Author Topic: Everything to do with Rhos On Sea  (Read 319329 times)

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
Re: Everything to do with Rhos On Sea
« Reply #660 on: January 24, 2019, 04:54:00 pm »
The Farm Shop in Colwyn Avenue seems to have closed. Anyone know why ?

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #661 on: January 24, 2019, 10:39:46 pm »
Is that the greengrocers on the corner near Bryan Davies' estate agents Cambrian?       If it is the one, then that's a shame because it's a great little shop and the staff there are so friendly and helpful

Offline Cambrian

« Reply #662 on: January 25, 2019, 01:43:41 pm »
That's the one, Hugo.  I agree a good shop and one of the very few where you could get Becws Alun bread!

Offline Hugo

« Reply #663 on: January 25, 2019, 05:25:27 pm »
Thanks Cambrian,   that's a shame if it has closed because it was a good little shop.     I always thought that it was just a Greengrocers and the first time I went there was to buy some bananas but when I went inside to pay the aroma of the baking tempted me to buy a load of home made scones and cakes.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #664 on: February 21, 2019, 12:23:19 pm »
Rhos Point has finally been sold by CCBC, only took them about 8 years to sell a prime redevelopment site. But who’s the buyer? And what plans does he have? Only the Shadow knows....

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #665 on: February 22, 2019, 11:55:54 am »
Someone has jumped the gun........

Seafront development 'not sold' - despite the sign - but key announcement is due
A sold signed was placed on the buildings at Rhos Point in Rhos-on-Sea this week.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/seafront-development-not-sold-despite-15866536

Offline Robbie G

« Reply #666 on: February 22, 2019, 06:54:28 pm »
Hugo The small green grocers shop has closed for health reasons I believe , however it is reopening but as what nobody has any information we will have to wait and see .

Offline Hugo

« Reply #667 on: February 22, 2019, 07:39:47 pm »
Thanks very much for posting that Robbie and I'm sorry to hear about the health issues because the staff there have been so pleasant.    I hope that their health improves soon

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #668 on: February 25, 2019, 12:24:16 pm »
Hi Dave, your comments about the buildings at the entrance to the Rhos pier.
  I note you say they been empty for 8 years which is correct. But I am sure you will recall two prominent members of the threetiwnsforum approached the council around seven years ago asking about them and what the council plans for the future.
  I know the two members were impressed with the two council officers they met. They told me that the meeting was productive and cordial, and that the officers promised you would be hearing from them shortly.
   Seeing as I knew all the people concerned I thought to myself you will be lucky haha if you expect a reply.
      Still waiting?  Ha
    Mike

Offline spotty dog

Offline Hugo

« Reply #670 on: February 27, 2019, 12:38:20 pm »
https://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/exciting-plans-rhos-point-successful-15891600

Decision made on this poi t cafe

If he's looking for a developer he could always ask Mr Waldron for a quote     ;D

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #671 on: March 01, 2019, 10:28:05 am »
Hi Dave, your comments about the buildings at the entrance to the Rhos pier.
  I note you say they been empty for 8 years which is correct. But I am sure you will recall two prominent members of the threetiwnsforum approached the council around seven years ago asking about them and what the council plans for the future.
  I know the two members were impressed with the two council officers they met. They told me that the meeting was productive and cordial, and that the officers promised you would be hearing from them shortly.
   Seeing as I knew all the people concerned I thought to myself you will be lucky haha if you expect a reply.
      Still waiting?  Ha
    Mike

Yes, we are still waiting to hear back from them, Mike. They told us that there had been a lot of interested parties clamouring to buy the site. Odd how it was still derelict all those years later, really?

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #672 on: March 01, 2019, 02:58:13 pm »
1st Shelter below the Cayley demolished and the site cleared. The work man says there are no plans to replace it that he knows of and there are 2 more to be demolished. Hope they put a few seats of some kind on there !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #673 on: March 04, 2019, 10:38:14 am »
This is exactly what Llandudno Pier owner has planned for Rhos Point - and we're already excited
The site at nearby Rhos on Sea has fallen into disrepair but if all goes well, it'll get a huge Mediterranean makeover.
https://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/exactly-what-llandudno-pier-owner-15896334

Offline Cambrian

« Reply #674 on: March 08, 2019, 05:02:25 pm »
Brian

Re you post about North Wales Medical Centre bus stop.  I noticed the other day that a new sign has appeared renaming it "Blind Veterans UK Centre".