Author Topic: The 3 Towns Coffee centre  (Read 560180 times)

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
Re: The 3 Towns Coffee centre
« Reply #1185 on: January 08, 2013, 08:21:52 pm »
   To change the subject ---- happens all the time in coffee centres. I get my forum fixes with adverts, I asked for this. Then I can stare at my golf advert.
   But, even I have been getting fed up looking at it. But, salvation has arrived. Time it right and I see a picture of Rebecca.
   And a promise!!!
   What a pity she is so young (or is it me so old?)  Mike

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1186 on: January 14, 2013, 07:10:43 am »
The bits of pictures on the backs of coins look good:
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1187 on: January 14, 2013, 07:01:26 pm »
   Don't complain about "official" action in the U.K. too much.
   I am half way through the process of getting a visa to India. This morning I got an email, time it was sent 01.20 a.m on a Sunday/Monday night. From London
  As from the close of business on Tuesday the fee will increase from £42-20 to £92-20. To get the old price you have to have passport,photos (a different size to ANY other passport photo) all forms completed and the cash. In our office on Tuesday. Mike

Offline hollins

• Management board member
« Reply #1188 on: January 15, 2013, 04:00:16 pm »
That's it for another year. 2 days work and I don't even eat marmalade. A real labour of love.    ;D
Blodyn, the Sevilles are in!

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1189 on: January 15, 2013, 04:16:38 pm »
A sticky end, what??? &well&
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1190 on: January 16, 2013, 12:21:48 am »
   About the visa I wrote about yesterday. I've looked up visas on Wikipedia and learnt that most countries dont have them. But those that do usually work it both ways----we will insist on a visa for your visitors whilst you insist on one from ours. And the fees are different between different countries, but are normally the same both ways between two countries.
   So, has something suddenly gone wrong between India and the U.K.?  Have the U.K. jacked their fees up £50 at 24 hours notice to any Indians?  Anyone know?

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1191 on: January 16, 2013, 08:41:59 pm »
  I spent over an hour this afternoon with a very well known lady from Llandudno. Not as far as I know a member of the TTF but I imagine she must read it every so often.
  However in conversation and complete coincidence we were talking about a blog I wrote in the very, very early days of blogging, when no one, me included knew what it was about nor how to do it.
  But --- but. I hesitate to give the title because I am sure some of the forums members, should they read it, will probably suggest that I be thrown out of this family. And they may be right.
  However others may enjoy it. I have an idea that I did mention it to DaveR a couple of years ago. But, for what it is worth, and if you have the time and patience to wade through it all (it is long and a lot of interest will only be to Rhyl people from 40 years ago) this is what you key in:   WWW.amiabankrobber.blogspot.com
                                                                  Mike

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1192 on: January 16, 2013, 08:49:10 pm »
You did mention it to me, Mike, and it was a good read.  $good$

Offline hollins

« Reply #1193 on: January 17, 2013, 09:52:30 am »

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1194 on: January 17, 2013, 10:24:15 am »
 _))* that's great! Love it!  :laugh:
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline DaveR

• Administrator

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
« Reply #1196 on: January 17, 2013, 12:04:15 pm »
Re. Indian visas.  Every week day there is a HUGE queue outside the Indian commission non the Aldwych.  All applying for visas.  They must be raking it in.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1197 on: January 17, 2013, 01:03:26 pm »
_))* that's great! Love it!  :laugh:

Don't care for the bit about pooping in public !! :o :twoface:
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Welshmunchkin

• Peace can only be achieved by understanding
« Reply #1198 on: January 17, 2013, 09:31:37 pm »
Hi!
Sorry wasn't sure where to put this query, it's one of those questions that just drives you mad!
Can anyone remember the name of a couple of gift shops that were situated in Mostyn.Street in the 1960's. They were both owned by the same people, which seemed to be a father and daughter. One was in the group of shops known as Bunneys corner, around where Holland and Barratt is now, the other was further down the road somewhere opposite the church or maybe even further down, I just can't picture it now. The shops sold toys, china, jewellery and general fancy goods.I hope someone remembers!
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.  --Stephen Hawking

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know - it's me!    --John G. Miller

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1199 on: January 17, 2013, 09:57:56 pm »
I can remember Gay Gifts being where the mobile phone shop is now close by to Clares.