Author Topic: The 3 Towns Coffee centre  (Read 552668 times)

Yorkie

Re: The 3 Towns Coffee centre
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2010, 09:44:42 pm »
To cheer yourself up you could always nip out for a great meal at the Yeung Sing Chinese Restaurant at the bottom of Penrhryn Hill.  We went on Saturday and the place has maintained,if not improved, its high standard since we were last there.  2 courses plus drinks only £32 and the King Prawn and seasonal veg was to die for.    We won't leave it for so long before we call again.      ZXZ

Offline Blongb

• Management board member
  • I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2010, 03:42:51 pm »
Whilst the Library is closed, if you need to buy any Composting Recycling plastic bags, you can get them from upstairs in the County Archive (the old Lloyd Street School   Building) on Lloyd Street @ £2:50 a pack. Now all I have to do is wait and see if they are collected from the curbside. ££$
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Blongb

• Management board member
  • I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2010, 04:51:37 pm »
I waited 2 days for them to be collected, but no such luck so I phoned the Council. They had the collection logged in OK and they had asked their Contractors to collect my recycling. The Contractors had even told the Crew where to pick my 6 bags up and the crew had signed the job off as completed. They have now been tasked to pick them up on Monday. Isn’t it nice when all the boxes have been ticked, just so long as the paper work is complete all is well in the world  :rage:
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2010, 05:16:04 pm »
BlongB ....what a set of lazy B###tards .... and cheeky too ...... woe betide those paper pushers when the Council really DO have to make the necessary cuts,  and they realise that mincing about with the price of ice cream at the Venue Cymru doesn't balance the books!

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2010, 09:57:45 pm »
I'm in the coffee centre so I'm going to bore you like I usually do in the 3 towns pub (I've been barred from there). The subject--Mitchells and Butlers, a well known "Punch Taverns" type of company. Well, my moan was, every time I see this companies name in the city financial papers (I read them every day---God knows why, I hav'ent got two halfpennies to rub together) they always print Mitchells and Butlers. Whilst I know it should be Mitchells and Butler.   Or----maybe---- Mitchell and Butlers.  How do I know? Because I used to push their barrels around Westwells the bottlers in Rhos not far off seventy years ago. And I am quite sure of this. Dont ask me why I'm so sure, its just a little mind that picks up on small things like this. So, tonight, I got onto Google and I find that, no, it has got on s on both names. Not deterred, I still think I am right. So, just to make a stupid person happy, how can I go further back 70 years and find out what the company was then? And, after all, what the hell does it matter? Nothing. Except that pigheaded me is sure I am right. Mike

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2010, 10:22:16 pm »
They've revived an old name, Mike, whether they've done it properly or not is another matter:

http://www.mbplc.com/

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2010, 10:49:40 pm »
So, if I'm correct they have taken a name from a defunct company but made a mess of it!!!  Presumably, then, if I feel in the mood I'll have to get some evidence of the exact name of the original company. Then---I will tell them.   AND they will say "Oh dear."   Maybe its something that could keep me occupied for an hour or two in February.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2010, 02:20:09 pm »
What do you do with a man who appeared at a special Llandudno court over the weekend for his 327th offence of which 252 were theft related?  He is 55 year old David Archer of Rhyl and after promising that it will not happen again, magistrates refused bail pending sentencing.

His latest offence was at Tesco's Abergele store and happened only two days after he had been freed from a previous jail term.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2010, 02:48:59 pm »
He's the one whose speciality is stealing charity boxes.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2010, 03:09:33 pm »
I read about him the other day, he's spent the last 14 out of 15 xmas' in jail.  According to various news reports over the years he'd rather be in jail, he's served the equivelent of 2 life sentences and he's only 55 now, so jail is clearly  not working.  Maybe they should look at the reasons he wants to be sheltered in prison.  Prison offers security and safety for those individuals who can not cope on their own. I was going to say he's probably a Kleptomanic which is of course a mental illness but the definition is someone with an irrational urge to steal in the absence of an economic motive, also it appears that most of the time he's stealing alcohol (and charity boxes) so he's most likely an alcoholic. Would it be more financialy viable to offer more sheltered housing for these people, it's got to be cheaper than the cost of yet another seemingly pointless prison term.
 )*)&
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2010, 03:15:36 pm »
Dave must have posted at the same time. Apparently the reason he targeted charity boxes was because he was guaranteed to get a prison term for the offence.

June 26th 2007

Byline: By GARETH HUGHES

A MAN who has an ASBO banning him from possessing a charity box stole one to ensure that he went back to prison, a court heard yesterday.

Prolific offender David Archer, 52, was jailed and issued with the Anti-Social Behaviour Order when he stole a poppy appeal box in the run-up to last year's Remembrance Sunday.

After being released early, he was jailed again in March for breaching the ASBO in Anglesey, and released on Thursday last week

He was out for just three days before stealing another box, Prestatyn magistrates were told.
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Yorkie

« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2010, 03:41:07 pm »
When I was in the Plod in London we regularly had some of the old lags purposely breaking shop windows at this time of year.    Mainly because they wanted a comfortable Xmas in clink rather than on the streets!     ;D

Offline Barbiroli

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2010, 05:47:23 pm »
I'm in the coffee centre so I'm going to bore you like I usually do in the 3 towns pub (I've been barred from there). The subject--Mitchells and Butlers, a well known "Punch Taverns" type of company. Well, my moan was, every time I see this companies name in the city financial papers (I read them every day---God knows why, I hav'ent got two halfpennies to rub together) they always print Mitchells and Butlers. Whilst I know it should be Mitchells and Butler.   Or----maybe---- Mitchell and Butlers.  How do I know? Because I used to push their barrels around Westwells the bottlers in Rhos not far off seventy years ago. And I am quite sure of this. Dont ask me why I'm so sure, its just a little mind that picks up on small things like this. So, tonight, I got onto Google and I find that, no, it has got on s on both names. Not deterred, I still think I am right. So, just to make a stupid person happy, how can I go further back 70 years and find out what the company was then? And, after all, what the hell does it matter? Nothing. Except that pigheaded me is sure I am right. Mike
I can tell you Ormegolf the name of the old brewery was Mitchells and Butlers.I sent an old photo of Dunphy's warehouse in Market Street to Dave R (I think it must have been on the old forum)
I've looked through the photo archives but can't find it now,but the name was advertised on the side wall of the building.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2010, 06:54:36 pm »
I've decided to give up on this bee in my bonnet over M & B. Dave posted to a link on ebay selling old beer mats, but on both these items part of the advert showed Mitchells and part showed Mitchell. So there you are, I'm glad I'm not the only one to be confused. Anyone fancy tracing the burial places of Mr Mitchell(s) and Mr. Butler(s).  Me, I've got to get over Dublin to advise the financial bosses on a little matter of how much to tax Guinness!!