Author Topic: Everything to do with Llandudno Junction  (Read 96222 times)

Offline Trojan

Re: Everything to do with Llandudno Junction
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2011, 10:59:47 pm »
I noticed a "sold" sign on the old Mercedes garage premises tonight. Anyone know what's happening there?

I would say that the premises has been sold Stan.  :-X

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2011, 07:41:41 am »
Maybe someone has bought them.    :D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Trojan

« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2011, 06:17:43 pm »
 L0L

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2011, 05:01:51 pm »
Work is going on at the old "Netto" converting it to Asda. I think it was said it would be closed for about a couple of weeks before opening up under new management and livery.

Although the store is smaller than Tesco, it should be interesting to see what effect as an Asda, it will have on "the every little helps" establishment just over the railway line!

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2011, 09:50:46 am »
"The Welsh Government will consider this week a plan to close some of its 28 offices across the country. The cabinet will be discussing an ‘options paper’ with the aim said to be to ‘reduce occupancy costs’ by 35%.

The government’s spent a lot of money in recent years on new buildings in Llandudno Junction, Aberystwyth and Merthyr Tydfil. My understanding is that the plan would see more work from smaller offices transferred in future to fill empty capacity in those three larger bases."

http://itvwalesblog.com/2011/07/03/welsh-government-office-closure-plan-considered/

The more people that work in the WG building in Llandudno Junction the better, they will all have to live locally and spend their salaries in the area.

Offline BrianP

« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2011, 11:15:56 am »
Class of 83, Hotpoint Machine Shop staff. Picture from my fathers collection, photographer unknown

Offline Quiggs

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2011, 02:08:11 pm »
The guy on the extreme left, with the tie, is ME, next is foreman Harold Dean then Eddie Sutton, quality control. I was a foreman on days and nights for several years in the Machine Shop and also in the Press Shop and assembly lines.   :D
Dictum Meum Pactum

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2011, 07:57:21 pm »
Asda is now open in the Junction.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2011, 11:33:58 pm »

It's open unusually late. It's just gone 11:30pm.  ???

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2011, 08:27:02 pm »

No it's not, it opens on Tuesday apparently.

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2011, 10:52:19 am »
Looks like it's going to be congested trying to into Tesco at busy times for the next four months as the Black Cat service station is now closed. It will apparently be demolished, and redeveloped (as a service station etc) and it is hoped to open again in November.

Yesterday afternoon it was difficult to get to the Tesco store because of the queue for the petrol station!

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2011, 11:23:28 am »
I noticed a "sold" sign on the old Mercedes garage premises tonight. Anyone know what's happening there?
West End Cycles are having the showroom, whilst the rear bit is to be demolished and replaced by housing.

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2011, 01:33:15 pm »
So what happened to that area being supposedly designated for 'commercial purposes' or has the designation changed?

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2011, 08:21:38 pm »
Quite a number of people with impressive camera equipment occupying vantage points in the Junction this evening, trying to get a good picture of a steam train which looked to be heading up to Llandudno itself.

Does anyone have any details?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2011, 08:35:57 pm »
Quite a number of people with impressive camera equipment occupying vantage points in the Junction this evening, trying to get a good picture of a steam train which looked to be heading up to Llandudno itself.

Does anyone have any details?
I heard it chuffing loudly through Colwyn Bay earlier. It is:

Sunday 7 August Steam on the Coast: 'The North Wales Coast Express' Railway Touring Company  Liverpool and Chester to  Colwyn Bay, Llandudno, Bangor and Holyhead. Hauled throughout, by one of 6100 Royal Scot,  6201 Princess Elizabeth, or 60019 Bittern.

http://www.nwrail.org.uk/nwnews.htm