Author Topic: The 3 Towns Coffee centre  (Read 558273 times)

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
Re: The 3 Towns Coffee centre
« Reply #1500 on: April 19, 2014, 10:03:18 pm »
 This is a conceited post. However I just cannot keep this to myself.
 This is a Facebook post under the subject "Crosville buses"  It is written in bus drivers language by a writer completely unknown to me by name at least. It was only by chance that I happened to read it.
"Towyn Travel was operated methinks by the one and only Mike Owen, did dups for NX L/P n M/Cs mainly summer time circa late 80's. One could not possibly do anything but like Mike's way of overcoming difficulties merrily. Good on you Mike"
   I reckon I am going to use the phrase "overcoming difficulties merrily" as an advertising slogan

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1501 on: April 20, 2014, 08:03:30 am »
Sounds about right, too :-))))

:) :)
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline hollins

• Management board member
« Reply #1502 on: April 20, 2014, 08:52:20 am »
Great description Mike.

Offline hollins

« Reply #1503 on: April 20, 2014, 08:53:30 am »
Happy Easter everyone!

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1504 on: April 20, 2014, 11:37:42 am »
One could not possibly do anything but like Mike's way of overcoming difficulties merrily. Good on you Mike"
   I reckon I am going to use the phrase "overcoming difficulties merrily" as an advertising slogan

I'll drink to that Mike.       Z**       and good luck for the coming season.     :golf:

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1505 on: April 30, 2014, 09:34:51 pm »
 Had a few golfers around today, one couple in particular took a long time in grasping their way around the course.
  Around fifteen minutes later I was up one of the banks and I heard a shrill whistle and a shout from a distance "Where's the first hole?"  I thought, I don't believe this , looked around everywhere, no sign of anyone but the shout comes again --- -and lots of shrill whistles.
  I looked everywhere but then --- hold on --- a distant figure struggling down the opposite bank about 400 yards away accross the valley.  FESTER.  From his spacious garden

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1506 on: April 30, 2014, 09:48:20 pm »
Sorry Mike... not me,   Not been in the garden today.

I wonder if it might have been Harry, our neighbour and gardener... he was up there strimming at around 3pm today?

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1507 on: May 01, 2014, 11:04:13 pm »
 Oh I'm so sorry Fester I think you are probably right. I know Harry and he has a red jersey similar to this person was wearing, Please accept my apologies. I did wonder how a quiet person like yourself could have such a strong shout

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1508 on: May 02, 2014, 05:21:48 pm »
 And have acquired a Brummie accent :)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1509 on: May 02, 2014, 11:12:10 pm »
And have acquired a Brummie accent :)

Indeed Medz, not to mention.... some hair!   :laugh: :laugh:
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1510 on: May 10, 2014, 09:15:32 pm »
    I am glad to be able to say that today I found out that the Dept of Transport is capable of accepting change and improvements.

For the first time in many a year I saw a new road warning sign. I doubt if it is in the Highway code but Yorkie no doubt knows if it is.

The sign, I may not have got the words correct but I've certainly got the idea.  "Blind Hump Ahead."

This is an excellent idea to promote a bit of road safety. Its on a bit of road I know like the back of my hand and I've had many, many near misses there. Just before the top of Bodnant hill travelling towards Glan Conwy.

Not before time.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1511 on: May 10, 2014, 09:37:57 pm »
There is a similar sign, "blind hump ahead" on a road just outside Cockermouth.  As far as I know it is just a warning sign and probably not in the Highway Code.   :golf:

Bit like shouting, "Fore!" When you're teeing off.   :D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1512 on: May 11, 2014, 10:34:24 pm »
I saw a fairly unusual sign by Wrexham few weeks back, it gave a warning of 'Adverse Camber'.

http://www.mikewaite.co.uk/articles/adverse-camber/

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1513 on: May 11, 2014, 10:43:53 pm »
   There are certain places where there is a sign with no words, just a picture of the back of a lorry superimposed on it with another of the same lorry leaning to the right.   This means adverse camber or in plain English "Go too fast and your lorry will tip over."

One place I definitely have seen it is at the start of the A50 leading from the Potteries towards Derby.  And sure enough I personally know of at least four times a lorry has gone over.   

You might wonder why they don't think the road layout might be altered

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1514 on: May 20, 2014, 08:01:05 am »
Interesting!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas