The Local > Genealogy & Research

Pensarn Farm Llangystenin Conwy

(1/83) > >>

anneelaine:
Hi Anyone know about the Rogerson from Pensarn farm from about 1906 or there  about  llangystenin William Bell Rogerson.
Who had the farm in around 1968?  I know we went there in 1968 but was told it was my dad cousins farm but looking it up it looks like my dads brother its all mixed up  any help please
Anyone know any think about the Rogerson from llangstenin
Thanks Anneelaine

anneelaine:
HI Just been told today that the Davies had a few farms one was pensarn  farm a round Llangystenin Anne Jane Davies married William Bell Rogerson 1917.after this her family would have nothing to do with her at all,
her family had a big  white house I think they said by the black cat   I think this was a pub as the road went up the hill to llangystenin on the way to pensarn farm
Her sister Elizabeth Lewis nee Davies lived in the church cottage in conway
any help please Anneelaine

anneelaine:
Hello i am getting more mixed up just found the davies in Trwfriw  @  rectory cottage :roll: do not know what's going on

suepp:
Hi, There is only one Rogerson listed in the 1929 directory, G.T. Rogerson Corn Miller and Grocer, Mill Stores, Gyffin Road Conwy.
In the 1969 Directory there are several Davieses listed as Farmers,but no listing for Pensarn Farm. I will have another look through the Street listings in each.

Cambrian:
This is a bit of a puzzle.  A "big white house" near Black Cat roundabout could possibly be Bryn Eisteddfod. but it was never a pub and the road it is on does not lead to Llangwstennin (in the uphill direction) also it is in the old parish of Llansantffraid Glan Conway (now community of Llansanffraid Glan Conwy).

There is the old family of Davies at Marl Farm, possibly there is some connection ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version