Author Topic: The 3 Towns Arms  (Read 245998 times)

Yorkie

Re: The 3 Towns Arms
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2010, 03:42:30 pm »
Being teetotal - I'm a waste of time in a pub!   And I don't like standing a round, if you get my drift!     L0L  L0L

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2010, 03:56:17 pm »
Don't be so selfish......the xmas message from the police this year is "designated driver" so you won't be a wate of time at all.....wheres your xmas spirit ? I mean cordial  :-*

L0L
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2010, 01:07:27 pm »
I went to have a nosey at the wikileaks site today and yesterday. Not that I'd understand any of it anyway, but firefox won't let me get on the site.  is there only certain  people who can read them then ?   ???

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Yorkie

« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2010, 01:36:22 pm »
I think you will find that most, if not all, access points to Wikileaks have now been blocked.    ¢¢##

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2010, 01:47:31 pm »
I think you will find that most, if not all, access points to Wikileaks have now been blocked.    ¢¢##
ah ha that'll be why then. Thanks

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2010, 02:12:56 pm »
Nonsense, you just need to know where to look:
http://wikileaks.ch/

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2010, 02:15:43 pm »
Trust you Dave thanks  ;)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2010, 02:18:30 pm »
Assange is a dangerous nutcase, in my view.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2010, 02:30:59 pm »
He's self-righteous - and there's little as dangerous.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2010, 05:07:33 pm »
Watch out---here's the pub bore. Wonder what he is going to moan about today.      Here goes.   I've read a report in the Daily Post today from some high up person in highways. Hes talking about complaints about bad gritting of roads, but, he will always get those. However he hints, amongst other things, that the gritting process is being hampered by people stealing the rock salt from storage bins at the side of the road. And that these small storages of salt are there to enable the salt to be spread in outlandish and little used, but dangerous, places. What an excuse!!! For a start, how much salt could anyone steal? Its hardly the lightest or cleanest commodity. Two smallish sackfulls and your average car is down on its springs. And why are people stealing it? To spread it themselves in outlandish and little used, but dangerous, places. He should be thankful, the robbers are saving the Council labour charges. Of course, the inference is that it is being stolen to be put on some privately owned pathway. Well--so what. If someone falls and breaks a leg, the medical expense is just the same whether it be on public highway or private path.If this stealing is really bothering the Council, and not just a feeble excuse, how about a Council run campaign to sell small quantities of salt to private individuals. I bet plenty would take up the offer. Who knows, the Council might even make a small profit, but make sure its only a SMALL one.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2010, 06:47:37 pm »
I wonder if Trojan will be coming home?  I know he wouldn't miss out on such an occasion,  he suggested this very thing on his last visit.  Z** Z** Z**

A little difficult for me to be a cwsmer there at the moment.

However, I will be there in spirit.  
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 06:50:47 pm by Trojan »

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2010, 05:33:07 pm »
Assange is a dangerous nutcase, in my view.

I think he is very brave...but completely unreasonable.
However he isn't as clever as he thinks he is, because the CIA's and the MI 5's of this world have a way of dealing with his sort...
They will start subtley with a rape allegation (trumped up or genuine) ... then if that doesn't work, there will be other ways of taking him ''offline''
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2010, 05:36:44 pm »
Watch out for bright lights and tunnels.  They'll silence anyone, by whatever means. ???

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2010, 05:49:21 pm »
I still think he's a plonker who is doing it more to get attention for himself (his face is all over the Wikileaks site) than anything else. I would give him more credit if he released something that wasn't from the U.S. How about he gets hold of some Iranian cables or Russian cables and let's see what they contain?

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2010, 06:38:44 pm »
Good Point Dave!

He, like many others have a vendetta against governments such as the US or the UK.
He has a misguided view that these governments are more benign, and they will play fair with them ..... how wrong they are!

Go on Assange... have a pop at the Russians, Iranians or even the Chinese.... watch your life expectancy plummet!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -