Author Topic: Questions about people  (Read 50664 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Chris Draper Local Historian of Penrhyn Bay
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2011, 09:17:28 am »
Chris Draper the author and historian lives in Penrhyn Bay and there is a C Draper from Penrhyn Bay in the phone book.
I can't confirm that this is the same person but you could try phoning that number and find out. 

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2011, 10:20:46 am »
Hugo, that is exactly what I thought but one would have expected pboulton to have first checked the BT phonebook before posting on here.

That is why I think it is C Drayer being sought.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2011, 10:56:59 am »
Perhaps Paul will confirm the correct surname and then we may be able to get the info for him.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2011, 09:24:24 pm »
As this thread is entitled "Chris DRAPER" right from the original post, I think the first poster must have made a typing error---he got it right the first time.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2011, 09:56:26 pm »
As risk of sounding like a football chant...there's only onnnnnne Chris Draper!

Offline joness62

TERRY TAYLOR PHOTOGRAPHER
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2011, 08:14:44 pm »
Hi, Does anyone know how to get in touch with Terry Taylor, he was  a photographer in Craig-y-don
in the late 70's, his shop was on Clarence road if i remember correctly. I'm trying to get a copy of my wedding photo but nobody will do it as Terry has his copyright stamp on the back of them. Hope somebody can help.!!!!!!

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
Re: TERRY TAYLOR PHOTOGRAPHER
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2011, 09:00:52 pm »
Hia Joness62 could you scan the photo?
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2011, 09:13:15 pm »
Hi, Does anyone know how to get in touch with Terry Taylor, he was  a photographer in Craig-y-don
in the late 70's, his shop was on Clarence road if i remember correctly. I'm trying to get a copy of my wedding photo but nobody will do it as Terry has his copyright stamp on the back of them. Hope somebody can help.!!!!!!

The NWWN might do it, they allegedly don't seem to worry about copyright  ;D  (only joking, I would scan it for personal use only)
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline hollins

« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2011, 09:27:36 pm »
I don't know if this is the same one but I did a google search and it came up with,
Terance Taylor 01492 876263   21 Clarence Road
and
Martin Taylor 01492 544302 1 Marine Terrace Penrhyn Bay

(both photographers)

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2011, 10:24:55 pm »
As a last resort, you can always call into the North Wales Badminton Centre in Deganwy one evening to make enquiries as I believe Terry is still involved in that sport as he has been for many decades.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2011, 10:28:12 pm »

The NWWN might do it, they allegedly don't seem to worry about copyright  ;D  (only joking, I would scan it for personal use only)
Indeed. If you paid for the photos, you're entitled to make copies of them for your own use. Why would a wedding photographer wish to retain the copyright anyway, no-one would be interested in them apart from family surely?

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2011, 10:34:28 pm »
I have received information from on high!!  (well, from three doors up the street)

He who knows ALL things and ALL People in Llandudno, says...

Make your way to Molly's Cafe (by The Train Station) at 8am each day, and you will find Terry Taylor!

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline joness62

« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2011, 07:35:29 pm »
Thank you everbody for your reply's, it looks like i'm off to play badminton then to the cafe for breakfast but will try the phone number as well, Thanks again.

Offline Nigel H

Richard Sutton
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2012, 07:51:20 am »
Good Morning,
This is a bit of a long shot!
I am researching the history of a Mini Cooper S. It was first registered in 1969 to a Richard Sutton of Llandudno.
Does anyone know him?
Kind Regards
Nigel

Offline Nemesis

Re: Richard Sutton
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2012, 08:28:52 am »
Hi Nigel,
There used to be a Mini club locally called Welsh Rarebits-- we were members when we still had Classic Minis. There are still Minis in the area with the logo on the windscreen---perhaps you could find a member who knew Richard Sutton through them.  That is if the club is still active.
Good Luck
Nemesis
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.