Author Topic: The 3 Towns Arms  (Read 249488 times)

Offline Yorkie

Re: The 3 Towns Arms
« Reply #765 on: May 13, 2013, 06:26:54 am »

Can not believe people can be so selfish when they know how the NHS,charities etc are struggling for money.

Think about it.

Surely one of the biggest shovellers of money abroad is the Government who sent billions every year to Countries who should do more to help themselves and also to corrupt overseas governments who use the cash for anything but helping the people in need!

I did think about it! ;)
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #766 on: May 13, 2013, 08:03:42 am »
Yes indeed Yorkie!  $good$
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #767 on: May 13, 2013, 09:22:20 am »
 $good$
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #768 on: May 14, 2013, 07:10:56 pm »
    I am reasonably certain that this afternoon I watched the very first top section to one of the 180 odd lower sections making up the offshore wind farm on its way to be erected.
    So now its crunch time. On the one side the group who say you will hardly be able to see it from Llandudno. On the other the people who remind us that all 180 of them are the same height as Blackpool tower.
    Allow a couple of days for the erection ship to leave the site. Now the proof of the pudding is in the eating.
    My bet is you will have difficulty in even seeing it---and thats without any rainfall.

Offline Yorkie

Re: Photography
« Reply #769 on: May 19, 2013, 07:33:29 pm »
The latest Government measures against immigration.
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Big Alan

• Scouse not English
Where's Fester?
« Reply #770 on: May 24, 2013, 05:18:58 pm »
Just down for the weekend with the missus and the lad and his girl, walked down the pier to introduce myself to Fester and the pier was shut!  Ah we'll more drink! Z** maybe bump into some of you lot at the airshow?
Justice for the 96

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: Where's Fester?
« Reply #771 on: May 24, 2013, 11:24:47 pm »
Just down for the weekend with the missus and the lad and his girl, walked down the pier to introduce myself to Fester and the pier was shut!  Ah we'll more drink! Z** maybe bump into some of you lot at the airshow?

HMMMM, I WONDER.....  ?{}? ?{}? ?{}?
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #772 on: May 28, 2013, 09:46:36 pm »
   About three weeks ago I posted here about an attempt to get nearly £5,000 out of my bank account (as if I had that cash HaHa).

Anyway in case anyone is interested. The end of the story.

Ive just received a letter from Barclays fraud dept. In effect they say that their enquiries are complete, they don't want the £50 back that they had lent me to cover three of the false withdrawals, and the matter is now closed. FULL STOP.

No explanation. No help or advice about using my card to prevent the same thing happening again, not that I had done anything wrong. And not the slightest whisper of an apology. After lengthy phone calls at my expense and at least three lengthy visits to the Bank.

Mike

Offline mull

• Management board member
« Reply #773 on: May 29, 2013, 12:02:18 am »
What is wrong with the UK.
There seems to be a reluctance to treat fraud as a serious offence and these days it is just an inconvienience to the victim.
I still can not believe that West Midlands Police would not take up my case, despite giving them all the details and the address the goods were delivered to.
As I said at the time it might look bad on thier crime statistics, or is that just me being cinical.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #774 on: May 29, 2013, 08:23:19 am »
As we were discussing Amazon earlier in this topic folks should be aware that they've made a change to their check-out process.  As you now try to check out you are presented with a complete page which says little else other than try to persuade you to try Amazon Prime.  Although they've been pushing Prime for some time,  what's new about this effort is that it's far from obvious how to escape the page to get to check out without opting for Prime.  The 'escape' button is plain white, to the RH side of the screen and doesn't appear until you've had time to panic about awhy you can'\t leave without trying Prime.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #775 on: May 29, 2013, 08:26:25 am »
That's a bit a naughty of them.  &shake&

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #776 on: May 29, 2013, 08:28:31 am »
I suspect even they are finding the going tough with their free delivery, which most of the time arrives in a day or so.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #777 on: May 29, 2013, 12:49:40 pm »
I suspect even they are finding the going tough with their free delivery, which most of the time arrives in a day or so.

When I first started using Amazon a few years ago they dispatched the goods within hours but lately I have noticed that if I select the free delivery they can take 3 or 4 days to dispatch goods even though they say they are in stock for immediate dispatch. I can only assume this is done to try and prompt you to start paying for delivery to get your goods in the time you used to get them for free!
Valar Morghulis

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #778 on: May 29, 2013, 01:16:59 pm »
I've always selected Free Supersaver delivery if available. Marketplace sellers seem to despatch the same day, more often than not, and a next day delivery is quite common. As you say, Amazon itself are slower at despatching items.

Offline PETER D

« Reply #779 on: May 29, 2013, 01:53:14 pm »
I  clicked on 'free trial' on the Amazon Prime delivery.Two months later I got hit for a £49 annual charge as I didn't click on the box at the bottom of the page.I nearly didn't see it on my card statement.However Amazon credited my card with no problems when I contacted them.