Author Topic: Questions about people  (Read 50763 times)

Offline Dwyforite

Re: Richard Sutton
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2012, 01:37:12 pm »
Richard Sutton/sooty lives on the estate at the back of the links on conway road,if you approach from deganwy side and turn left onto the estate from conway road,he lives in the second or third house on the left. i believe Richy is the designated historian for this site

Offline Nigel H

« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2012, 07:46:12 pm »
Many thanks for the information.
I will follow up the mini car club and see if anyone knows him.
I'm afraid I live in Devon, so it will be a bit difficult to pop round to Conway Rd! So if anyone is going that way could you see if he lives where Dwyforite says?
I've spent the last 6 months rebuilding the Cooper S and recon I have another 4 months to go.
Richard Sutton bought the car on 1/8/1969 then sold it to Stella? Anne Morris of Conway Rd Llandudno in the early '70s. She then sold it to David Jones of Mill Drive Colwyn Bay on the 1/2/1977. The car then moved in 1980 to Rhosneigr.
Any way many thanks again for the leads.
Regards
Nigel

Offline Karen and Derek

« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2012, 08:40:00 pm »
Richard Sutton/sooty lives on the estate at the back of the links on conway road,if you approach from deganwy side and turn left onto the estate from conway road,he lives in the second or third house on the left. i believe Richy is the designated historian for this site

Lon Gwalia. That's where I grew up.

Karen.

Offline Nigel H

« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2012, 08:34:22 am »
Many thanks to you all. Richard has been in touch!
He was the owner of the mini, which is great. He is sending me information regarding its history.
Again thank you.
Kind regards
Nigel

Offline Debbie

Lady Agnes 1896
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2012, 02:03:00 pm »
Hi,

Would anyone have an image of The Lady Agnes 1896 I could use as part of the summer maritime exhibition at Llandudno Museum please?

Or know where there might be one?

Full credit will be given.

Thanks,

Debbie       

Offline llandudnotrust

• Management board member
Re: Questions about people
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2012, 01:16:28 pm »
Anyone got a cotact number for the "Sick Bath Man" he repairs sinks and baths ??

Many thanks

Offline masseycheryl

Re: Welcome!
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2013, 05:05:56 pm »
Hi I am new.
I am wondering if anyone has some old photos of dyffryn road school pupils during the early 1940,s
My mum lived in kings road llandudno and she has no childhood photos her name is Laura Massey nee Thomas . I would be great full if anyone remembers her and has any photo,s as she now has dementia so doesn't remember what happened 5 mins ago but remembers her childhood clearly. I would really like to be able to show her some photos as I now she would enjoy a good chat about who she knew .
Any Info would be great.
Cheryl

Offline Bri Roberts

Re: Re: Welcome!
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2013, 07:37:34 pm »
Welcome Cheryl.

I am sorry to hear about your Mum.

This photo is not quite 1940 but Mum may recognise some of the boys who were born around that year.

Offline masseycheryl

« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2013, 09:53:33 pm »
Thanks for the photo I will try and print it off to show her. Màny thanks

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2013, 10:34:23 pm »
Please do.

I have some names to help if Mum is stuck.

Offline Micox

• Ad Free Member
  • zooooooooot
    • family history
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2013, 06:23:59 pm »
 ???Hi Bri.
Tantilising. I know John Holmes, John Pritchard, and one of the Roberts brothers. The rest are also my generation and I recognise some faces and should know them but they have fallen through the holes in my brain! I don't know the strip either.

Can you help pleeeease?

:-X Mike.
Micox

Offline Bri Roberts

Dyffryn Road Football Team 1950-51
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2013, 07:50:30 pm »
Mike, I thought you may have got Archie Kipling and Colin Mullin?

The full team in no particular order is:

John Holmes, John Pritchard, Archie Kipling, Colin Mullin, P Owen, D Brookes, M Jones, J Stockton, E Hughes, J Pritchard and L Henson.

P.S. - That was your first post, Mike, for six months. Have you been poorly?

Offline Micox

• Ad Free Member
  • zooooooooot
    • family history
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2013, 05:30:54 pm »
Hi Bri.

Missed Archie because I was looking for Tommy and Woggsy (Collin Mullen) because I would have been looking for Gary. Which dates me as one or two years older than most of those there. I wouldn't have recognised Les although the Henson twins were a regular part of our Kings Road/Dyffryn Road gang. John Holmes was frequently with us although Marie was nearer my age.

A few years ago when we were home on holiday I managed to get into the archives in the old Lloyd Street School. I had a look at the old school registers for my time in Dyffryn Road (and a spell in Lloyd Street). I was amazed and ashamed at how many names I had completely forgotten. I could have spent the whole holiday there! I did promise myself more research there sometime to build a social history of the West Shore Council Houses but so far it's gone the way of many similar promises.

Thanks for your concern but I have been peeking from time to time and generally, I'm fine and have been very busy with voluntary work campaigning for disability rights. I've seen some interesting topics and lovely photos but mainly they're outside my experience.

Mike.   $walesflag$     
Micox

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2013, 07:36:14 pm »
It is good to hear you are keeping well.

Offline dmr

« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2013, 03:55:31 pm »
Does anyone remember Miss Williams who was an infant teacher at Ysgol Morfa Rhianedd in late 1960s or early 1970s? I have very fond memories of her.