Author Topic: Elias Family  (Read 82445 times)

Offline sgbright

Re: Elias Family
« Reply #135 on: June 10, 2013, 09:23:27 pm »
thanks Hugo , much appreciated.  such a young age.  kind regards  stuart

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #136 on: July 14, 2013, 01:11:03 pm »
I drove past Glynllifon on my way to a walk yesterday and I bet the Elias' have some close connection to the place.  If you go to Clynnog on your stay over here it will be worth a visit too.
At the moment we are enjoying a spell of very warm weather so I hope that it continues while you are over here.

Offline sgbright

« Reply #137 on: July 14, 2013, 08:28:50 pm »
Thanks Hugo.  I am sure if nothing else the family members would have visited at some stage given the 3 generations that worked for him as estate managers etc.  Since we last chatted I have learned more of Elias Jones which seems to have been possibly the earlier connection with him.  I see a Wynn in his direct line which could be a family connection.  Good news on the weather .. its winter here now so hoping for at least a little warmth here and there.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #138 on: July 21, 2013, 10:27:09 am »
It was a shame to see this on the news yesterday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-23380663

Offline sgbright

« Reply #139 on: July 22, 2013, 10:25:55 am »
Very sad given the amount of work that had gone into the refurbishment.  Hugo on 2 May you included a pic of the board referring to photographs in a chapel.  Which chapel would that have been.  I am now assembling my detailed list of things to see!

Offline Hugo

« Reply #140 on: July 22, 2013, 03:05:45 pm »
I take it that you mean this photo Stuart.    I don't know the name of the Chapel but it is right in the middle of the village of Rowen, go up the hill past the Ty Gwyn pub and it's about 100 yards further on and is on the right hand side of the street.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #141 on: July 23, 2013, 04:36:09 pm »
I had lunch at the Maenan Abbey today and it was as good as it always is, so I hope that you enjoy your visit there in August.

Offline sgbright

« Reply #142 on: July 24, 2013, 12:47:38 pm »
thanks Hugo for both of the above.  There were not any Elias family members on the walls were there?  I am guessing long cleaned out!  Yes very much looking forward to it.

kind regards

Stuart

Offline Hugo

« Reply #143 on: July 24, 2013, 04:36:16 pm »
I did look but couldn't see anything.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #144 on: August 16, 2013, 10:58:52 am »
Stuart is now in the UK on his long awaited trip to discover more about his ancestors and on Weds and Thursday he was staying at The Gladstone in Penmaenmawr.   We have been e-mailing each other over some months now and I met up with Stuart yesterday afternoon and had a good chat with him over a couple of pints of beer.
He showed me some of the papers he has found and they were very impressive indeed and he has already visited some of the places where his ancestors lived so hopefully it will bring everything together for him.
During his stay he has already made some helpful contacts so there's much more for him to discover and he's promised to post something on the forum about his visit here. 
I hope the rest of the trip goes well for him and will be interested to see what new discoveries he has made.

Offline jane B

« Reply #145 on: August 17, 2013, 10:03:33 am »
Nice to hear that Stuart has made the connections and discoveries about his family. Hugo and Stuart must have a lot to discuss!
I will be in Llandudno myself next week  to meet up with my recently discovered relatives.
Well done to everyone on the Forum that makes these nice things happen!

Jane

Offline Hugo

« Reply #146 on: August 17, 2013, 10:21:45 am »
Your Roberts family story was interesting to follow Jane and had a happy ending too.    I hope that you have a pleasant time in Llandudno next week and trust that you and Emma are both keeping well. 

Offline jane B

« Reply #147 on: August 17, 2013, 01:45:49 pm »
Thanks for that Hugo. We are all well thanks and looking forward to a catch up. Glad you are still keeping well yourself and getting out and about.
Jane

Offline sgbright

« Reply #148 on: August 25, 2013, 08:11:27 pm »
A great holiday combining my family history interests with some great sightseeing.  I visited a number of graves in the Conwy Valley and on Anglesey and also old family homes through the Conwy Valley, Anglesey and Denbignshire.  I learnt a few things but more importantly saw and gained a better appreciation of where and how my ancestors lived.  Thanks to all the great people I met along the way and especially to Hugo who was a great help as I planned the trip.  I still have points to follow up and I will be back ...

Offline jane B

« Reply #149 on: August 27, 2013, 10:21:35 am »
Really glad to hear you had a good trip. There is always one more thing you need to check out I have discovered!!!

Regards,
Jane