Author Topic: The 3 Towns Coffee centre  (Read 559249 times)

Offline Yorkie

Re: The 3 Towns Coffee centre
« Reply #1485 on: April 09, 2014, 06:18:05 pm »
I had the last knockings of three cereal packets, a splash of five day old milk, a crushed sweetener saved from my last coffee at 101, and all washed down with the third use of a Tetley tea bag!  Wow that was some breakfast!   :D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1486 on: April 09, 2014, 07:23:04 pm »
   Thanks Hollins for letting me know I have something to look forward to. Says he as he grabs a bit of toast in Mollys Cafe before going up the hill.   Mike   (aged ???? rather not say)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1487 on: April 09, 2014, 11:56:33 pm »
Hate to admit this---- but I had a lovely bacon sandwich !! :roll:

For breakfast, I had to eat the pizza that I found stuck to my chest when I woke up this morning, (in my chair), a pizza I don't remember buying.

Is it obvious that Mrs Fester is working away at the moment?  :laugh:
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1488 on: April 10, 2014, 08:07:16 am »
 L0L what an image that has put in my mind!  :laugh:
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1489 on: April 11, 2014, 08:48:53 am »
The last (maybe) communication.   :D

Dear Mr Harada

It seems that I have got myself into a bit of a problem.   I visited the Bank but they wanted all sorts of information from me, something to do with money laundering, and I was unable to get an account.   I felt that I was in some sort of trouble and went to see my Lawyer for some help and advice.

As you know Lawyers have to keep everything confidential between themselves and their client, so I did not see any harm in telling him all about the money and the China Everbright Bank.  He said that he did not think it was true and that I was just the recipient of a scam email.   He was able to quote other examples of similar offers people had received from overseas.

Accordingly I shall not be continuing with my interest.  If your offer is in fact genuine, and I shall lose my opportunity, so be it.  I have always been poor, but I have been happy.   I will remain as such.

As an alternative, if your offer is genuine, you could send an advance payment of (say) Five Thousand Pounds direct to my Lawyer, who can hold the amount on my behalf until the main transaction is completed.

Yorkie
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1490 on: April 13, 2014, 12:04:33 am »
That made me chuckle....  :laugh:

Mr Harada will have to tout his kind offer elsewhere.
Fester...

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1491 on: April 13, 2014, 06:29:50 am »
Yorkie, great stuff! this may interest you, you can pay me and I'll send it on!  ;D
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1492 on: April 13, 2014, 07:35:18 am »
Nice...
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1493 on: April 13, 2014, 09:19:48 am »
That made me chuckle....  :laugh:

Mr Harada will have to tout his kind offer elsewhere.

I did think of writing back in Japanese, but wondered if Nigerians would understand it!    :D
Cicero

Offline hollins

• Management board member
« Reply #1494 on: April 15, 2014, 06:32:32 pm »
I thought of DaveR when I saw this!

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1495 on: April 15, 2014, 08:32:33 pm »
*bows*

They have much work to do to eradicate Nescafe from the world...  :laugh:  :laugh:

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #1496 on: April 17, 2014, 08:57:11 pm »
I had a lovely surprise the other day........
The Legion is closed on a Monday daytime but I needed to pick up my iron which the committee had been using for the new curtains.  As I turned the corner I was faced with 40 soaking wet 6yr old little school children, one of the teachers approached me and said "we realise your closed but is there any chance the kids can eat their packed lunches in your hall?"  :o  "y'see we thought they could use the castle but there's no facilities"   Now as you know I just love kids.....pffft  :roll:
What was I supposed to say?  I had loads to do but they said they'd only be there an hour, I didn't have the heart to say no........well I did but people would call me names hehe.  I think the worst of it was Dorinda had just finished cleaning and gone to the shop so I knew she wasn't going to be happy. 
Nodding towards the kids I asked "how many there was?" "90" she replied "we were hoping to stagger them"  :'(  All the kids piled into the concert room as Dorinda returned.  I explained to her what was going on and half laughing half crying she said "an hour and a half I've been cleaning that room" as another 50 kids came through the doors.  If you closed your eyes you'd think you were in a turkey farm.
An hour later all 90 kids and 17 teachers left the building smiling and full of thanks.  An hour after hoovering grapes, rice, crisps and bits of biscuits off the floor so did Dorinda and I.
A week later a teacher arrived with hand made cards from the kids and a potted plant each.........How nice is that, we were quite touched.

Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline hollins

• Management board member
« Reply #1497 on: April 17, 2014, 10:09:21 pm »
Lovely story.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1498 on: April 18, 2014, 08:06:31 am »
If you closed your eyes you'd think you were in a turkey farm.

Very nice, Pen :-))
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1499 on: April 19, 2014, 12:22:55 am »
Underneath that tough, scary exterior...... Angie, you have a tough, scary interior!    :laugh: :laugh:
Fester...