Author Topic: The 3 Towns Coffee centre  (Read 560304 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: The 3 Towns Coffee centre
« Reply #600 on: November 16, 2011, 10:17:00 am »
Hey P.
There is a very tasty looking (but tiny) fried egg in that pan!
What are all those items made of?

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #601 on: November 16, 2011, 10:25:46 am »
Hehe this is my not very intelligent answer....a kind of fimo I think  ;D I'm going over there with Socs later so I'll find out Fester  $good$
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #602 on: November 16, 2011, 11:25:30 am »
Those models are exquisite.  Your mother could make a lot of money with that quality and attention to detail.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #603 on: November 16, 2011, 08:35:28 pm »
makes the lighter look massive the furniture is that realistic, great workmanship

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #604 on: November 16, 2011, 09:22:14 pm »
If anyone is interested in "having a go" there is an excellent web site covering many aspects of the craft.

http://www.the-art-of-dollhouse-miniatures.com/
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #605 on: November 17, 2011, 09:42:47 am »
What lovely furniture and food, Pendragon.  Your Mum's obviously very talented.   &well&

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #606 on: November 17, 2011, 11:00:33 am »
My Mum has always been very good at craft well apart from the odd disaster but I won't embarrass her on here  ;) she reads the forum quite often.  I was chatting with her yesterday and she was saying that her Great Grandmother used to paint ceramics for Coalport china and her Great Grandfather was a designer for them. 
Below is a large charger her Great Grandmother painted I think it's amazing.  My GG Grandmother found a lizard in the garden once and so my GG Grandfather designed the vase below for her and she painted it.  I obviously didn't get that crafty gene as the only thing I can paint properly is a wall.
My Dads side of the family were licensees in Beaumaris for donkeys years so I'm not a throw back after all  ;D

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #607 on: November 17, 2011, 11:23:14 am »
Those are fantastic Pen. The plate is right up my street, I have a few flower plates by Wedgewood etc ( Charity Shop Buys), but none as nice as that.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #608 on: November 18, 2011, 07:06:47 am »
Astonishing work.  Clearly a very talented family :-))
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #609 on: November 18, 2011, 08:36:13 am »
Wow! some high quality work there and I love the miniature work too, outstanding  $good$
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #610 on: November 18, 2011, 11:32:51 am »
Pendragon, that's beautiful work by both your great grandparents.  As Ian has said, a very talented family. 

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #611 on: November 21, 2011, 10:35:19 am »
I'm sorry to say that I am one of those people who if you trip or fall in front of me after I've stopped laughing I will try and help.  Last night on the way home from my Mothers in Penmaenmawr I was sat at the front of the bus with Socs.  I hate sitting at the front of the bus, you feel like everyone is looking at you  8).  Anyway there I was minding my own business Socs at my feet staring out of the front window.  There was a few young girls at the back of the bus one was speaking quite loudly on her mobile phone she rang the bell to get off at the next stop.  I could hear her clip clopping in her heels as she slowly made her way to the front of the bus, at which point with no warning the driver suddenly applied the brakes.  Well all I could hear was clack clack clack and by the time I turned round this poor girl had hurtled past me, arms outstretched screaming as she collided with the plastic safety screen at the front of the bus.  Well I couldn't contain myself I sat there desperately trying not to burst out into fits of laughter.  One by one the passengers started to snigger, having peeled her hands off the safety screen she turned to the driver and said "thanks for that" which made me even worse then turned and with a big smile on her face she apologised to us.   I was in bits all the way home I couldn't even look out of the front window anymore as all I could see was the two hand prints on the glass where she had landed which kept making me giggle.  Bless her she must have wanted to die.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #612 on: November 21, 2011, 10:38:34 am »
Isn't it awful when you are busting to laugh and can't or daren't? Trouble is once you start you can't stop ! $donald$
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline hollins

« Reply #613 on: November 21, 2011, 11:26:06 am »
There is a three page article about Llandudno in this months Coast magazine. Dec 2011- Jan 2012.
It is the property focus article and features the owners of Space B&B.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #614 on: November 24, 2011, 11:52:43 pm »