on Sea  Golf Course and there was no activity at all going on.   The gate was locked and the sign said that there was CCTV coverage going on so I just  took a few photos of the place.   From what I could see the place was secure and no broken windows or missing roof tiles etc so I wonder how they are trying to get around the objections made to the application for planning, that they have since withdrawn from.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #550 on: June 17, 2016, 06:05:14 pm »
   Yes. And might I say a very nice eyeful the young (and older) Nemesis would have been

Come off it Mike, I've got 4 great-grandchildren !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #551 on: June 24, 2016, 07:13:44 pm »
I drove from Llandudno to Colwyn Bay at about noon today and after I passed the Llandrillo  College the main road was flooded in many parts.  There must have been heavy localised rain in that area and a Fire engine raced past us in that general direction.
When we arrived in Colwyn Bay though, it wasn't too bad and there was no sign of any flooding there.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #552 on: July 05, 2016, 08:52:34 pm »
I passed the point at Rhos on Sea today and noticed that Jonathon Hughes was still living there despite CCBC obtaining an eviction notice on him.    It's fast approaching the school holidays and the holiday season and he's showing no signs of moving from that place.
CCBC has had a lot of flack over this but in fairness I know for a fact that everything possible has been done to help him including offering him accommodation but he has so far refused the help.
He is in a vulnerable position but it does need sorting out sooner rather than later.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #553 on: July 07, 2016, 10:58:21 pm »
I drove past again today and the homeless man was still in the same spot.  His physical and mental health must be  deteriorating and today he looked awful.    The sooner Social Services and CCBC resolve this then it will be better for him and the authorities.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/rhos-sea-homeless-man-still-11584542

Offline Neil

« Reply #554 on: October 26, 2016, 11:55:12 pm »
The refurbishment of the conveniences seems to be taking quite a long time, I imagine that if you could see inside you would see four or five men chatting most of the time, if Conwy Council ran a Company they would be bankrupt very quickly.