Author Topic: Pensarn Farm Llangystenin Conwy  (Read 123862 times)

Offline anneelaine

Re: Pensarn Farm Llangystenin Conwy
« Reply #360 on: October 28, 2018, 11:35:27 pm »
hugo,
Just looking his on BC and saying May 1918 Pensarn farm Llangystenin George Rogerson
 Baptism record  would be good
  As I think my great grandfather worked in the church sometimes as rev so I was told
also  my dads  farther William bell Rogerson in 1911  he was a farmer on Pensarn farm  with is  Ist wife after her death in 1917 he married Jane Anne Davies 1918 still on farm but do not know what he did on it
something went on around I would say 1926 and Mary Rogerson 1st wife kids went to mary Rogerson nee Roberts family in Abergele, and Jane Anne Rogerson nee Davies,  kids went into a home not far from farm
I know a lot of bits I should have a large family around but something went on again no one spoke about
Its the names I have to go on not helping Jones Davies Hughes  lol
 Rogerson name only came into wales in 1874  WBR the 1st married a  Mary Jones from  Dongefine, [Llangefni, Anglesey, Wale
well thats it when I move to LLandudno I think  the library  will be busy with me in it a lot of the time  ;D
Anneelaine

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #361 on: October 29, 2018, 10:43:23 am »
Thanks Anneelaine for posting that info.   As well as the Library, the Conwy Archives have lots of records that may help you in your search when you come to live in Llandudno.
With regard to your father George Rogerson then the farm he was born in was the one in Llandudno Junction that has now been demolished.
You mention the children of Jane Anne Rogerson going into a home locally and I would imagine that home was Blodwel Home which was a childrens home in Llandudno Junction ( near the railway station)

Obviously I have no idea of any other farm that your family had connections with but I assume that one must have been Marle Bach because of that Court case involving Mary Ann Rogerson and John Davies who were both said to be living at Marle Bach and that was on 26th May 1902

That information was from the Conwy Archives online catalogue.     Now this is just speculation on my part with no evidence to support it but as your father was called George Rogerson with an Irish connection there was also a family called Rogerson who ran the Mill in Gyffin Conwy
Another article in the online catalogue was from Mrs Connie Bannister nee Rogerson who said that her parents had bought the mill in 1920 and that her brother George Rogerson continued to work the mill until he sold it in 1947

I was just wondering whether George Rogerson from Gyffin was William Bell Rogerson's brother and that your father was named after his uncle.
Just something more to add to your list and to think about.    Rogerson is certainly not a common name around this area and Connie Rogerson I would presume to be of an Irish connection

Offline anneelaine

« Reply #362 on: October 29, 2018, 01:32:51 pm »
Hugo thank you,
George Rogerson from Gyffin was William Bell Rogerson's brother  I would say no  as far as I know Only had a brother called Roger  who moved to Liverpool maybe a cousin.
But WBR the 1st  born Dublin had a son called George Rogerson born in Liverpool  this was with his first wife the rest of the family born in Dublin
so  lots to do thank you Hugo
Anneelaine
 Hugo,
 Just took  a bit of a look and dates look OK for George  Rogerson   from the mill   see what I can find

Offline rhuddlan

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #363 on: October 29, 2018, 05:08:34 pm »

I've Just put William Bell Rogerson in Family Search using Bangor as the" residence"(which in this case transpires as registration district)" (although I guess the actual address is on Anglesey) and came up with this guy. To what extent it helps I've no idea, but I thought I should post it anyway...you never know it could be useful. There seem to be several generations with" Bell Rogerson" including one from Newry in Ireland earlier in time on the site referred to above .

Name:   William Bell Rogerson
Event Type:   Death
Registration Quarter:   Apr-May-Jun
Registration Year:   1877
Registration District:   Bangor
County:   Caernarvonshire
Event Place:   Bangor, Caernarvonshire, Wales
Birth Year (Estimated):   1798
Volume:   11B
Page:   405
Affiliate Line Number:   312

Offline anneelaine

« Reply #364 on: October 29, 2018, 05:35:19 pm »
Spot on .about WBR Bangor born 1877
His farther was born 1798 lol in Dublin
and  he went into northern Ireland a lot
 I had forgot about that
Thanks for that

Offline anneelaine

« Reply #365 on: October 29, 2018, 05:57:32 pm »
HUGO,
You may have got something here HUGO  G T Rogerson who you told me about
 the miller  was also a corn merchant, Gyffin Mill, Conway

WBR The 1st was a Merchant most of the family also was
 He lost all his money in London & Dublin went bankrupt in I think 1864,
Anneelaine

Offline Hugo

« Reply #366 on: October 29, 2018, 07:18:19 pm »
According to a free BMD record there was a George Rogerson born 1918 and the birth was registered in the June quarter   Vol 11B  PG 728
Mother's maiden name Davies so that must have been your father.    There was no other George Rogerson on the records. 

Offline anneelaine

« Reply #367 on: October 29, 2018, 07:37:19 pm »
That's my  lovely Dad Hugo.
I cannot get my head around How someone can be so rich & live in  St George Hanover Square London
and I cannot find his grave in Bangor because he is a a paupers grave in 1877 my gt grandfather I am on about that messes with my head
Anneelaine

Offline rhuddlan

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #368 on: October 29, 2018, 08:00:15 pm »
I've double checked my earlier posting today by checking with Freebmd.
I don't know if its your ancestor or not but it seems unusual that there is a chap with an identical family name whose death was registered in Bangor as follows.
Did you get the death certificate I wonder? It would give more details obviously.

Surname    First name(s)    Age    District    Vol    Page
Deaths Jun 1877   (>99%)
Rogerson    William Bell    79    Bangor    11b   405

Offline anneelaine

« Reply #369 on: October 29, 2018, 08:14:00 pm »
No that's him
no one knows about any grave for him with it been a paupers grave  (I think ) so no headstone
so do not know where been put.
 Thinking could his wife be in the same grave but she did not pass till around 1922 that was in Bangor Mary Rogerson her grave could be anywhere in Bangor.
AE

Offline Hugo

« Reply #370 on: October 29, 2018, 10:57:39 pm »
Anneelaine,  I have just been reading the Roots Chat website and you have posted there that you believe that William Bell Rogerson was buried in Coetmor Cemetery Bethesda, possibly in an unmarked grave.
Now you have mentioned that the grave could be in Bangor.

I was looking for a grave in Bangor a few years ago so I contacted the Bangor Crematorium and they were very helpful and not only gave me the grave number they gave me a map showing the location of the grave.
It might be worth a try if you phone the Crem on 01248 370500  or e-mail   galwgwynedd@gwynedd.llyw.cymru

Offline anneelaine

« Reply #371 on: October 30, 2018, 12:06:55 am »
Yes when I phoned up got told he was in Bangor but did not where
I always was told he was in Bethesda I know he death was in Bethesda But then told not
I will ring Bangor up today thanks Hugo
Anneelaine

Offline anneelaine

« Reply #372 on: October 30, 2018, 12:43:00 am »
Sending you this Hugo

Anneelaine

Offline anneelaine

« Reply #373 on: October 30, 2018, 12:47:17 am »
Mmmmm I can see now Bethesda is where  he was living in the town not buried .
Anneelaine

Offline Hugo

« Reply #374 on: October 30, 2018, 09:16:21 am »
Anneelaine,   sorry to throw a spanner in the works again but I think that you might be looking in the wrong place.
That burial register you have posted is for Anglesey and I'm guessing that Bethesda was the name of the house and not the town but of course I could be wrong
Llangwyllog is a small village a few miles from Llangefni in Anglesey