Author Topic: Everything to do with Rhos On Sea  (Read 319307 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Everything to do with Rhos On Sea
« Reply #495 on: April 21, 2016, 04:10:57 pm »
Just gone past Odstone, there is a surveying team with drilling rig in the front garden - odd that they are still surveying the site when the planning application has been withdrawn?

I went past too Dave and was surprised to see people working on the site so soon.    The application has been withdrawn but I think that is because of the strength of feeling in the area.   I believe that they are looking at the original application again with a view to submit another modified  plan in the future.
Whenever a building application goes in and anyone wishes to object to it then they should apply for tree preservation orders to be applied to any suitable mature trees.
What this developer has done is to remove those trees before a TPO is introduced and this takes one obstacle away.
I haven't seen the plans that were originally submitted but would imagine that the apartments would have been brought forward to the building line of the other properties and there get maximum profit from the site.
Perhaps I'm cynical but I don't trust developers and I wouldn't be surprised by anything they do.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #496 on: April 22, 2016, 10:53:19 am »
It is obvious why the developer bought the house in the first place.   It wasn't bought for use as a house or otherwise they wouldn't have destroyed the garden like they have done,   
They are a business and their sole purpose is to maximise profit on their outlay and they will achieve this only if the house is demolished and as many apartments as allowable are erected on this site.
I've seen this happen quite a few times and it actually happened to a group I was involved with.    A well known PLC wanted to demolish two houses in our street that stood in a large plot of land and then build 5 massive houses in their place.     We employed a Consultant to represent the people objecting to the demolition and the application by the PLC was defeated as was there appeal to the Welsh Office.
I wanted to post part of the Consultants objection to the demolition but my computer is playing up at present,        :rage:        :rage:

Anyway I've just shown extracts  from our objection:-
POLICY BE17;  Demolition
Para 6.54        The demolition of residential buildings outside of conservation areas will be resisted where they contribute to the character of the area and are worthy of protection  for this reason.

There are many more examples that I could list and will do so when that computer works again       :rage:     :rage:

My own opinion as to what will happen is that the builder may sit tight on the property and will allow it to deteriorate so that it won't be viable to restore it  OR there may be a mysterious fire inside the property and it will be gutted.     

Offline Hugo

« Reply #497 on: April 22, 2016, 12:17:48 pm »
I think that I may have been able to sort out some things on the computer and I'll post them below.     They are copies of an objection that we raised in 2008 against a large PLC that wanted to demolish two properties in our street then replace them with 5 massive houses.
The Planning regulations may have changed or the Policy numbers in that period but I would imagine that the principle is the same.

I've only posted them in case anyone wants examples of objections if and when the next application is made.    Building firms can just sit tight until the time is right and then make the application.
My opinion for what it's worth is that the building will just be allowed to deteriorate until it is not viable to restore or a possible mysterious fire happens.  I just hope that I'm proved wrong

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #498 on: April 22, 2016, 01:24:09 pm »
This smacks of Penmorfa.....and look what a mess that looks !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Meleri

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #499 on: April 22, 2016, 02:47:24 pm »
I have had a quick look at the planning application and it seems Natural Resources Wales recommend a more detailed model on flood levels. The site is in a C1 flood risk zone and they haven't taken into consideration the flood risk from the original course of the Afon Ganol. NRW will have to be satisfied that the increase in density does not compromise the safety of future residents of the scheme and that the risks/consequences of flooding can be acceptably managed.
There is lots of interesting fact and a 3D sketches of how it will look. If anyone wants a look go to the Conwy County Borough Planning site click Viewing & Commenting on Planning Applications. then click Search by Application,In the application box put in 0/42592, click on the green writing Application No, click View Documents. This will bring you to all the info such as plans, input from various departments etc and letters of objection.
One thing I noticed on the application form in answer to the question, 'Is the site currently vacant' they replied No. Surely that can't be right as it's well over 10 years since anyone lived there. Also the number of car spaces is going up from 2 to 28, so that is probably one of the reasons they have cleared the garden.
It's a very sad time for all the Counties in Wales as the Welsh Ministers are pushing to build more much needed housing, but greedy developers are being opportunistic and using a loop hole this has caused to build in areas that normally it wouldn't be allowed, in the race to meet the targets WAG have set.  &shake&

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #501 on: April 22, 2016, 04:25:34 pm »
Lots of good info there ....but I think it is shows the real reason the plans were withdrawn, and not the efforts of the petitioners, they still have a fight on there hands, I wish them well.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #502 on: April 28, 2016, 06:01:49 pm »
VIDEO: Rare water spout spotted off the coast of Rhos-on-Sea.
A VERY rare force of nature was spotted off the coast of Rhos-on-Sea yesterday.
A water spout was seen twisting between the sea and sky around lunch time on Wednesday 28 after a bout of wind and hot and cold weather.
http://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/161504/video-rare-water-spout-spotted-off-the-coast-of-rhos-on-sea.aspx

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #503 on: May 12, 2016, 11:38:33 am »
Excellent job being done with replacing the rotten railings from Rhos towards the C. B. Pier. Lovely new plastic coated steel ones being put in.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #504 on: May 12, 2016, 07:21:13 pm »
Here here. Admire them every day
K

Offline Daihardwelshman

« Reply #505 on: May 25, 2016, 09:58:46 am »
Looks like work has finally started turning Geordies into a Co op, they were ripping out the windows etc yesterday.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #506 on: May 25, 2016, 12:56:07 pm »
  The "homeless" man camped out on the bench at the old Rhs pier entrance. Whatever the rights ad wrongs of his actions, I really do think he is pushing his luck. He haven't been thrown out with only the cloths he stands up in. The pile of his belongings grows and grows every day. It's not an exaggeration to say it will soon need a van to take it all away. In the meantime he is enjoying himself stripping off from the waist upwards and sunbathing around tea time on sunny evenings.
  Rhos can do without this sort of attraction.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #507 on: May 25, 2016, 03:26:55 pm »
OMG !  :o Spare us that sight ! As the weeks have passed his belongings have multiplied----------one thinks of The Lady in the Van... usually when we pass he has been laid flat out covered in duvets and other coverings. I have a heck of a job to stop the dog going up to him for a sniff round, and worse.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #508 on: May 25, 2016, 03:58:25 pm »
Maybe he's doing a 'Reggie Perrin'?   
Turned his back on the rat race.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #509 on: May 25, 2016, 08:37:27 pm »
Looked a bit 'spaced out' the last time I saw him in a sitting position. Surprised no one has offered some kind of help and shelter to him, especially after last Sunday's rain. He must have been soaked.