Author Topic: The 3 Towns Coffee centre  (Read 550489 times)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
Re: The 3 Towns Coffee centre
« Reply #1890 on: June 02, 2018, 02:09:43 pm »
No, it's odd as the pics are the right way up on the phone lol
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1891 on: June 02, 2018, 03:26:24 pm »
I wonder if that's because the 'phone's accelerometer automatically corrects for the way the 'phone's being viewed?
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1892 on: June 02, 2018, 03:36:04 pm »
Could be, not sure really, they always come out the right way up on Facebook though.
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1893 on: June 08, 2018, 10:44:47 pm »
Roy Orbison fans, Barry Steele and Friends on at Venue Cymru 27th July  Roy Orbison Story.Well worth going to see
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 07:59:24 am by Ian »

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1894 on: June 08, 2018, 10:53:04 pm »
sorry the above should read 27th July (senior moment)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1895 on: July 28, 2018, 11:29:16 am »
I used the bridge most days for 14 years, without any major problems, common sense says those coming from Trefriw reverse, as it is safer than reversing back onto the main road on the Llanrwst side. 

These are the main two problems "common sense and the in/ability to reverse" the same can be said of the single track roads with passing places, in that area, I enjoyed many a fiasco up there, pity we did not have dash cams then, I could have had my own U tube site. ;) ;)

From discussions last September on this thread...............
Here we go again.................

Video captures Mexican standoff on town's narrow bridge in traffic battle
A video blogger has captured the chaos caused by motorists on a historic town’s narrow bridge. Pont Fawr bridge, in Llanrwst, has stood since the 17th Century but isn’t wide enough for two vehicles to pass, often leading to traffic problems.

That’s exactly what happened when Thomas Booth, a 26-year-old motorcycle blogger from Llandudno, needed to use the bridge during a bike ride through the town.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/video-captures-mexican-standoff-towns-14961749

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1896 on: July 28, 2018, 09:17:03 pm »
saw Barry Steel, The Roy Orbison Show last night at the Venue it was even better than last year, money well spent.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1897 on: October 20, 2018, 04:38:21 pm »
On my recent visit to the "Grape to Glass"  in Rhos, I was given a free magazine "Life in North Wales" published by Cheshire Life, with an article on the wine shop, after reading the full magazine,I would suggest picking one up if you get the chance, for a free mag. it's very good, lots of local stuff.       

online version....... http://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk/html5/reader/production/default.aspx?pubname=&edid=fe0e1b72-bdce-40db-b346-e7393ab8a83f

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #1898 on: October 20, 2018, 05:15:14 pm »
It is a very good magazine Steve and full of a lot of local interests, we've made a point of getting it ever since we first found out about it

Offline SteveH

« Reply #1899 on: October 20, 2018, 06:00:39 pm »
I haven't noticed them in Llandudno, but that's probably me in the wrong place, etc. but will keep a look out, or better, an excuse to visit Rhos.   :) :)

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1900 on: October 21, 2018, 01:49:01 pm »
Picked one up in Venue Cymru last week.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1901 on: November 22, 2018, 07:31:16 pm »
Fancy a laugh.
    As many readers know the parking meters installed on Colwyn Bay prom between the Cayley embankment and the toad have been installed several months too early.
   Not word for word but the attached notices read “ not yet in operation. We apologise for any inconvience.”
    Doubt if the council will find a queue of inconvienced drivers complaining. Haha

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1902 on: November 23, 2018, 11:35:02 am »
It wasn't that long ago when I had decided to take my dog for a walk on the Old Colwyn section of the beach but when I got off the A55 I found that that section of the promenade was closed so I drove to the Toad and parked my car on the promenade.
I went on the beach for a walk with Marco and half an hour later came back to the car and I was initially shocked to see parking meters there but relieved to see covers over the meters.
Apparently there has been an article  in the local papers about those particular meters.     The Contractors had put them there in error and that's why they were covered over.  It is the policy of the CCBC to install meters along that stretch eventually but they had not authorised the contractors to do it now!

Offline hollins

« Reply #1903 on: April 12, 2020, 11:14:39 am »
Happy Easter

Offline SteveH

Re: The 3 Towns Coffee centre................‘Adopt a Kiosk’
« Reply #1904 on: March 15, 2021, 10:06:13 am »
A bit quirky, but someone might be interested................

BT’s famous red phone boxes to be turned into lifesaving defibrillators                  ref Inyourarea
Up to 4,000 iconic boxes could be converted

The telecommunications giant is reacting to the situation by encouraging interested people to purchase a box for as little as £1, through their ‘Adopt a Kiosk’ programme.

Since 2008, BT have sold 6,600 boxes to individuals and community groups with a further 4,000 now being added to the available list.

The boxes have been given a new lease of life by the scheme, with units being converted into defibrillators, coffee shops mini libraries/book exchanges and art exhibitions.

“Thousands of communities have already come up with a fantastic array of ideas to reuse their beloved local phone box.”

https://business.bt.com/campaigns/communities/adopt-a-kiosk/