Author Topic: Everything to do with Rhos On Sea  (Read 319328 times)

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
Re: Everything to do with Rhos On Sea
« Reply #375 on: February 10, 2015, 05:01:37 pm »
              According to the Ship AIS website she is named the "Pole Star" and is described as a buoy/lighthouse vessel.

Offline mull

• Management board member
« Reply #376 on: February 10, 2015, 09:00:02 pm »
Oban Based Northern Lighthouse ship.
Was off the Ross Of Mull before the weekend, servicing bouys at south end of Sound of Iona.

Must be helping out Trinity House.

Offline temperancellandudno

« Reply #377 on: February 24, 2015, 10:15:59 am »
Hello everyone

I was in Rhos yesterday. Concerning Aberhod - it just seems to be one long saga. Yet more demolition seems to have taken place, and there can't be much left of the original. I suppose one day it will all look fine and the chaos will be a memory.

I was interested in the item about the lost diary, which itself seems to have been lost in a forest of postings! ;D Does anyone know about any further developments with this?

Take care everyone

TL

« Reply #378 on: April 13, 2015, 06:48:46 pm »
Hello everyone

Gosh - the Aberhod saga continues. I was in Rhos Friday - and now the back walls of the place seem to have been demolished, but there are people on site. It looks like new window openings are being created on the front wall. Whatever happens, there is little left of the original - or indeed later additions?

Anyhow care to hazard a guess as to how much longer before ether the entire remains collapse, or the present works are completed and a reconstructed building emerges?

take care all

T

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #379 on: April 13, 2015, 07:15:24 pm »
Hello everyone

Gosh - the Aberhod saga continues. I was in Rhos Friday - and now the back walls of the place seem to have been demolished, but there are people on site. It looks like new window openings are being created on the front wall. Whatever happens, there is little left of the original - or indeed later additions?

Anyhow care to hazard a guess as to how much longer before ether the entire remains collapse, or the present works are completed and a reconstructed building emerges?

take care all

T
It looks terrible, they have ruined one of the oldest buildings in the area.  &shake&

« Reply #380 on: April 13, 2015, 11:32:20 pm »
Hi Dave

How I agree with you. I wonder what the final building will look like?!

Regards

T

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #381 on: June 04, 2015, 08:43:25 am »
I see that the last bank in Rhos, the NatWest, is closing. A sign of the times, I suppose.  :(

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/natwest-close-11-north-wales-9386725#rlabs=1

Offline hollins

« Reply #382 on: June 04, 2015, 09:06:03 am »
...and Abergele, St Asaph and Denbigh. I think that makes the Llandudno one my nearest, 35 mins drive away and it upsets me to even go in that branch when I see what they have done to the interior of it.
That is apart from the fact that there is virtually no service when you finally get there.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #383 on: June 04, 2015, 09:21:30 am »
...and Abergele, St Asaph and Denbigh. I think that makes the Llandudno one my nearest, 35 mins drive away and it upsets me to even go in that branch when I see what they have done to the interior of it.
That is apart from the fact that there is virtually no service when you finally get there.
Is the Ruthin one still open? It's in the old town hall, isnt it, the half timbered building on the Square?

Offline hollins

« Reply #384 on: June 04, 2015, 09:28:00 am »
Yes, that one doesn't appear on the list yet. A beautiful building. I dread to think what their plans are for that one.

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #385 on: June 04, 2015, 09:45:22 am »
Hollins, I can empathise with your feelings in respect of the Nat West Llandudno. Mrs B needs to go in on a regular basis, the 'automatic' machines only work properly on occasion and the queue to be served at those silly lecterns are ridicules. The last time we were in, a staff member was typing away at a computer in that desk area on the left, I was able to see and read everything that she typed - so much for banking confidentiality! 

Just prior to Christmas, Mrs B complained to the 'wandering assistant' that hangs around the machines about the service; the assistant rolled her eyes with an exasperated face when she thought Mrs B wasn't looking. I, however, was standing a few feet away (the assistant obviously did not think that we were together) and did see and I asked the assistant if she thought that her conduct was acceptable. She just went red and walked off. 
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline hollins

« Reply #386 on: June 04, 2015, 10:14:20 am »
That is a disgrace Bosun but only what I have come to expect from there.
I wrote to Nat West complaining about the lack of service with the photos that I took in there recently and posted on here.
This was part of the dismissive reply,

"I am sorry I am unable to agree with your complaint regarding the new style of our Llandudno branch and the services offered. This is because it is a choice the Bank has made in response to customer feedback, as to how customers wish to undertake their banking."

There don't seem to be many people on this forum that wish to undertake their banking in the way that Nat West apparently think we do.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #387 on: June 04, 2015, 12:23:09 pm »
That is a disgrace Bosun but only what I have come to expect from there.
I wrote to Nat West complaining about the lack of service with the photos that I took in there recently and posted on here.
This was part of the dismissive reply,

"I am sorry I am unable to agree with your complaint regarding the new style of our Llandudno branch and the services offered. This is because it is a choice the Bank has made in response to customer feedback, as to how customers wish to undertake their banking."

There don't seem to be many people on this forum that wish to undertake their banking in the way that Nat West apparently think we do.

I would have said excuse me......I think you'll find I am a CUSTOMER. I think you'll find I am giving you FEEDBACK.
The next feedback you will be getting is GOODBYE $angry$
Arrogance of these people beggar's belief!

Offline hollins

« Reply #388 on: June 04, 2015, 01:08:40 pm »
This letter has just arrived to add insult to injury.
How about this comment,

"Don't worry - we'll take care of everything for you
You can continue to use any other branch of Nat West that is convenient to you."

A leaflet is also enclosed on how to use the "helpful banking" at the Post Office.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #389 on: June 04, 2015, 02:46:43 pm »
I like how they make it sound like an accident that less people are using the counter service, rather than a manipulated business agenda. Just like supermarkets, we are doing their work for them and so the staff suffer.