Author Topic: The 3 Towns Arms  (Read 246079 times)

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
Re: The 3 Towns Arms
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2010, 08:34:46 pm »
I've just read DaveR's link a second time. I see now that it says the CSA will only take my passport/driving licence as a last resort. The resort I was thinking of is the Costa da la  etc etc

Offline Trojan

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2010, 04:24:05 am »
Coming soon......Mike's Goa Golf Course

D)

Yorkie

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2010, 08:01:36 pm »
Advance Publicity. . . . . . .

Wednesday Beach Party

“Simple the Best” -Party at the Mike's Beach Oasis is the one experience you must do at least once if you're visiting Goa, Every Wednesday night enjoy exotic drinks, Fireworks, bonfire, resident DJ, Traditional Indian dancers and Fire jugglers.

By popular demand, floodlit Golf for those who prefer the outdoors.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2010, 06:04:23 pm »
Hey Yorkie thats great. How about you becoming head of publicity for the idea?

Yorkie

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2010, 08:49:05 am »
All you have to do is pay my fare and get me over there!      ZXZ

Offline Blongb

• Management board member
  • I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2010, 05:25:39 pm »
I don't know the quizmaster, a middle aged guy with glasses is all I can tell you. But I can say that we had all the right answers and he had the wrong questions!  ZXZ
His name was Jonathon and I'm very sorry to say he will be asking no more questions at the Kings Head Quiz. We don't know why, but after completing last Wednesdays Quiz, he went home to Deganwy and took his own life. I will not speculate on what made him do such a terrible thing, but know he will be sadly missed by a lot of people who knew him. If you would like to say Goodbye to Jonathon come to the Kings Head at 9pm on Wednesday 24th November. Needless to say there won't be a Quiz, just a chance to remember a really nice man.
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2010, 05:32:18 pm »
His name was Jonathon and I'm very sorry to say he will be asking no more questions at the Kings Head Quiz. We don't know why, but after completing last Wednesdays Quiz, he went home to Deganwy and took his own life. I will not speculate on what made him do such a terrible thing, but know he will be sadly missed by a lot of people who knew him. If you would like to say Goodbye to Jonathon come to the Kings Head at 9pm on Wednesday 24th November. Needless to say there won't be a Quiz, just a chance to remember a really nice man.
I don't know if you were aware, but he was also a member and moderator on the old Llandudno Local forum for a while, under the name of Piloti. I have taken the liberty of copying your post into the Obits section, I hope you don't mind:
http://threetownsforum.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=287

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2010, 11:21:44 am »
This is a chat in the pub thread, so I'm going to be the pub bore and have a rant. Cold weather so I thought----sun.  I need an India visa. Clever devil, me, I'm not going to pay £20 to an agent, I'll get in myself on the web. So, I downloaded the forms, paypalled the cash, sent passport,photos etc off by I think its called Special Delivery (it cost over £6) plus another self addressed special delivery envelope. It said allow ten working days. This was on November 2nd.   By about 21st I was getting worried, no response. Phone up the agency of the Indian Government (they have outsoursed it to a firm in the UK).  Cannot get a phone number nor email address. The office I used is in Hayes,Middlesex. (It had to be that one if you do it by post). There are about ten offices in U.K., non have a phone number except Glasgow. I rang that -- unable to connect you. I got on to Directory Enquiries, they gave me a number ---- something wrong with the line.  B.T. wont say whats the matter, but I cannot get through. So on 22nd I send a recorded delivery off to them "What the hells going on."   No reply, not a dicky bird.  So, if nothing turns up tomorrow, on Tuesday I will be making a 500 mile round trip to stand in the queue in Hayes.  Mike  P.S. I did track the original letter --it was delivered at 07.30 on 3rd November. Royal Mail even gave me a photostat copy of the signature and printed name.   As I said, clever devil, me. I saved £20 by doing it myself. No comment.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2010, 12:43:00 pm »
Have you tried contacting the Indian embassy to complain and get them to sort it out? When a friend of mine went to Australia, I was able to do it all online for her and it was electronically attached to her passport number - no papers required.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2010, 07:58:11 pm »
Thanks Dave. At least it gives a phone number for their passport enquiries. Maybe I might get some help tomorrow. Just in aside, and for a bit of a laugh.  The High Commisioner of India's website, all very grand with background of elephants etc has about twelve or so sections to go to. One is entitled, quite brazonly, Car for Sale.   One of the High Commissioners top men is fed up with his top of the range Merc.  Not backward at coming forward in business, our Indian friends.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2010, 08:20:37 pm »
So I see: http://hcilondon.in/car_for_sale.php

Hope you get your Visa sorted out tomorrow.

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2010, 08:26:56 pm »
 Not backward at coming forward in business, our Indian friends.

Years ago they used to go around knocking on doors etc selling their wares out of a big suitcase. Things like ties and "silk"
scarfs - all very shiny and sparkly I seem to recall. 
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 09:10:56 pm by Bellringer »

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2010, 10:30:58 am »
Another case of stupidity...

"The North East Wales rescue team had to walk four people off Llantysilio mountain in bitterly cold temperatures at 2am on Sunday after their 4x4 vehicle got stuck.

Team leader Iain Ashcroft said: “They were unwise to have ventured up the mountain in those conditions at night.”"

Amazing.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/2010/11/29/north-wales-cold-snap-set-to-continue-55578-27733502/

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2010, 11:08:09 am »
Bellringer---I love your new  badge. Its really great. Dave---not much luck with the Visa. Still trying. In the meantime I have been told that an extra three days in November are "non working" days. Nov 5 is Divali.  The 17th Idu'l Zuha.  The 21st Guru Nanak's Birthday.  I am NOT JOKING. So I'm thinking twice about driving to Hayes.  I wont start out until Im sure there isent a moveable day off  Mike

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2010, 12:21:57 pm »
Bellringer---I love your new  badge. Its really great.   Mike

Thanks Mike, and good luck with the Visa matter.

NB I suppose I should say that it is the logo of the North Wales Association of Church Bell Ringers and as such, any views and comments I may make are my personal ones, and cannot be attributed in any way to the Association.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 02:00:22 pm by Bellringer »