Author Topic: Everything to do with Rhos On Sea  (Read 319329 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Everything to do with Rhos On Sea
« Reply #120 on: June 06, 2011, 08:07:40 am »
Fantastic photos, Waffagolf.  $good$

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #121 on: June 06, 2011, 09:10:46 am »
Pardon me for sort of hijacking the thread but there is a connection.

Me and the missus went to watch the finish of the Three Castles Car Rally late on Saturday afternoon after first visiting the successful Deganwy Prom Day.

After sitting on the prom for half an hour watching all these cars returning, we both agreed the event was missing something and initially could not work out what it needed.

Eventually, the answer came to us.

It needed Ian Turner. 

When will the organisers of these events begin to realise what Ian can bring to their events?

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #122 on: June 06, 2011, 09:27:34 am »
On Saturday we went for a picnic up to Llyn Brenig, we decided to approach from the Nantglyn end, thinking it would be a nice scenic drive with little traffic. Coming the other way  just at that time was the Three Castles Race and we were treated to the sight of all those fantastic vehicles passing us, we had to pull into every passing place,  it was like going back in time! People were sat outside their homes on chairs waving them through. All the drivers were driving courteously and waving as they passed. $walesflag$

Waffagolf

« Reply #123 on: June 06, 2011, 10:18:04 am »
In response  to Trojans question, I do have several pictures of Turner's Radio @ 30 Rhos Road, but the files are to big to go on here. I'll see what I can do.

Waffagolf

« Reply #124 on: June 06, 2011, 10:30:52 am »
I'm sure Ian would be chuffed at the comments from Bri. I think he's been providing commentary at the Aberconwy Vintage Vehicle Rally for about 30 years or so. That's a nice rally with vehicles built no later than 1972, with the rally taking place each year on the first Sunday in July. It is wonderful that people lovingly keeps such vehicles roadworthy for us all to see and admire.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #125 on: June 06, 2011, 10:32:21 am »
In response  to Trojans question, I do have several pictures of Turner's Radio @ 30 Rhos Road, but the files are to big to go on here. I'll see what I can do.
Feel free to email them (and any others) to admin @ threetownsforum.co.uk and I will resize them and stick them on here.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #126 on: June 06, 2011, 10:38:54 am »
I'm sure Ian would be chuffed at the comments from Bri. I think he's been providing commentary at the Aberconwy Vintage Vehicle Rally for about 30 years or so. That's a nice rally with vehicles built no later than 1972, with the rally taking place each year on the first Sunday in July. It is wonderful that people lovingly keeps such vehicles roadworthy for us all to see and admire.

I've not heard of this, is there time to enter my Spitfire ?(assuming it doesn't clash with another event!)
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #127 on: June 06, 2011, 11:00:58 am »
Photos of Turners Electrical in Rhos On Sea, kindly provided by Waffagolf:

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #128 on: June 06, 2011, 11:05:32 am »
These pictures from Waffagolf are fantastic $good$ I love old pics like this, I've always liked 'then and now' pictures, fascinating!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #129 on: June 06, 2011, 11:13:47 am »
great photos, love the way they take up the whole pavement with Deckchairs!

Waffagolf

« Reply #130 on: June 06, 2011, 11:18:39 am »
Merddin will be interested in seeing the marques attending the Conwy Valley Vehicle Rally. The cars from as far back as 1921 (some earlier) assemble at Gwydyr Park in Llanrwst from 09:00 and assemble on Llandudno prom from 14:15pm for the prize giving on the first Sunday in July.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #131 on: June 06, 2011, 11:32:42 am »
I shall be present with my camera to photograph them.

Waffagolf

« Reply #132 on: June 06, 2011, 11:46:39 am »
Here's a few more vehicles that could be there on the day. They are members of the Automobile Club of North Wales.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #133 on: June 06, 2011, 12:24:50 pm »
What was interesting about the Three Castles Rally was that from the entry list, I only noticed one entry was from Wales and that was from Wrexham.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #134 on: June 06, 2011, 01:03:27 pm »
Courtesy of Waffagolf, and from March 1962, this NWWN Clipping shows members of the Bay of Colwyn Sailing Club:

[smg id=2439]
(Click image and then F when pop up window appears to view full size)