Author Topic: Everything to do with Rhos On Sea  (Read 327881 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Everything to do with Rhos On Sea
« Reply #465 on: March 20, 2016, 05:14:50 pm »
Robin Jones did a good job of improving the Golf Course and the club house and if the new owners continue with improvements then it could be a good thing for the club and the area in general.
That might not be such a bad thing Hugo,  the house is dilapidated and the golf course is quite poor, any improvement in that area might not be a disaster

Both your comments have cheered me up, I was being very pessimistic, and thinking the worst, we can only hope for the best.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #466 on: March 20, 2016, 05:15:05 pm »
Seaside 18-hole golf club for sale in North Wales with its own HOTEL

Set within 99 acres of parkland, the Rhos-on-Sea Golf Club & Hotel in Llandudno, Wales, comes complete with a two-storey clubhouse with function rooms, a bar and 15 bedrooms.

Read the full story:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3378773/Fancy-buying-late-Christmas-present-18-hole-golf-course-complete-clubhouse-HOTEL-sale-Wales-1m.html

Offline SteveH

« Reply #467 on: March 20, 2016, 05:39:19 pm »
OK I am up for that......anybody interested in the other £949.000..... :D :D :D

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #468 on: March 23, 2016, 02:52:30 pm »
Planning application has been submitted for Odstone to be demolished and replaced by 12 apartments.  &shake&

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #469 on: March 23, 2016, 02:57:18 pm »
C'est la Guerre...
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #470 on: March 23, 2016, 03:45:41 pm »
Planning application has been submitted for Odstone to be demolished and replaced by 12 apartments.  &shake&

A great shame, but putting nostalgia aside, a block of 12 apartments in that area also seems wrong?

Can the ground take this size of building, bearing in mind the old river course?

Offline SteveH

« Reply #471 on: March 28, 2016, 12:07:11 pm »
Safety call for 'congested' road

Colin Shepheard, of Rhos on Sea, said something must be done to prevent cars parking along one side of Marine Road, which runs under the rail line and connects Colwyn Bay promenade to Prince's Drive - after experiencing the congestion problems for himself.

Mr Shepheard, aged 69, said: “A minibus was coming through and didn’t see me. I slipped down the side and he almost hit me.
“It's so dangerous. There’s yellow lines on the side if you're coming up from the prom but nothing on the other side.
"You could put yellow lines down there in one day. I want something done quickly.
“They absolutely fly up that road, plus its full of potholes at the top. It’s only a matter of time until someone gets hurt.”

Mr Shepheard said he has reported the matter to Conwy County Borough Council, as well as Clwyd West MP David Jones.
Mr Jones said: “I’ve spoken with Mr Shepheard and he is quite right. I was driving down there myself just a week ago and I think the problem is, as far as I understand, that they have extended the double yellow lines on Princes Drive so people who parked there have had to move.

“I will be writing to the council about this. I think it does need to be looked at.”

A spokesperson for Conwy County Borough Council environment, roads and facilitiesservice said: “We have received a couple of requests (one from the Town Council) asking that we prohibit parking on both sides of Marine Road, where it runs under the railway and  A55.”

Mr Shepheard added: "I know we're not very well liked on the road, cyclists, but we're not all bad- I just don’t want somebody to get hurt.”

http://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/160240/rhos-on-sea-cyclist-in-safety-call-for-congested-road.aspx

Offline cygnusx-1

« Reply #472 on: March 28, 2016, 01:14:14 pm »
While yellow lines will help......a complete resurface would aid safety at the junction with Princes Drive, the surface has been dug away with people moving off up a hill under acceleration. Driving a mototbilke in the dark would certainly be a test to endure in the wet!

Offline Hugo

« Reply #473 on: March 28, 2016, 02:21:45 pm »
That section of the road is dangerous with so many cars parking there now.    It's very difficult to see anything coming the other way as Mr Shepheard found out to his cost.
With more and more people parking there it's time that parking of any sort is stopped.  Double yellow lines with single or double yellow lines on the kerb should be introduced as soon as possible before a serious accident occurs. 

Offline Daihardwelshman

« Reply #474 on: March 31, 2016, 08:51:36 am »
Looks like work has started on Geordies again to turn it into a Co-op, workman have have fenced all around and big skips have arrived.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #475 on: April 07, 2016, 12:42:29 pm »
Calls for action over Rhos on Sea accident blackspot
Rebecca Nicholson, owner of First Steps nursery on Llandudno Road, said something must be done to slow drivers down after the second car in six weeks collided with the nursery wall in Brompton Avenue on March 29.

On Monday she was visited by Conwy County Council’s traffic and network manager to discuss her concerns.
Ms Nicholson, who has two sons aged five and 17, said: “"He said he is going to look at what he can do to make it safer on the bend.
"It's got to be something that physically slows people down. Something has got to be done - there’s something wrong with that part of the road.
“I’ve got to safeguard everyone in this business, when the car hit last time it was right where we park the nursery car on the other side.

David Jones, MP for Clwyd West, also visited the site.
He said: “It’s quite worrying, there have been two quite serious accidents in the last six weeks, and it has been cars coming down the hill from Llandudno.
“There are two issues here - the state of the road and the issue of pedestrian crossing.
“I have asked the council to look at all the issues.”

A spokesperson for Conwy County Borough Council said: “The council’s primary focus is to identify locations where there have been multiple accidents and casualties; bids can then be made for Welsh Government funding for improvements.
http://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/160648/calls-for-action-over-rhos-on-sea-accident-blackspot.aspx

Offline Hugo

« Reply #476 on: April 07, 2016, 01:06:55 pm »
Steve,  I've driven past that spot many times since the last accident and I still can't understand how these accidents are happening under normal driving conditions.
I had been trying to work out which direction they were driving in and couldn't work it out until I read a bit on the accident.
Approaching the traffic lights from Hickory's, you are clearly in a 30mph zone and the white lines in the centre of the road are quite clear.  So how did that driver cross lanes, mount the kerb and then hit the wall?
Bad driving is obviously the cause of the accident but if there are no signs warning of traffic lights before the bend and the downhill stretch then perhaps a warning sign may help.
You'll always get speeding drivers and bad drivers so there isn't an obvious solution to it.     Colwyn Road in  Craigside Llandudno also has a problem with drivers hitting the stone walls but it's not the road that is the problem it's just bad drivers.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #477 on: April 07, 2016, 01:50:55 pm »
Steve,  I've driven past that spot many times since the last accident and I still can't understand how these accidents are happening under normal driving conditions.
I had been trying to work out which direction they were driving in and couldn't work it out until I read a bit on the accident.
" it's not the road that is the problem it's just bad drivers."

I have to agree, ...... We will see if the council does anything.      *snore*

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #478 on: April 07, 2016, 06:03:36 pm »
 Going back a few posts, back to the rhos golf club being for sale for just under a million.
Anyone remember or see a t v programme around 15 years ago or maybe longer entitled Welsh millionaires or maybe north wales Welsh millionaires.
  I watched it. Mainly because Robin Jones was featured, and I have known Robin for a good few years back in the road haulage days. Suffice to say ---- say no more. A man once met never forgotten.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #479 on: April 07, 2016, 06:24:39 pm »
In Ohio ( America ) they used to have accidents approaching traffic light so about 100/200 yards from the light they put lights that flashed to warn of light going to change ,traffic slowed result no more accidents ,I know a small difference.