Author Topic: Bruckshaws  (Read 7403 times)

Offline anneviv

Bruckshaws
« on: March 26, 2013, 06:17:39 pm »
Hi , I have been researching my family tree for some years. If anyone has any interesting info on the Bruckshaw family i would be keen to hear from you  $good$

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
Re: Bruckshaws
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 09:51:24 am »
In which local town or village did they live?

Offline Hugo

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 10:41:15 am »
I'm not completely certain but I think that there was a family in Council Street Llandudno (now renamed Norman Road} called Bruckshaw.
I knew Ann but sadly learned recently that she had died, such a shame as she wasn't that old

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 01:23:12 pm »
                Ann Bruckshaw (who was married to Dougie Bater) died a couple of years ago, and lived in Craig-y Don. She had a younger sister Jean who also sadly died recently who lived in Ffordd Morfa, Llandudno. I think that they both used to work in the Llandudno Electric Laundry at the end of Council Street (now Norman Terrace, as Hugo says) in the 1960's, Jean certainly did.There were also twin sisters one of whom has died and they lived in the flats on Ffordd Penrhyn by Jackson's Court, and I think that the other is now living in Rhyl.
            Also when I was doing my apprenticeship as a motor mechanic in Red Garages from 1962-67 there was a Jim Bruckshaw ( but it could have been spelt "Brookshaw") who worked in the stores there. I think he was involved with the committee of the old R.A.F. Club by the traffic lights. I hope that this helps with your research of your family tree. 
             Good luck!
                                   ££$   $good$

Offline Hugo

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 05:00:13 pm »
Ann did work in the Electric Laundry and she used to follow our Llandudno Youth Centre FC  to the matches.   A lot of the girls around Council Street and the estate worked at the Laundry too.

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 05:11:44 pm »
The father of the ladies referred to was Billy.  He worked for Llandudno Council on the refuse or parks side.  His wife was on the domestic staff at the hospital.  The one who was at Reds was Jim Bruckshaw - I am not sure  if he was related though.

Offline cazza

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 06:23:25 pm »
At one time there were 4 houses in Council Street with Bruckshaw connections.  I lived at No. 10 with my nan, Eliza Bruckshaw. She had lived in that house for over 40 years. My great grandfather lived in Tudno Street. He was an auctioneer in the town

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2013, 07:26:56 pm »
       I've also just remembered that there is also the youngest daughter/sister who married Wil from Llanerchymedd in Ynys Mon, and she has recently moved back to Llandudno from there with Wil and their son to Attlee Close opposite John Bright's School in Llandudno. Val's twin sisters's name that I could not remember in the earlier post was Vera.

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2013, 07:39:51 pm »
          I forgot to include the name of the sister that has recently moved back here from Llanerchymedd in my previous post and she is Elaine.

Offline viv

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2013, 10:57:45 pm »
Their name is Hughes

Offline Millieeccles

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2013, 06:44:56 pm »
 Hi, I am the granddaughter of jean bruckshaw who recently passed away.

Offline anneviv

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2013, 06:12:52 pm »
Thank you all for your replies :D My great grandfather was frederick bruckshaw the auctioneer . Jim I think must have been a cousin of my Mums . I do know that my great grandparents were buried at Lan rhos ( is that the right spelling lol ) the others up on the Orme xx

Offline Millieeccles

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2013, 04:43:41 pm »
My great grandparents were also buried up llan rhos, William and millie bruckshaw

Offline anneviv

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2013, 10:28:34 am »
Who were the children of William and Millie ?

Offline Hugo

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2013, 04:48:25 pm »
I was sorry to read in the NWWN today that Vera Bruckshaw died on April 14th 2013 aged only 60.  She was the sister of Elaine but had three sisters Anne, Jean and Valerie who all also died quite young.  That's really sad to lose so many at such a young age