Author Topic: Wright Family  (Read 2048 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Wright Family
« on: February 25, 2013, 10:11:50 am »
This was passed to me by a friend this morning. He had had a letter from someone in Canada trying to trace any relations left in the area. Elgin Lodge is now called Abbey Lodge and is in Abbey Road Llandudno.
Below is the excerpt from his E-mail describing the people the lady in Canada are trying to trace.

"She says her late husband Dennis Hunt whose sister and brother in law owned Elgin Lodge and also had a café at the time.    She has some  family photos and wants to pass them on to the Wright’s.

They had a daughter Liz and some grand-children.     Anne Wright had 2 sisters Joon Kay   and  Averil Berry.       She says Joon lived in Llandudno and Averil in Macclesfield.     She thinks Liz the daughter lived either in or near London."

I suggested the forum, as I feel that somewhere Wright's Cafe had been mentioned.
Thanks in advance if anyone has any info.
 I did wonder if Joon was meant to be Joan

Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Hugo

Re: Wright Family
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 10:35:03 am »
If it is Wright's cafe then they did have a son called John and a daughter called Liz.   I saw Liz in Marks many months ago but don't know where she lives now.

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 11:08:21 am »
              Nemesis, Liz Wright is now Liz Williams (married to Mel Williams, ex. Telephone Engineer) and I am pretty sure they live on Maesdu Avenue overlooking the Maesdu Golf Course, but I don't know the exact address. Like Hugo, I spoke to them both recently in Marks too. John Wright is still living locally too, I see him in Asda occasionally and also out on his mountain bike now and again.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 05:47:11 pm »
Gwynant, if it's the Liz and Mel I am thinking of they now live on the Deganwy Quay development.

John used to be an accountant but like yourself he is probably retired now.

Offline Berrybird

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 04:36:26 pm »
I realise some years have passed since this first was posted but I am the Daughter of Avril Berry, Anne Wright's Niece and was wondering if you still have the photo's or have you passed them on to Liz and Mel.

My Mum, Avril is 77 now and rather frail, but it would be lovely to be able to show her some old photos of her family and I can pass them on to the rest of the family.

I do remember my Mum and Auntie Joan went over to Calgary in the 70's to see my Great Uncle.  I think his surname was Broom.

Anyway, please contact me as this has been great for me to find a family member on this site, as the Berry's lost touch with a lot of family as we lived in Macclesfield!

Thank you

Mandy Berry