Author Topic: Everything to do with Rhos On Sea  (Read 325268 times)

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
Re: Everything to do with Rhos On Sea
« Reply #420 on: June 26, 2015, 12:06:03 pm »
Is there anything that isn't becoming a tapas bar these days?  :o

I'm scared to leave my house in the morning in case that turns into a tapas bar whilst I'm gone!

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #421 on: June 26, 2015, 12:26:52 pm »
Is there anything that isn't becoming a tapas bar these days?  :o

I'm scared to leave my house in the morning in case that turns into a tapas bar whilst I'm gone!

If it does, I will only give it a try if it bans hoodies, trainers, prams etc.... and Celtic fans.  :laugh:
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #422 on: June 26, 2015, 12:33:56 pm »
You're forgetting the poor Doggys that also get banned under Basil's regime at the snooze  L0L

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #423 on: June 26, 2015, 12:42:25 pm »
You're forgetting the poor Doggys that also get banned under Basil's regime at the snooze  L0L

... and rightly so!   I don't want slavering mutts around me when dining out either.

People on here moan when there are not enough 'quality establishments', but then complain again when a policy is brought in to ensure that a pleasant customer experience is assured.
The Snooze Bar is the ONLY place which was relatively full when I went around the bars last night.  They seem to have hit on the right policy.
The people on the list are most welcome to frequent The Carlton, Town House etc...   Whats the problem?
Fester...

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #424 on: June 26, 2015, 01:37:25 pm »

... and rightly so!   I don't want slavering mutts around me when dining out either.

People on here moan when there are not enough 'quality establishments', but then complain again when a policy is brought in to ensure that a pleasant customer experience is assured.
The Snooze Bar is the ONLY place which was relatively full when I went around the bars last night.  They seem to have hit on the right policy.
The people on the list are most welcome to frequent The Carlton, Town House etc...   Whats the problem?

'relatively' full wannabe snobs no doubt! The policy does not 'ensure' any kind of pleasant customer experience at all, it purely and simply discriminates
Those pleasant chaps at the Bullingdon club were always smartly kitted out and loved fine dining, also loved to smash up restaurants to.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/oxford-university-bullingdon-club-wed-4305702

Anyway this is not really about Rhos on Sea, so we better stop before we send the admin into a screaming fit  L0L

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #425 on: June 26, 2015, 02:07:23 pm »
B2R, I suggest that you go into The Snooze one evening......  then from there go to The Carlton or Townhouse.

Only then will you understand the meaning of a difference in atmosphere and ambiance.

You know me well, do I strike you as a 'wannabe snob'?
I am equally at home in any of those environments, but sometimes you just need to aspire to something a little better than the bargain basement pubs.

Fester...

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #426 on: June 26, 2015, 02:19:50 pm »
B2R, I suggest that you go into The Snooze one evening......  then from there go to The Carlton or Townhouse.

Only then will you understand the meaning of a difference in atmosphere and ambiance.

You know me well, do I strike you as a 'wannabe snob'?
I am equally at home in any of those environments, but sometimes you just need to aspire to something a little better than the bargain basement pubs.

I enjoy the Castle in Conwy, it's a lovely place, great food and cracking Belguim beer (at over £4 a pint might I add  Z**)
So I'm not averse to a classy establishment. But it's interesting they, and EVERY other place pretty much in the country I can think of don't feel the need for a silly sign outside.

Snooze bar - Snooty bar more like _))* ZXZ

You're not a wannabe snob Fester but here is an example of one of the wannabe snobs i found on TA

'Called in here for lunch the other day. They know what type of customers they want and clearly state it on the board outside. No chavs, beach wear, dogs or buggies. Brilliant! '

'I just hope Llandudno is ready for a bar like Snooze'

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #427 on: July 02, 2015, 04:39:09 pm »
Motorists have lucky escape in Rhos on Sea accident

Four people had a lucky escape when this red car rolled down an embankment and overturned.

The Peugeot 207 left the road after colliding with a parked car on Marine Drive in Rhos on Sea at about 8.30pm last night, but a man and a woman got out of the car virtually unscathed.
Witness Jonny Williams, 42, and his friend Paul Joinson had been standing and chatting behind Paul’s silver Mazda, and had to jump out of the way.

Jonny, a professional photographer, said: “We were standing at the back of Paul’s silver Mazda and planning to photograph some lightning. We were umming and ahing about where to go.
“Suddenly, Paul grabbed me and pulled me away from the back of his car.

“This car went straight into the back of his and flipped over.”

MORE and PHOTOS...http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/motorists-lucky-escape-rhos-sea-9574517

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #428 on: July 02, 2015, 05:04:45 pm »
Motorists have lucky escape in Rhos on Sea accident

Four people had a lucky escape when this red car rolled down an embankment and overturned..”

MORE and PHOTOS...http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/motorists-lucky-escape-rhos-sea-9574517

Jonny Williams? Isn't that Hugo's mate, Tellytubby?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 08:23:27 am by Ian »
Valar Morghulis

Offline cygnusx-1

« Reply #429 on: July 02, 2015, 05:34:30 pm »
Going uphill a bit quick?......took some skill to roll a car at no more than 30mph......thank goodness nobody was walking there. A black spot has been established in view of the destruction to the building at that spot(going the other way......some time ago).

A speed camera is required there in stead of at the open road at the Cayley Embankment or the Golf Club not more than 30 seconds away.....discuss!

Offline SteveH

« Reply #430 on: July 27, 2015, 12:04:53 pm »
Rhos-on-Sea Co-operative store opening to be delayed

Food group Co-operative have had to re-submit plans to demolish a petrol garage in Rhos-on-Sea - with the opening date for a new supermarket now expected to be pushed back.
Work to remove the garage facilities started earlier this year at the Llandudno Road Texaco garage and convenience store known locally as 'Geordie’s Garage'.
But it was then discovered that the demolition permission - secured by the site vendor - did not cover all the facilities and a retrospective application has now had to be submitted.

Co-op have also submitted a fresh application to secure the change of use for the flat above the old Spar shop.
They had originally hoped to open the new £750,000 store in late summer but this date has now been put back to the autumn.
A spokesman said: "Planning has been approved for a rear extension and removal of the pump island.

"Plans for the removal of one pump island only were submitted by the vendor so retrospective planning was required to ensure that the re-development of the site meets with all planning requirements. In addition, the flat, also required a change of use application.

"Decommissioning a petrol filling station needs to be undertaken safety and correctly, structural engineers are on site, work is progressing, and we expect to see more of the physical work start as we approach mid-August.
"This is a large project and so we are continuing to liaise and work with Conwy Borough Council to ensure that the development meets with all planning regulations and requirements.
"It is hoped that the new-look store will serve the community from this Autumn."

A Conwy council spokeswoman said: "A retrospective planning application for the demolition of the petrol station canopy and alterations to the shop unit is currently being assessed.
"We will consider and review the situation following the outcome of this application."

Talking about coming to the site, a spokesman for the Co-op had previously said: “It’s a good site for us and it will be an investment of around £750,000 to develop a convenience store with a sales area of approximately 2,500 sq ft.
“Extending the existing store on the site, four new jobs are expected to be created at the store."
The garage’s closure means the loss of the only fuel station in Rhos on Sea with drivers now having to travel to Llandudno or Colwyn Bay...........REF DP.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #431 on: July 27, 2015, 12:14:25 pm »
I wondered why it had gone quiet there! It has all been tarmaced now, not a very good job either, they have mostly just covered over the old block paving, I can't see it lasting too long!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #432 on: July 27, 2015, 08:35:38 pm »
Quote "drivers having to travel to c b or llandudno for fuel" What about the Gulf at the bottom of the hill in Penrhyn Bay?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #433 on: July 28, 2015, 08:53:06 am »
Quote "drivers having to travel to c b or llandudno for fuel" What about the Gulf at the bottom of the hill in Penrhyn Bay?
One of the few petrol stations still offering attendant service!  $good$

Offline SteveH

« Reply #434 on: August 03, 2015, 06:37:15 pm »
DOLPHIN: The coastguard say they were called to reports of a beached dolphin near the harbour at Rhos on Sea about an hour ago. By the time they got there, it had been put back in the water.

The coastugard say they expect it to beach itself again soon as it may have the smell of humans on it and could be rejected by its mum.
REFDP