Author Topic: The 3 Towns Coffee centre  (Read 550442 times)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
The 3 Towns Coffee centre
« on: October 16, 2010, 11:21:53 am »
Daytime natters about anything and everything
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
Re: The 3 Towns Coffee centre
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 11:25:17 am »
For those who might be interested I'll be letting you know the best buys for Christmas as determined by Which?

First off: MP3 players  In their most recent test, Apple iPods of all types took the top eight places in their best buy tables. The top scoring iPod Classic was awarded 84%, while the best of all the non-Apple products only managed 76%.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Yorkie

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 12:03:43 pm »
And the best place to buy them is ARGOS!    $uk

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 08:39:27 pm »
I note that WR Davies in the Junction appears to have dropped the Chrysler (Jeep) agency for Renault, so now they are Ford and Renault.
According to their website the family owned company was founded at Berriw near Welshpool in 1924 and now have 5 sites including the one in LJ
- it is still a family owned company headed by managing director Jonathan Davies.

PS Ian or Dave - perhaps we should now have a thread "Everything to do with Llandudno Junction" - it is a "mecca" for car showrooms and the home of the North Wales WAG Offices amongst other things.
AND of course only this week it was reported that that famous "watering hole" ie the Station Hotel is not to be sold after all and a new landlady has been appointed.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 08:42:36 pm by Bellringer »

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 08:58:16 pm »
Thank you Dave for creating the new thread "Everything to do with Llandudno Junction". I can honestly say, without fear or favour, that the service on here is impeccable!!

Offline Trojan

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 08:06:32 am »
I agree Bellringer1, and this 3 Towns Coffee Centre suits me to a T.  <:>

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 05:12:11 pm »
A nuclear submarine (the Astute) has run aground off the Isle of Skye.
My favourite comment on the news today was that the Navy will hold an enquiry and "get to the bottom of it" !!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2010, 07:48:46 pm »
I suspect that's one Cpn whose career now lies in ruins...

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2010, 08:31:26 am »
I suspect that's one Cpn whose career now lies in ruins...

If not at the bottom of the ocean !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2010, 08:36:47 am »
The investigation will possibly be in the public domain, so it might make interesting reading.  But grounding your new boat when it costs over £2bn is not something you aspire to...

))*

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2010, 06:03:27 pm »
While driving in a line of vehicles from Llandudno to Llandudno Junction this afternoon near the Deganwy Castle Hotel, another car in a line travelling in the opposite direction crossed to my side and struck mine on its off side causing damage. The incident happened at about 2.50pm and although I stopped  the other car did not. I think it was a white older type Astra possibly N registered with a male driver. It must have sustained damage to its off-side.

To say I was annoyed is an understatement but what was also disappointing, was none of the drivers of the vehicles travelling either way stopped to see if I was OK or offer to confirm what had happened. :rage: :rage:

If anyone perchance happens to see an older white Astra with a damaged off-side front, please let me know.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2010, 06:09:08 pm »
I take it you reported this incident to the Police Bellringer1? As the other driver did not stop it makes it a  hit & run does it not?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 06:10:53 pm by Trojan »

Yorkie

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2010, 06:32:53 pm »
The driver is probably not insured either, could well have been under the influence of drink or drugs by the sound of his driving and was probably not concious of having hit anyone.  How bad is the damage to your car?  Photo?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2010, 08:06:38 pm »
Sorry to hear about this, Stan. Hope the damage isn't too bad.

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2010, 09:14:12 pm »
Thanks for your comments guys.

Considering the noise of the impact I am amazed the damage was not more serious than it is. His car scraped all the way down my off-side leaving a trail of his paint-work but no really significant indentations. I had difficulty getting out of the drivers' door so that may be a slight problem, the wing mirror has gone and the rear o/s wheel disc is missing. So could have been much worse. Trouble is it's my old car which wasn't worth trading in when I bought another one three years ago so no point in trying an ins. claim I suppose, but it is useful to have to do local trips and keep mileage off the other especially as it still goes pretty well with minimal cost.

On advice I used the 101 police non-urgent number to report the incident and an officer will visit me at home tomorrow morning at 8.45am.