Author Topic: Everything to do with Rhos On Sea  (Read 319322 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Everything to do with Rhos On Sea
« Reply #150 on: June 30, 2011, 09:00:25 am »
Just wasted about ten minutes of my life going back. through about 60 or so posts. I got to one about a car smash in Rhos. Is this the connection? if so, its a bit vague
No need to go back that far, Mike, it's this one:
http://threetownsforum.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=225.msg28966#msg28966

Waffagolf

« Reply #151 on: June 30, 2011, 12:27:00 pm »
I suspect Ormegolf has a problem with me and I further suspect it's related to my St Mary's College posts. Well, I shall make Ormegolf's day. I'm now off the Three Towns Forum. There will be no more from me ever. Goodbye everyone.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #152 on: June 30, 2011, 01:34:09 pm »
Waffagolf, that's a great shame, you showed us some great pictures and memories  :(
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #153 on: July 02, 2011, 10:19:22 am »
The Harbour Deli in Rhos has shut down, following repossession by the Landlord, presumably for non payment of rent. Nice little unit in a good location.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 05:26:47 pm by DaveR »

Offline Trojan

« Reply #154 on: July 02, 2011, 05:21:20 pm »
Waffagolf, that's a great shame, you showed us some great pictures and memories  :(

:( I agree.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #155 on: July 02, 2011, 11:48:05 pm »
I suspect Ormegolf has a problem with me and I further suspect it's related to my St Mary's College posts. Well, I shall make Ormegolf's day. I'm now off the Three Towns Forum. There will be no more from me ever. Goodbye everyone.

A bit melo-dramatic?

Sounded a lot like 'Goodbye Cruel World'
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #156 on: July 03, 2011, 08:39:31 am »
Waffagolf was a major contributor during their short membership, and their contribution will be missed, since that's exactly what this forum is for.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #157 on: July 03, 2011, 01:40:10 pm »
Waffagolf was a major contributor during their short membership, and their contribution will be missed, since that's exactly what this forum is for.

I agree, hopefully he may return!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Trojan

« Reply #158 on: July 03, 2011, 04:26:38 pm »

A bit melo-dramatic?

Sounded a lot like 'Goodbye Cruel World'

Didn't BrumBob do something similar?

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #159 on: July 03, 2011, 05:42:56 pm »
I must be missing something because I can't see anything that would seem justify this. 

People will come and people will go as they do in all clubs, societies and Forums, often for rather indifferent reasons.   He'll be back maybe with a different name!    WWW
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #160 on: July 03, 2011, 11:46:28 pm »
Waffagolf---I most definately have not got a problem with you. In fact, I had to check that I had even got your name spelt correctly so little thought had I given to your posts. That applies to everyone else. I just glance through the forum and sometimes reply to a particular point. I just could not understand how a car rally should be put under Rhos on Sea matters, I m ight have been slightly iratated because I'd wasted a second or two of my life reading about a car rally when I expected to read about some old building, shop, person from Rhos. As to the Rhos Preparatory School, I havent got a clue what you mean. I just said that I was a pupil there around 70 years ago, which I was. I know absolutely nothing about it under its other name, and I might add I have absolutely no interest in EVER knowing anything about it.  So, you certainly havent made my day. My day is spent away from the forum, its only by chance that I even happened to read your post, and thats at 11.30 p.m. at night. So, goodbye and goodnight.  (to Waffagolf that is, not the forum)

Offline Trojan

« Reply #161 on: July 04, 2011, 01:04:47 am »
In fact, I had to check that I had even got your name spelt correctly so little thought had I given to your posts. That applies to everyone else.

Thanks Mike.  :'(

8)

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #162 on: July 04, 2011, 11:50:28 pm »
Trojan, I appear to be upsetting everyone. What I meant is that I am not a devoted follower of the forum. I dont spend much time on it, maybe 5 mins a day, I just skim through recent posts, miss lots altogether, only notice who has written a particular post when it particularly interests me. I am basically a reader, not a writer. I enjoy reading certain posts, but I only reply if I think I can correct or add to some particular information. So, as far as Waffagolf was concerned, I had'nt even noticed that the two subjects that appeared to upset him, St Davids College and the car rally were both written by him. I dont know whether he is still in the forum, but if he is I would say it would'nt bother me in the slightest if I was not a forum member. I could still read the posts as a visitor, and that is all I really enjoy, so if he wants to come back but doesent like to because of me, just say so and I'll resign.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #163 on: July 05, 2011, 09:24:12 am »
No, you're not upsetting everyone Mike. Only one person became upset, apparently.......and left the forum.

Which is a shame.  :'(

It all seems slightly strange to me.

Mr Ledder used to cut Waffagolfs' and your hair at one time too. Come to think of it, you both could have been in his barbers' at the same time and could have passed the time of day, or even chatted for a while. But under the anonymity of a forum you both fall out with each other.

Funny old world really.

:-X

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #164 on: July 05, 2011, 12:39:27 pm »
It seems to me that some of you chaps do get a little bit "touchy" at times. 

It reminds me of comment by a psychologist friend (female) when we were discussing a mutual acquaintance (male):
"The male ego - so big but so easily damaged!" 

Come on chaps, there's room on the Forum for all of you.   :)