Author Topic: Picture of Madge Cox and Lily Owen  (Read 6805 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Picture of Madge Cox and Lily Owen
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2016, 06:16:53 pm »
Hi Mike,   

Hope that you are keeping well over there in Norfolk.    I think the Owen family lived at No 24  Cwm Place but it's so long since I lived in the street that I can't be certain.  I do remember the family apart from David but did Lily ever marry because I can only ever remember calling her Miss Owen  when I used to speak to her.
Did the family move from Cwm Place to the estate, possibly Ffordd Morfa as I've a very vague memory that they left Cwm Place at some time

Offline PhilMick

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2016, 07:45:56 pm »
Thanks Micox - probably my late mother in law, Amy Ferguson nee Owen,  would have known them. She lived in Mowbray Road from 1926 until she passed away last year.

When I see a Llandudno Owen I tend to think they are related to her family.

I see from Hugo's post that you are over in Norfolk - my father's family were Norwich people.

Phil

Offline shnugs

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2021, 04:04:41 pm »
No one reads these however Lily Owen was my mums best friend at one time and we lived next door in Ffordd Morfa, Ernie was a coalman and a real nice guy, Billy was ok too and I grew up with Beverly a real nice girl who became a hairdresser. They moved to the houses behind the Links Hotel.
welsh and proud even though far away.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2021, 05:23:53 pm »
Yes we do........... $good$   and thanks for your post.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2021, 05:24:27 pm »
The Owens lived in Cwm Place when I lived there and were a nice family, sometimes Ernie used to join in the football matches when we played on Cwm Place field.
I seem to remember an older member of the Owen family living there but can't remember his name but I'm thinking that he may have been called George and he was a nice guy too.   I can't recall Beverley in Cwm Place though
Ernie and another guy kept pigs and the Pigsty was at the very top of Bodnant Road

Offline shnugs

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2021, 06:10:21 pm »
Thanks Steve and Hugo.
we moved to Ffordd Morfa in around 1968/9 . and always remember aunt Lil (not real aunt as we know). I would remember that face anywhere a kind and cool woman. Yea Remember Owens in Cwm Place the old guy with The coach tours which mum and dad went with Lil and Ernie. I could write a book on Ffordd Morfa btw. Lil used to work at a Dry cleaners which used to be at the end of Mostyn Street i guess where the amusements is now. Forgive me I moved away in 88 and a lot of things have changed. I remember that Bodnant Rd farm too. Beverly yes She worked at the hairdressers next to the palladium where I used to be her test dummy on hair colour. Anyway they moved out and the Lewis Family moved in at Ffordd Morfa. Peggy and Chris Lewis a nice family. The other Lady Cox I think worked with My dad at Hi Hat. Respect Guys.
welsh and proud even though far away.