Author Topic: The 3 Towns Coffee centre  (Read 552721 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: The 3 Towns Coffee centre
« Reply #225 on: March 26, 2011, 08:53:02 pm »
When we were kids, we used to make flamethrowers using cans of WD40.  :twoface:
We used to do similar things with the bunsen burner gas taps in school. You had to turn the gas on and see how long you could leave it before igniting the gas.  <:>

Offline Trojan

« Reply #226 on: March 26, 2011, 09:00:23 pm »
When we were kids, we used to make flamethrowers using cans of WD40.  :twoface:
We used to do similar things with the bunsen burner gas taps in school. You had to turn the gas on and see how long you could leave it before igniting the gas.  <:>

Bunsen burners (invented by Robert Bunsen Paddy) we used them to heat the science lab at our school.

:votive:  :votive:  :votive:  :votive:  :votive:

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #227 on: March 27, 2011, 08:26:31 am »
Bunsen burners (invented by Robert Bunsen Paddy) we used them to heat the science lab at our school.

That would give the H & S folks a heart attack, now :-))

As a toddler, I remember my father had a gas poker, a fearsome looking thing, with a long red pipe which he used to plug onto the gas tap in the kitchen before tuning the gas on then running into the living room to light the thing. My main interest then was why there was always a hole in the pipe before the burner;  exactly the way Bunsen burners have a slot in the side.  I could never work out why the gas didn't simply leak out at that point.  But then - I was only four....
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Yorkie

« Reply #228 on: March 27, 2011, 11:31:44 am »
I have just been on-line to renew my Lottery entries which I do 8 weeks at a time.  Whilst I was there I had a look at the Unclaimed Prizes list and there are absolute Millions of pounds that are unclaimed including many prizes of £1,000,000 and many over £100,000.    How can people manage to win such sums and never bother to claim them?     ZXZ

Needless to say none of them were mine!   ;D

brumbob

« Reply #229 on: March 27, 2011, 11:52:09 am »
Lost tickets, mistakenly reading the results, dying, just plain stupid
take your pick

Yorkie

« Reply #230 on: March 27, 2011, 12:06:23 pm »
It pays to do it online as the tickets are checked automatically and the cash credited to your account.   ;D

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #231 on: March 27, 2011, 10:51:22 pm »
Lost tickets, mistakenly reading the results, dying, just plain stupid
take your pick

Or...like my wife, putting the odd lucky-dip on,  then totally forgetting about it, until the tickets falls out of one of her bags...MONTHS later.
It drives me mad.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #232 on: March 28, 2011, 08:12:29 am »
It pays to do it online as the tickets are checked automatically and the cash credited to your account.

I wonder if the automatic system manages to get it right with the big prizes, though?  Knowing software, it wouldn't surprise me to find that it's never been tested with a very large payout  :weeping:
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #233 on: March 28, 2011, 08:13:59 am »
Why dont you all just give me your Lottery money...and I'll tell you that you've won nothing every week?  ;D  ???  :roll:

Yorkie

« Reply #234 on: March 28, 2011, 10:18:05 am »
The National Lottery do that already!    L0L

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #235 on: April 04, 2011, 10:19:21 am »
I've just been given a copy of the train journey from Chester to Holyhead filmed in the 70s I think.  All footage taken from the drivers cab.  It can be viewed using VLC.  How do I upload it?

I've also been given a copy of the film The Card some of which was filmed in Llandudno.  Again I don't know what year.  I think it was the 50s maybe?
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Trojan

« Reply #236 on: April 05, 2011, 03:57:49 am »
I've also been given a copy of the film The Card some of which was filmed in Llandudno.  Again I don't know what year.  I think it was the 50s maybe?

It was released in 1952.

Pictured are two local females who appeared in the film and below Sir Alec Guinness under Llandudno pier.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #237 on: April 05, 2011, 07:05:43 am »
That second Still was done in a Studio, rather than on location in Llandudno.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #238 on: April 05, 2011, 08:14:43 am »
A US cloud storage provider is being sued because it did not provide a recoverable backup of TV show files deleted by an aggrieved ex-employee.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #239 on: April 05, 2011, 01:42:07 pm »
The utter stupidity of some would be criminals never fails to amaze me.  I mean what kind of a Muppet gets stuck in a recycling bin.  The men were attempting to steal clothes from the unit.  One lad climbed in and then passed the clothes out to his accomplice, who on noticing the CCTV cameras were watching them, ran away leaving his mate trapped.  Firefighters managed to cut the lad out and surprise suprise he was let off with a caution.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/8223940.Man_stuck_in_recycling_bin/

Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley