Author Topic: Funny true stories  (Read 44560 times)

Yorkie

Re: Funny true stories
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2010, 01:27:12 pm »
That happened to me once when I complained about the temperature.  It's an old trick which I already knew about so I got the Maitre D over and told him that I did not want the meal.  He picked up the plate and the row in the kitchen could be heard all over the hotel!   Stupid prank!     >>>

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2010, 04:51:36 pm »
Space Hoppers

I  was laughing the other day remembering the time we bought the youngest (then 3yrs old) a space hopper for xmas.  He came running down the stairs to see what father xmas had brought. He was really excited when he saw the big space Hopper in the corner "ah yes I love them" he shouted and ran over and jumped on the hopper, then bounced up in the air and landed behind the tv. All we could see was two legs waggeling. I couldn't help him for laughing.  L0L L0L
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Yorkie

« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2010, 04:56:49 pm »
Now that could have been worth £250 with "You've been framed"!                                    _))*

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2010, 05:17:42 pm »
Kirby Hoovers

Does any one remember Kirby hoovers. "the rolls royce of vacuming". My dad used to sell them in the 80s.  They did just about everything from washing the carpet to polishing.
They had a tube on them so that if you lost a diamond from your ring or a button for example, instead of being sucked up into the bag with all the dust, the diamond or other small object would instead travel up the tube and hey presto it would be saved  in this little tray at the back.  My dad thought he would demonstrate the hoover in a button factory, after all it was just what they would need...................off he went to the factory.  Explaining to the boss how handy the machine would be to his business my dad threw a load of buttons on the floor and began to hoover them all up.  He said to the boss "now all we do is open the little tray and the buttons.............." as he opened the tray the boss leaned over to witness..... a mound of mangled bits of buttons and dust.  Hence my dad did not get a sale that night  _))*

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Yorkie

« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2010, 05:22:20 pm »
I remember that you could buy a small car for the same price as a Kirby!    Still in business and looking for distributors if anyone is interested.                   L0L

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2010, 05:23:37 pm »
I remember that you could buy a small car for the same price as a Kirby!    Still in business and looking for distributors if anyone is interested.                   L0L
Yeah they were about £600 in the 80s. A refirbished one now will cost £700.

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2010, 05:29:58 pm »
My Kirby is still going strong after 30 years !

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2010, 05:34:30 pm »
My OH works for a soft drinks company. On holiday in Spain he spotted a lady embroidering names onto baseball caps. He fancied getting one with his company name and logo underneath, so he  selected the correct lettering, colours and navy blue cap and wrote down the name of the Company with "soft drinks" underneath. He paid up and arranged to collect it later. On return he discovered she had embroidered "Soft Drunks" by mistake  :laugh:

There again, as I told him at the time "If the cap fits......"

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2010, 05:35:09 pm »
My Kirby is still going strong after 30 years !
Could have been my dad that sold it you you    :D
his name was John *&(

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2010, 05:37:45 pm »
Nah.....not my dad then.

Heavy machines aren't they as I remember it was like trying to push a donkey across the carpet.  :D

Yorkie

« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2010, 05:40:58 pm »
They were very good at pulling plaster off ceilings!     _))*
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 05:49:18 pm by Yorkie »

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2010, 05:41:53 pm »
I know, I can't carry mine upstairs, best cleaner I've ever used but never got round to cleaning my jewellery with it  ;D

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2010, 05:47:29 pm »
I remember my step mother was horrified when she hoovered the beds with it.  :o

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2010, 06:09:45 pm »
Didn't they used to have an office in Colwyn Bay, up by the old Dingle garage on Abergele Road?

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2010, 06:11:22 pm »
Tattoos

Suepp, your tale reminds me of a school friend who was desperate for a tattoo so he did one himself  with  the help of a mirror, he was supposed to write WALES.  To this day he has SALEW on his chest.

A few years ago my Hubbie had HY tattooed on his nether regions. When he's excited it reads

Hello welcome to Wales hope you had a nice holidaY   L0L _))* L0L

(of course it's a joke)