Author Topic: Everything to do with Rhos On Sea  (Read 319306 times)

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
Re: Everything to do with Rhos On Sea
« Reply #300 on: December 09, 2013, 08:40:35 am »
As I consider myself as an elder statesman from Rhos -- how about you 3 town people stopping posting about " the skip" in this thread.Rhos has got more sense than to have skips on its beach.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #301 on: December 09, 2013, 10:15:25 am »
I was thinking the same Mike, although I doubt that most people in Colwyn Bay want it either to be honest!  :twoface:
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #302 on: December 09, 2013, 03:33:54 pm »
As I consider myself as an elder statesman from Rhos -- how about you 3 town people stopping posting about " the skip" in this thread.Rhos has got more sense than to have skips on its beach.

Rhos didn't have any problems when they got rid of the Swimming Pool and the Pier, and a few other interesting artifacts!    :D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #303 on: December 15, 2013, 04:44:25 pm »
Sadly there is a dead porpoise / dolphin on the seafront, perhaps from the recent bad weather?

Offline Linda

« Reply #304 on: December 16, 2013, 01:42:08 am »
Its a young common Dolphin, thats so sad  :'(

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #305 on: December 16, 2013, 09:00:49 am »
Is that 'Crime Scene' tape around the body?  ???

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #306 on: December 16, 2013, 10:20:26 am »
It had 'Coastguard' printed on it.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #307 on: December 16, 2013, 12:26:40 pm »
i see the big ship that was anchored off Rhos is now sheltering off angelsey before Wednesdays big storm.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #308 on: December 16, 2013, 12:59:54 pm »
i see the big ship that was anchored off Rhos is now sheltering off angelsey before Wednesdays big storm.

That Floating Hotel Ship is still there off Rhos  Wrex and it seems to come in for shelter when a storm is forecast.  I've seen it there before when the weather was stormy.
I can see it from my window and watched it go out to sea last time and it just disappeared from view way past those windmills.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #309 on: January 03, 2014, 10:52:49 pm »
The new crazy golf course is coming on well, they were working on it today in the winds, must be crazy!  :laugh:

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #310 on: January 04, 2014, 05:23:43 pm »
I was looking at it the other day, the whole layout looks really cramped to me.

Offline dwsi

« Reply #311 on: January 06, 2014, 06:36:42 pm »
I was looking at it the other day, the whole layout looks really cramped to me.

Designed by a numpty with a degree who's never been to Rhôs on Sea?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #312 on: January 08, 2014, 10:31:43 am »
A US style smokehouse restaurant will create up to 60 jobs and breathe life into a former pub when it opens in North Wales in March.

Hickory’s, which has successful restaurants in Chester and West  Kirby, Wirral, has bought The Ship  pub in Rhos-on-Sea which closed last  year.

Renovation work started at the end of November and the firm is now set to start recruiting.

It is the latest quality eating venue  to open in the region – and will  launch just a month after chef Bryn Williams opens an eaterie in the nearby Porth Eirias watersports centre on the Colwyn Bay prom.

Project manager Gary Carter said: “We spent time in the region trying to  identify a site in the Colwyn Bay/Llandudno area because we felt  there was a great demographic here  for the restaurant.

“We had spent a day in the area and  not found anything ideal and were  having a drink at a place near Rhuallt  Hill on the way home.

“An old guy got talking with us and  suggested the Ship site.

“We decided to come back the next  day and look at the site and it was  perfect, both in terms of its location  and also the space available, we were  very specific on what we wanted.

“Work started at the end of  November.”

The core construction team on the  project has come from the Chester  area but the firm is using plastering  and joinery workers from  the local  community.

Once completed the restaurant  will accommodate nearly 130 diners  inside and the same amount outside  with covered areas warmed by outdoor heaters.

There will also be a cinema and  play area for children.

Gary added: “We have not  scrimped on quality. We have learnt  from previous projects.

“In Chester we initially put in a  cheap floor, it lasted 18 months and  we had to replace it and close for  three days. We have learnt that it is  best to pay more for quality as this  will pay off in the long term, also this  time we have the money to invest.

“The investment here is substantial. As well as serving the local community we also hope to do well with  visitors to the area and bring more  people here.”

Jennie Grimes, marketing and PR  manager, said: “I know the area well  from visiting with my family and we  have been amazed by the reaction  from the local community to us coming here, we have had so many messages of support.

“Our close neighbours tell us about  when the Ship garden would be full  of people eating and we want to  re-build that reputation as a venue.

“Our staff are passionate about  what they do, some staff have been to  Louisiana on road trips to research  drinks and food and come back with  great ideas. We encourage them to be  innovative.

“We will initially take on between  50 and 60 staff to start up, we are  holding recruitment days and working with the college down the road  over training.

“A core team of three will come  here initially with the future core  team for North Wales going to  Chester to train up and learn all  about the company and how we  work and if they like it.

“We run busy restaurants and have  high standards, most respond well to  that.”

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/style-smokehouse-restaurant-create-60-6477832

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #313 on: January 08, 2014, 10:36:38 am »
Our staff are passionate about  what they do

Aren't they simply 'good' at it? Yet another nail in the coffin of clear communication.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #314 on: January 08, 2014, 11:25:03 am »
I do hope that they made the effort to reward the 'old guy' for his recommendation and advice.

That sounded a little dismissive to me.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -