Author Topic: Everything to do with Rhos On Sea  (Read 321546 times)

Online Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Everything to do with Rhos On Sea
« Reply #510 on: May 26, 2016, 04:26:45 pm »
A friend of mine takes him something to eat every lunch time and she has contacted the Social Services a few times to get him the help he needs.   The Social Services were already aware of his plight but nothing appears to have been done yet.
My wife took him a package which included a torch, batteries, chocolate and crisps  and a few more things that she thought that he might need and he took the package, looked inside and said thanks but I've got everything I need already and handed it back to her
That old saying that "beggars can't be choosers"  isn't always right then.      ???

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #511 on: May 26, 2016, 04:39:14 pm »
A friend of mine takes him something to eat every lunch time and she has contacted the Social Services a few times to get him the help he needs.   The Social Services were already aware of his plight but nothing appears to have been done yet.
My wife took him a package which included a torch, batteries, chocolate and crisps  and a few more things that she thought that he might need and he took the package, looked inside and said thanks but I've got everything I need already and handed it back to her
That old saying that "beggars can't be choosers"  isn't always right then.      ???
Are the crisps and chocolate still available at all, Hugo?
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Online Hugo

« Reply #512 on: May 26, 2016, 06:04:41 pm »
Waste not, want not  I had the chocs and my wife had the crisps and they tasted very nice indeed!          ;D

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #513 on: May 26, 2016, 10:55:09 pm »
   I suppose i am not really surprised that he said he has everything he needs. The amount of bags,cases,suitcases etc he has around him on the bench, they must be full of something. So, O.K. he is not in desperate need. All the more reason that someone should shift him off his bench and tell him to take his bags with him.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #514 on: May 27, 2016, 10:47:01 am »
Is he homeless? Surely CCBC could provide B&B for him as they can for any other homeless person?

Online Hugo

« Reply #515 on: May 27, 2016, 11:02:20 am »
I can't remember exactly what my friend said about her conversation with the Social Services, but I think that it's not quite straight forward.  But the wheels are not turning quick enough because that conversation was about 2 weeks ago.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #516 on: May 27, 2016, 11:12:37 am »
Yes, he's  been there well over a month, I think?

Online Hugo

« Reply #517 on: May 27, 2016, 02:28:02 pm »
I'm advised that he has already been offered Hostel accommodation by the Social Services so I'm assuming that he has turned that down too.       ???

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #518 on: May 27, 2016, 03:54:20 pm »
We drove past the other day, looks a right mess, how is that allowed?  &shake&
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #519 on: May 27, 2016, 09:35:21 pm »
  if he has been offered some sort of a roof over his head and turned it down, well just tell him to go---and take his stuff with him. The building he is sheltering in belongs to Colwyn council. Therefore presumably the bench is provided by Conwy council for up to 6/8 people to sit on. Not for him to practice getting a suntan on his manly chest. If he won't budge then I am afraid its up to the Police.

Offline wally

« Reply #520 on: June 05, 2016, 04:03:07 pm »
I see the toilets on Rhos promenade opposite the Cayley pub are due to close for 8 weeks from 6th June, for refurbishment. There's no doubt that the work needs doing, but the timing seems strange, at the height of the tourist season. Also,the sign notifying the closure makes no mention of any alternative toilets in the area. Its almost as if the council are doing their best to discourage tourism. Its a shame, when they have just done such a good job of replacing the prom railings.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #521 on: June 05, 2016, 05:30:03 pm »
How ridiculous can this council get? Perhaps they could put some portable loos in the vicinity.......but no they won't have thought of people's needs!

Do you think that they might bring the snowploughs out during August? :o
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #522 on: June 06, 2016, 10:35:59 am »
I see the toilets on Rhos promenade opposite the Cayley pub are due to close for 8 weeks from 6th June, for refurbishment. There's no doubt that the work needs doing, but the timing seems strange, at the height of the tourist season. Also,the sign notifying the closure makes no mention of any alternative toilets in the area. Its almost as if the council are doing their best to discourage tourism. Its a shame, when they have just done such a good job of replacing the prom railings.
Unbelievable timing, who in their right mind would schedule the work in the summer season?!

Offline wally

« Reply #523 on: June 06, 2016, 06:41:26 pm »
I emailed the council this morning and this is their response.

"The work was scheduled to start today at Combermere Gardens and temporary toilets are included in the scope of works (hence the omission of alternatives from the signage), but due to unforeseen circumstances the temporary facilities could not be delivered, therefore the public convenience will remain open until  the temporary facilities arrive on site.
The specification of the temporary facility is yet to be confirmed, however, the contractor has been made aware of the footfall and the facility will be monitored and maintained by Conwy CBC convenience operatives."

This doesnt explain why the work is being done in the holiday season, but at least it appears that there will be alternative facilities

Online Hugo

« Reply #524 on: June 06, 2016, 07:38:58 pm »
At least some form of common sense has prevailed, but  why choose the busy holiday season in the first place.     ???