Author Topic: The 3 Towns Coffee centre  (Read 558470 times)

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
Re: The 3 Towns Coffee centre
« Reply #1035 on: July 30, 2012, 09:20:02 am »
I know she looks like a handbag dog but she's not.  She's a cross between a Jack Russel and a Poodle.  They are energetic little dogs with a great personality and she won't molt.  Need to get her injections sorted then we can start walking, not very far at the moment though  :)
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #1036 on: July 30, 2012, 11:56:30 am »
Good luck pen.-- and hide your shoes---says the voice of recent experience. :o
She's adorable.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #1037 on: July 31, 2012, 09:58:06 pm »
Pendragon, JJ's gorgeous!   :)

Do keep us posted with her progress. 

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #1038 on: August 01, 2012, 11:35:06 am »
Pendragon, JJ's gorgeous!   :)

Do keep us posted with her progress.
I won't be able to help it Blodyn.  She's so intelligent and comical, I can't wait for the walks to start.  She had her first injection on Monday so she's still not really allowed out but I have bought her into work with me as I feel mean leaving her in the crate on her own.  Gezzy didn't really want a dog but he's a big softy at heart and now he's besotted he's even got her photo on his phone.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1039 on: August 01, 2012, 02:00:33 pm »
On his "Dog and Bone" you mean?    ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #1040 on: August 01, 2012, 02:49:10 pm »
On his "Dog and Bone" you mean?    ZXZ
hehe funny Yorkie  :)

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #1041 on: August 03, 2012, 10:29:49 am »
I've been taking Jj into work with me over the past few shifts as I feel a bit mean leaving her on her own.  She's really good and sleeps in the hand basin quite happy.  She was worn out last night and as you can see from the last photo she was flat out. 

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1042 on: August 03, 2012, 08:50:37 pm »
We went to the Welsh Food Centre at Bodnant today to see how it was getting on.  Still not finished and one workman suggested it would be Christmas but was not sure which year.  Apparently they have replaced all the ridge tiles already as they (owners?) did not like them.

Stopped off for a coffee but as they were asking £2.45 for a cappuccino I decided to leave my money in my pocket and after Tesco went to St David's where it is £1.35.  Other prices were on a par and they must be trying to encourage the better off and forgetting us poor OAP's.

A look in the food shop produced further surprises with rib eye steak at £34 a kilo.  Fillet was in my opinion priced for Bankers and the like and my eyes watered when I saw the price ticket.  Much of the other goods were similarly priced and beyond the general budget of the average family.  The vegetables looked awful, and inspection revealed so.  Carrots were soft, as were the "new" potatoes.  Other produce including cauliflower did not light my fire and quite frankly I would not feed them to my family.  The broad beans were blackened and also looked awful.

The very large car park was barely used and very few people seemed to be leaving with any purchases.

Went to Tesco on the way home and saw my little butcher on the fresh meat counter and bought some excellent meat at half the price of the WF Centre.  Tesco fillet has always been great and the steaks of all types of a good standard.  Lamb and other meats also very good.  Plus a bonus - they also sell Haggis which we enjoy any time of the year.

Doubt we will be visiting the WFC again, except maybe to have a good laugh at their prices.
 :D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1043 on: August 03, 2012, 09:24:02 pm »
We went last week and were equally not impressed.

The café did not show any prices but when asked they said it is being sorted.

There was another unit which had a sign outside all in Welsh so we had to walk all the way down to read what it said on the other side to establish it was a Welsh Bee Shop.

I did take a walk right past the Welsh Farm Shop and saw a building which I think will be used as a residential cookery school.

When the builders finally move their units away, it will leave a wonderful view back up the Conwy Valley.

I guess if the cookery school doesn’t work out then somebody can always probably use the property as a nice home for themselves.

Before leaving, we called into the restaurant upstairs hoping to pick up a leaflet to take away showing the menu, its prices and opening times.

There weren’t any menus to take away so we chose to pick up a restaurant menu and sat down to read it. It wasn’t long before two other couples did exactly the same as us.

The place has received a lot of public funds so no doubt somebody must have a great deal of confidence in its future but like Yorkie we won’t be returning in a hurry.

Offline Jack

« Reply #1044 on: August 03, 2012, 09:39:11 pm »
That makes three of us then regarding Welsh Food Centre!   Really is a building site, felt sorry for the contractors as they were having to be so careful not to maim members of the public and not to leave trip hazards all over the place.  Really should have finished it before opening.  Nice setting though, pity the cafe doesn't face the other way to take advantage of the views but s'pose they were limited by planning and listed building status etc.

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1045 on: August 03, 2012, 10:28:59 pm »
The previous three posts also sum up our sentiments following a visit a couple of weeks ago.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1046 on: August 04, 2012, 12:03:27 am »
Hey Yorkie.... £2.45 for a cappuccino didn't faze you in Caffe Nero when I met you recently!   ;) ;)

But, I take your point....
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #1047 on: August 04, 2012, 01:24:33 am »
I don’t think much of its website either.

http://www.bodnant-welshfood.co.uk/en

How can they make the mistake of spelling 'welsh' with a small 'w'?  $good$

"We have Facebook and Twitter (both welsh and English versions)"  $walesflag$

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1048 on: August 04, 2012, 08:23:40 am »
Just had pointed out to me the prices at the new Garden Room Bar and Grill.
£3.25 for a Latte or Cappuccino.
£23.75 for Fillet Steak
£ 7.95 for the Cheeseboard

:o :o :o
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1049 on: August 04, 2012, 08:28:35 am »
 :o :o. How Much!!!   They can't be serious!  &shake&
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas