Author Topic: Pensarn Farm Llangystenin Conwy  (Read 123943 times)

Offline anneelaine

Re: Pensarn Farm Llangystenin Conwy
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2013, 12:59:55 am »
Hi
 Hugo
This may sound mad but i just put in black cat garage  map and it went on to a map on the
B587 and there was a tree I had a photo took when I was young age 15 could not believe it, went right up the road and the was the caravan park I felt i new that  farm house also i think i have sat outside the front door with a sheep with a broken back when very young
 so i went and  looked  a round  down the lane and saw a white house over looking the road could this be the house my aunt  was on about.the Davies house .
Would the farm be up that lane. pensarn farm
Anneelaine

Offline anneelaine

« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2013, 01:20:56 am »
Been thinking  Marl Farm I know this farm.
 Mrs Davies  said  she did not know anything about the Rogerson as my grandmother Jane Ann Davies was cast out of the family I've  a funny feeling about it all
sounds mad I know i would think that all farms look a like around there
Anneelaine

Offline anneelaine

« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2013, 02:34:08 am »
Hugo
The 1891 census Marl Farm,  or the cottages Do you think that marl farm was the farm we were taken to
I have a  feeling about the place my sister told me my Dad had  said  it was his  cousin's farm one of the   Davies
so maybe we were not taken to pensarn farm I am so lost now
but mrs Davies said she did not know anythink did not know about a Jane ann
Anneelaine

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2013, 10:57:26 am »
Anneelaine,   over the years our memory does play tricks with us so don't worry we are all in the same boat.    There are different things to look at such as:-
Census records but they are only up to 1911
Elector Registers which are up to date but only give information on people living at that address that are eligible to vote.
Old Maps of the area.

With what you have said about Jane Ann Davies being cast out of the family makes me wonder if she was pregnant and not married as things like that happened years ago.  There are ways of checking these things like Baptism and Marriage records but I've a few things on this week and don't know when I can get to the Archives but I'll go there as soon as I can.

Offline anneelaine

« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2013, 02:11:21 pm »
Hi Hugo Yes she was Pregnant there is a story but do not want to put it on the page anyway is there any  way i can P.m you and tell you the story
Anneelaine

Offline anneelaine

« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2013, 03:58:39 pm »
Hello just found out from my aunt age 90 years old  it took a long time
 she said she says that Pensarn farm was in llandudno Junction   it's gone now she saild
 As far as she knows the farm belonged to her father William bell Rogerson so it must have been about 1925 to about 1928 that she lived there
But the boys from the Rogerson family still worked and lived on the farm  at the time
Apart from Jane Ann  and William Bell   who moved out
 Jane  Ann stayed around there the younger children were put into a home do not no were but would say it would have been in the junction
 But William Bell moved to Liverpool.
Anneelaine

Offline viv

« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2013, 09:57:07 pm »
The children's home in the Junction would have been Plas Blodwel, Broad Street opposite Maelgwn School (infants and juniors). After the home closed it became an an old peoples' home, then North Wales Housing Association took it over as their Head Office which is where I work!! Occasionally we have visits from people who used to live there as children and have happy memories of the place. It is a listed building so they have a walk through and remember the good old days! Unfortunately we have no records of the days gonee by, but they will be held in Conwy County Council archives.

Offline anneelaine

« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2013, 10:47:02 pm »
Thank you hopefully we go and see a few things in the next few weeks
Anneelaine

Offline Hugo

« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2013, 03:09:35 pm »
The area of Pensarn is in Llandudno Junction and was in the Parish of Llangystenin then, so we are all talking about the same place.   A lot of the farms around this area were tenanted farms and usually owned by one of the bigger landowners in the area and I would imagine that the Rogerson's were tenant farmers.
I'll see what information if any I can find and will post anything here.    If I want any more info from you Anneelaine I'll ask for it again but please don't post any contact details on the forum though.

Offline anneelaine

« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2013, 10:14:30 pm »
Ok Thank you
Anneelaine

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2013, 04:20:57 pm »
There's information on Blodwell Home in Chris Draper's book on Conwy Workhouse.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2013, 07:54:48 pm »
The first two photos are of Marl Farm taken today, the other two were taken from where I think Pen Sarn was.     If you have a think back to 1968, this view wouldn't have changed much as the road bridge over the railway is still there as well as the terrace of cottages.

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2013, 10:21:55 pm »
 Another farm to add to the list is a Penrhos farm listed in 1929 on Conwy Road at the Junction with Glyn Marl road. Householder is named as Mrs Roberts farmer.
There is a J.R.Davies Farmer at Bryn Derw Segyrunside

Offline viv

« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2013, 11:17:23 pm »
There's information on Blodwell Home in Chris Draper's book on Conwy Workhouse.

Thanks for that - will look it up!

Offline anneelaine

« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2013, 12:09:40 am »
Hugo Thanks so much for photo's
Right been speaking to my sister and we think maybe it was not Pensarn farm we went to that day it could have gone by 1968  as we were walking for ever up a lane at L. J
She says Dad told her it was a cousin farm
 So I phoned up a cousin in Australia like us he knows bits he said there were Two family farms one up the mountain  The one at the Top He thinks was a Jones farm or Davies
 But saying That we were told my my Aunt age about 99 years old that here comes the Rogerson from the Top farm she did not know who we were but new we were Rogersons
 and one at the bottom  been Pensarnr Farm was the Rogerson Farm so was told to night again
 Maybe we have family still at the top  farm!!That would be so good its so mixed up
Again thank you so much for photos
Anneelaine