Author Topic: Everything to do with Rhos On Sea  (Read 324767 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: Everything to do with Rhos On Sea
« Reply #210 on: February 04, 2012, 12:59:03 pm »
Does this mean that the 20-odd applications they had from private businesses to re-invigorate and invest in Rhos Point have all been ignored?  Or perhaps considered and dismissed?

I wonder if the restaurant, cafe etc... will be available for concession?  Or some other kind of private enterprise?

I'm not keen on the council running restaurants and the like.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #211 on: March 14, 2012, 08:33:08 am »
Rhos Point Community Consultation

Conwy County Borough Council is asking residents and businesses around Rhos on Sea to give their ideas and opinions to help develop a vision for the future of Rhos Point.

The existing Rhos Point buildings are in a poor state and the site will require some form of redevelopment plan for the future. This may provide an opportunity to include other sites, such as the park, and develop a more inclusive project.

Please take a look at the information and complete the feedback form with your ideas.
http://www.conwy.gov.uk/doc.asp?cat=143&doc=30946&Language=1

Return the form by email to property.development2@conwy.gov.uk before 25 April.

A drop-in event will be taking place on Wednesday, 14 March from 8.30am until 7.30pm in the old flower shop next door to the Fortes café for people to meet staff and view ideas for the area.

For more information email: property.development2@conwy.gov.uk or call 01492 574522.

The bit not mentioned is that CCBC have no funding whatsoever to carry out any of this work and so the whole consultation exercise is essentially pointless...

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #212 on: March 14, 2012, 08:42:52 am »
But those CCBC staff involved will get paid nevertheless.... a waste of time and money.   &shake& &shake&

I believe that Rhos Point should be developed by private businesses and investors, under the watchful eye of CCBC planning dept to ensure no ridiculous or incongruous schemes.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #213 on: March 14, 2012, 10:50:21 am »
Plenty of people'dropping in' as we passed this morning.
Group of people taking photos by the sea fencing, ignoring passers by having to walk in the road.  I shall refrain to comment about bad manners.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #214 on: April 14, 2012, 08:08:09 pm »
As we drove up towards the A55 today we passed the Llandrillo Parish Church and I noticed that the flag flying on the tower seemed to be The Blue Ensign (Blue with a Union Jack in the top corner near the flag pole) but I can't find out why. Can anyone tell me why it was flying that flag. 

Offline Jack

« Reply #215 on: April 14, 2012, 08:22:27 pm »
As we drove up towards the A55 today we passed the Llandrillo Parish Church and I noticed that the flag flying on the tower seemed to be The Blue Ensign (Blue with a Union Jack in the top corner near the flag pole) but I can't find out why. Can anyone tell me why it was flying that flag.

Just a guess but is it something to do with the Titanic?  Did Harold Lowe not have a connection with the church in Rhos?

Offline Jack

« Reply #216 on: April 14, 2012, 08:23:44 pm »
In fact he seems to be buried in the graveyard there!

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #217 on: April 15, 2012, 07:37:23 am »
Thanks Jack. That makes sense now.  I've also found this on the internet re Titanic's connection with the Blue Ensign.http://www.nava.org/Flag%20Information/articles/Titantic/titanic.htm

Offline Hugo

« Reply #218 on: April 29, 2012, 05:40:45 pm »
The weather has been horrendous today and I've stayed indoors all day.  I can see all the promenade from the room and the white waves are still pounding the prom.  It's a good job they built that breakwater when they did or otherwise Rhos would definitely have flooded today.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #219 on: August 23, 2012, 10:26:27 am »
Report on the options for redevelopment of Rhos Point. I notice someone put forward the idea of rebuilding Rhos Pier!!  :laugh:

http://modgoveng.conwy.gov.uk/Published/C00000452/M00003324/AI00035316/$RhosPointConsultationReport.doc.pdf

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #220 on: August 23, 2012, 12:27:17 pm »
It won't let me see it, access denied?
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #221 on: August 23, 2012, 12:53:00 pm »
Same here !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #222 on: August 23, 2012, 01:19:53 pm »

Offline Hugo

« Reply #223 on: August 30, 2012, 06:09:31 pm »
It seems like a large crack has appeared in the main road by Llandrillo Technical College and traffic has been diverted in both directions

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #224 on: August 30, 2012, 07:16:59 pm »
It seems like a large crack has appeared in the main road by Llandrillo Technical College and traffic has been diverted in both directions
I wondered what was going on. I noticed that a drain had also collapsed just outside Villa Marina at Craigside and emergency repairs are being carried out.