Author Topic: A Night At The Opera  (Read 1586 times)

DaveR

• Administrator
A Night At The Opera
« on: March 14, 2013, 10:56:10 AM »
Last night, I went to see 'Madam Butterfly' at Venue Cymru. It was a Welsh National Opera production and I have to say that, despite not being the biggest opera fan, it was superb. Good to see it appeared to be completely sold out, too.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

hollins

• Ad Free Member
Re: A Night At The Opera
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 11:47:30 PM »
We saw La Traviata tonight at Venue Cymru which was also well performed by the Welsh National Opera. This time there were many empty seats.

Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 07:57:01 AM »
We saw La Traviata tonight at Venue Cymru which was also well performed by the Welsh National Opera. This time there were many empty seats.

I suspect the Puccini is better known and liked.  Verdi's often seen as a bit heavyweight, although he wasn't.  Wonder if the North Wales Philharmonic Orchestra is ever going to give a performance?  Their website is not encouraging:

"The North Wales Philharmonic Orchestra will give 3 or 4 concerts a year.

The programme for the first concert will be:

Mozart: Overture - The Marriage of Figaro
Beethoven: Symphony No. 1
Beethoven: Symphony No. 5

The provisional date for the first concert is Saturday, 3 November 2012 at a venue to be confirmed.

Please keep checking on this page for more information."
“Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.”   ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 10:43:56 PM »
Not quite Opera, but we went to see Cats tonight at Venue Cymru and what a  show it was - superb! I highly recommend it, it's still on for a few more days if anyone would like to go:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login