Author Topic: The 3 Towns Coffee centre  (Read 560679 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: The 3 Towns Coffee centre
« Reply #1755 on: August 21, 2016, 10:50:46 pm »
I would go further, NEVER answer a phone of any kind, especially one that is ringing.
Irrespective of whether you are in a car or at home.
You see, I find that 99% of the time, somebody wants to sell me something, borrow something, remind me of something that will cost me money, or deliver some bad news.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1756 on: August 24, 2016, 08:13:21 am »
Just returned from several weeks in Menorca. Anything happened whilst I've been away?

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1757 on: December 14, 2016, 05:15:18 pm »
You know when you're driving, and you let someone pass or pull out, out of courtesy..... well, up where I live you have to do that multiple times a day because the roads are so narrow.
Now that's all fine, but when it's dark, why does the other driver always insist on thanking me... by BLINDING ME!!!!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1758 on: December 15, 2016, 08:34:57 am »
That's primarily down to the stupidity and thoughtlessness of drivers in general. We live high up and along several narrow roads. The only way to navigate these is if all drivers switch their dipped beams off when they encounter another vehicle. Most of the locals do that, but quite a few simply don't consider the effect. But then - the indicator appears to be a piece of technology, along with reverse gear, that's escaped the notice of many drivers in North Wales...

>?>??
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline hollins

• Management board member
« Reply #1759 on: December 24, 2016, 09:29:06 am »
Happy Christmas everyone. Hope you all have a lovely weekend.

VV

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1760 on: December 24, 2016, 11:55:07 am »
Thanks Hollins, great photo ......and I would like to add my best wishes to you and your family and all on the forum.

I*                    MERRY              VV          XMAS         %0%          EVERYONE

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1761 on: December 24, 2016, 12:22:11 pm »
VV VV VV VV VV VV

Merry Christmas to everyone.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1762 on: December 25, 2016, 09:51:13 am »
Merry Christmas everyone.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1763 on: December 28, 2016, 09:47:48 am »
That's primarily down to the stupidity and thoughtlessness of drivers in general. We live high up and along several narrow roads. The only way to navigate these is if all drivers switch their dipped beams off when they encounter another vehicle. Most of the locals do that, but quite a few simply don't consider the effect. But then - the indicator appears to be a piece of technology, along with reverse gear, that's escaped the notice of many drivers in North Wales...

>?>??
Most modern cars have auto headlamps, that dip automatically when they sense another car approaching, I thought? Ours does.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1764 on: December 28, 2016, 10:27:00 am »
And they work fine on level roads. Surprisingly few of those in the hills plus some folk twitch the settings to elevate the beams so they can see further on dipped. Plus, in pitch darkness, even the dipped beams can cause momentary blindness at close range.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1765 on: December 28, 2016, 04:54:09 pm »
My car headlights don't dip automatically when they sense another car approaching and even when they are on a dipped beam, if Tellytubby and Rhuddlan are sitting in the back of my car the headlights would dazzle pilots let alone other car drivers.   

Offline Tellytubby

« Reply #1766 on: December 30, 2016, 01:32:38 pm »
Now now Hugo that's not very nice . We could spread some stories about your problems  :o :'(

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1767 on: December 30, 2016, 02:00:17 pm »
 _))* _))* _))*

Offline hollins

« Reply #1768 on: December 31, 2016, 06:32:00 pm »
Happy New Year!

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1769 on: December 31, 2016, 06:55:59 pm »
That's beautiful Hollins.       Happy New Year to you and Mr H,  hope that you have many happy holidays in 2017 and that you can share them with us.       $good$