Author Topic: Everything to do with Rhos On Sea  (Read 321260 times)

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
Re: Everything to do with Rhos On Sea
« Reply #675 on: March 08, 2019, 07:07:50 pm »
Thank you, Cambrian.

I wonder if the audible next bus stop announcement on the Number 5 Service has changed as well.

If so, this will be great news to any partially-sighted passengers wishing to alight here.  :)

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #676 on: March 08, 2019, 07:36:59 pm »
I have heard that the announcements have been turned off by many drivers as there are various errors and mispronunciations.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #677 on: March 09, 2019, 01:00:16 pm »
1st Shelter below the Cayley demolished and the site cleared. The work man says there are no plans to replace it that he knows of and there are 2 more to be demolished. Hope they put a few seats of some kind on there !

Conwy County Borough Council has begun work this week on the promenade shelters in Rhos on Sea. Two of the shelters were found to have corroded metal and degraded concrete to the extent that they were considered to have come to the end of their useful life, and these have been demolished.
The remaining five shelters will be undergoing a programme of repair.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #678 on: March 09, 2019, 01:34:48 pm »
About 4/5 years ago chatting to a person on Llandudno prom he said they had the funding for 3or4 new shelter wonder where that money has gone.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #679 on: March 09, 2019, 02:19:02 pm »
1st Shelter below the Cayley demolished and the site cleared. The work man says there are no plans to replace it that he knows of and there are 2 more to be demolished. Hope they put a few seats of some kind on there !

Posted this on March 1st !. Nothing more been done since, except that the far café kiosk looks to be being renovated.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #680 on: March 12, 2019, 10:22:18 am »
This is exactly what Llandudno Pier owner has planned for Rhos Point - and we're already excited
The site at nearby Rhos on Sea has fallen into disrepair but if all goes well, it'll get a huge Mediterranean makeover.
https://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/exactly-what-llandudno-pier-owner-15896334
Back in the 1970s, a large section of Rhos Point was a very pleasant open area for people to sit and look at the view. In my view, its a shame to see the entire area disappear under buildings - CCBC seems more interested in making money than thinking about the public interest.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #681 on: March 16, 2019, 10:35:53 am »
A new supermarket - that was approved by a planning inspector despite local opposition - is due to open this autumn.

Co-op’s plans to demolish the former United Reformed Church Hall on Colwyn Avenue in Rhos-on-Sea were approved last May.

Planning inspector Declan Beggan gave it the go-ahead despite Conwy Council’s planning committee previously turning the application down.    Cont     https://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/co-op-reveals-new-north-15981834

Offline Robbie G

« Reply #682 on: March 22, 2019, 02:03:25 pm »
I notice the greengrocers shop  in Rhos has reopened as a craft and gift shop , it also surprisingly sells  cakes and other goodies lets hope it is successful .

Offline SteveH

Re: Everything to do with Rhos On Sea .......... Serious crash on Prom
« Reply #683 on: May 14, 2019, 06:15:15 pm »
People are being cut free from their car after it crashed onto rocks on the seafront.

Emergency services are currently on West Promenade at Rhos-on-Sea after a car crashed through the barriers and onto rocks below.

Firefighters, paramedics and police are on the scene of the incident.

Firefighters have been using cutting tools to help free the people in the car.

DP report and photos    https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/live-people-cut-free-car-16275855

Offline Hugo

« Reply #684 on: May 15, 2019, 03:28:11 pm »
Something similar happened a few years ago by St Trillo's Chapel in Rhos and I think that they were lucky to escape with the injuries they sustained as it could have been far worse.
I hope that the people in this car were not seriously injured

Offline SteveH

Re: Everything to do with Rhos On Sea..........Missing children found
« Reply #685 on: July 24, 2019, 10:41:18 am »
Big search last night in the area, The search, which involved the police helicopter and multiple units, continued through the night and into Wednesday morning. until three children reported missing at 2.30 AM,  aged 8, 9 and 12 were thankfully found safe and well.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #686 on: September 04, 2019, 04:34:54 pm »
High tide at Rhos earlier this afternoon

Offline Hugo

« Reply #687 on: September 04, 2019, 10:36:44 pm »
Jewellery worth £50K stolen in raid on Cerefice family home 

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/familys-lives-changed-forever-after-16865197

Offline Hugo

« Reply #688 on: September 06, 2019, 07:51:35 pm »
When I was driving from Penrhyn Bay I noticed that the lifeboat was heading back to Llandudno and then by the Cayley Embankment slipway in Rhos  there was a crowd of people there including the Police and members of the RNLI.
I asked an official what was happening but he said that it was an ongoing incident and could not make a comment other than to say that no one was hurt

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #689 on: September 06, 2019, 08:03:28 pm »
Loads of sirens round town then I seen the big boat had gone out.