Author Topic: The 3 Towns Coffee centre  (Read 558092 times)

Offline hollins

• Management board member
Re: The 3 Towns Coffee centre
« Reply #570 on: October 19, 2011, 01:03:55 pm »
hello forum..........is there anybody there?!
I have never seen it so quiet before. I hope everyone is okay.
I am trying out my new shed in the rain. Got the fire lit and I am roasting. Believe it or not this photo was taken only about an hour ago and not in the middle of the night.
Still loving the photos DaveR and Fester.
New addition........CURTAINS!!!!!!

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #571 on: October 19, 2011, 01:38:57 pm »
hello forum..........is there anybody there?!
I have never seen it so quiet before. I hope everyone is okay.
I am trying out my new shed in the rain. Got the fire lit and I am roasting. Believe it or not this photo was taken only about an hour ago and not in the middle of the night.
Still loving the photos DaveR and Fester.
New addition........CURTAINS!!!!!!

Yes it is very quiet!  Your new room (I can't call it a shed :laugh:) looks great  $good$
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #572 on: October 19, 2011, 09:21:33 pm »
   So its quite is it. Well Ive been thrown out of the pub next door so I'm going to RANT in the coffee centre.

And ---- its the low standards of our local papers again, and the absence of the most elementary proof checking.

First todays issue of the Pioneer.

I dont waste time going through every word trying to find fault. No chance. But these hit me in the eye just glancing through whilst eating breakfast.

First, back to Peter Moore again I wrote about in another thread. The Pioneer states as fact on Page 6 and printed "and had (P.Moore) a gas bottle business in Talacre called Moore's Gas."

Yes, there was a shed alongside the main road in Talacre with that title on the side.  But "Moores's Gas" was nothing whatsoever to do with P.Moore,   In fact I am not at all sure that it was even spelt that way it might have been MOOR gas or maybe Moore gas. Or even MORE GAS.  Yes, Peter Moore did sell calor gas in the Merchandise Hall in Kinmel Bay.   But Moore gas arose because from inception Calor had a monopoly, you had to buy their bottles at their price. But in the monopoly busting days around Thatcher Moore gas, and others, appeared selling more or less the same stuff for around half the price. But of course Calor reckoned they were better, lasted longer, were hotter etc.  As far as I know Peter Moore probably suffered falling sales because he supplied Calor.

Next on Page 22. Bryn Elian school had a knees up.  The LLANDUDNO school etc etc.   The newest resident in this area of North Wales will know something is wrong here.  No comment.

And this is just skimming through the paper. God help them if I had the time and inclinatian to read through the paper properly.

Now to be much loved Daily Post.   Every day in the small adds are around 4 or 5 largish blocks telling you --- my words but the gist is there --- if the small advert inserter spots an error it is their responsibility to get on the phone to the paper about it straight away.    If they don't, tough cheddar.  As I said NOT THEIR WORDS.   But, who's error?  If its the inserter, fair enough. But if its the papers error --- I doubt if it would be even legal to take a payment from people, make a mess of it and then say its not our fault, you didnt tell us we had made a mistake.

Lets hope Lord Beaverbrookes spirit isent reading this.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #573 on: October 19, 2011, 10:00:42 pm »
It was MORE GAS in Talacre. I remember the handmade sign on the side of the building.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #574 on: October 20, 2011, 07:32:52 pm »
   Thank goodness Dave that someone else remembers these things.   i was just a little, little bit doubtful about my memory here, but I was 99.5 per cent sure.

Offline dwsi

« Reply #575 on: October 20, 2011, 08:20:56 pm »
It was MORE GAS in Talacre. I remember the handmade sign on the side of the building.

Pictures posted on flickr by my friend Nwdls

More Gas by nwdls, on Flickr

More Gas by nwdls, on Flickr

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #576 on: October 21, 2011, 07:59:19 am »
Just what we need on the Forum -   >>>     >>>
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #577 on: October 22, 2011, 12:48:02 am »
A photo of Plas Mawr tonight.  It was a practice run so  I'm sure the windows will all match up for tomorrow.  It looked really good but my camera phone is pants folks.
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #578 on: October 24, 2011, 12:12:28 pm »
I can't wait till later 'cos Socs is coming to stay for two weeks again.  For those that don't know Socs is the dog on the left she works in this country as a sniffer/rescue dog, she can also detect human remains.  Her sister Hosan (right) is now a rescue dog in Somalia she helps clear mines and is one of the first dogs to travel overseas sometimes to rescue people from earth quakes and the like.
I love Socs to bits she's an absolute darlin' just look at those eyes bless her.  It also means for the next 14 days I shall be out in all weathers with her walking for miles over the mountains again.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #579 on: October 24, 2011, 09:13:16 pm »
A friend uploaded this picture to Facebook earlier.  Clever isn't it  $good$

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #580 on: October 27, 2011, 02:32:13 pm »
Our eldest daughter went out to teach at a private school in Central Bangkok in August.

Yesterday lunchtime, she and her husband helped to relocate the boarders over to the school's Pattaya campus about 90 miles to the east of Bangkok where I am pleased to report they all arrived safely by yesterday evening.

Judging by the latest satellite image this afternoon, they seem to have left Bangkok just in time.

Offline dwsi

« Reply #581 on: October 27, 2011, 10:23:27 pm »
Muppets, the staff not the thieves   :laugh:

Thieves raid open Asda store in North Wales without staff knowing - Daily Post North Wales http://bit.ly/vbh9uf

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #582 on: October 28, 2011, 05:40:21 pm »
Glad to hear they're all safe, Bri. 

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #583 on: October 29, 2011, 10:22:57 am »
Thanks, Blodyn.

There are high tides due today which will be a major test for Central Bangkok.

Meanwhile, I note the sister school has begun offering accommodation to parents affected by the tragedy which I am sure will be very welcome, providing they can make it over to Pattaya.

http://www.regents.ac.th/

Offline Hugo

« Reply #584 on: October 29, 2011, 04:56:08 pm »
They are having a bad time in Thailand Bri but I'm glad that your daughter is ok.  My brother has just gone out there and will be going up to the northern areas where the floods started so I hope that he'll be ok too.
It's rather ironic with this amount of water that only a few years ago Thailand wasn't having their normal rain fall. The rain clouds were there but the rain wasn't falling in Thailand as it normally did. The reports in the paper at the time said that the Thai airforce were dropping some type of "needles" onto the clouds so that the clouds would discharge the rain so it would fall in Thailand.
The World's weather is just so extreme nowadays.