Author Topic: The 3 Towns Arms  (Read 249623 times)

Offline Yorkie

Re: The 3 Towns Arms
« Reply #465 on: September 12, 2011, 06:49:13 pm »
Ah!  The Three Towns Swimming Club!  Yet another string to the bow!   
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #466 on: September 12, 2011, 07:13:42 pm »
I'm just catching up on these follow up points, my point about the swimming pool has sparked quite a response.

In answer to Bri, anyone who works past 4pm each day, (which should be the majority) have only 2 small slots totalling 2.5 hours on two evenings a week.
Therefore, as a working person the pool is hardly ever available to me.

What annoyed me more was the fact that when I joined the gym, it was sold to me on the basis that the use of the pool was unlimited and that makes up for the poor equipment in the gym.  The gym was referred to by the staff as an 'afterthought'
So I joined, and if I wish to 'unjoin' then they will continue to take money from my account for a further month.
Not only that, but I was charged quite a considerable sum (can't remember how much) to have an induction.
This involved nothing more than a cursory wander around the machines by an attendant.
I didn't need this additional expense, as I have been a member of gyms for many years.
Surely you should be able to sign a 'disclaimer' and opt out of that?  But no ..... its money!!!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #467 on: September 12, 2011, 07:28:26 pm »
The exercise equipment at the Junction facility is excellent.  No swimming pool unfortunately.   ££$
Cicero

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #468 on: September 12, 2011, 08:15:59 pm »
Yorkie, I started my rehab in Llandudno Junction and, in my opinion, it is only on a par with the equipment available in the Llandudno Swimming Centre.

In Llandudno, you do not need to use a key to use any of the equipment like you do in the Junction and when using the treadmills in Llandudno you do have something to look at out of the window instead of a feeling of claustrophobia whilst looking at only bushes in the Junction.

That’s just my opinion.  $salute$

Fester, if you are unable to go for a gym and a swim in the mornings then I can only recommend timing your future use of the gym just before going for a swim.

I think you may have an old timetable so I suggest you pick up a new one on your next visit.

Midweek, the public swimming sessions in the evenings are currently:

Monday up to 6.30pm and then again 8.30pm – 9.30pm.

Tuesday: 6.30pm – 7.30pm.

Wednesday: 8.30pm – 9.30pm.

Thursday: 6.30pm – 9.30pm.

Friday: Forget it because there are swimming lessons, performance squad and swimming club after 3.45pm.

I hope this helps  ££$

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #469 on: September 12, 2011, 08:36:51 pm »
I was given what was called a NEW timetable a couple of weeks ago, but those times do not correspond with it.

So, I shall mosey down tomorrow, (assuming the weather is still too windy to work) and pick up another one.

These times look much better for me, thannks Bri.  $good$

Also, I was told the other day that the swimming pool gym is being extended, and that much better weightlifting stuff will be installed at that time.  Sounds like good news to me.
Fester...

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #470 on: September 12, 2011, 09:01:50 pm »
Yorkie, I started my rehab in Llandudno Junction and, in my opinion, it is only on a par with the equipment available in the Llandudno Swimming Centre.

In Llandudno, you do not need to use a key to use any of the equipment like you do in the Junction and when using the treadmills in Llandudno you do have something to look at out of the window instead of a feeling of claustrophobia whilst looking at only bushes in the Junction.

That’s just my opinion.  $salute$

Bri, never having been in the gym at the pool I was not making a comparison just saying that ( in my opinion    ;) ) the equipment at the junction is good.   The bushes may not be so interesting as what one sees from the pool window but watching the birds is very interesting, especially if one is a twitcher.
I have never felt claustrophobic and using the equipment "keys" is no hardship.

Each to his own.    WWW
Cicero

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #471 on: September 12, 2011, 10:28:08 pm »
Also, I was told the other day that the swimming pool gym is being extended, and that much better weightlifting stuff will be installed at that time.  Sounds like good news to me.

I am afraid that wouldn’t do much for me, Fester.

Now if the management could afford to put that black film throughout the upper section of the gym windows as well as install a false ceiling so the Air Con worked efficiently, then you would be talking.    +}}{--

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #472 on: September 12, 2011, 11:20:17 pm »
Well my knees are pretty much wrecked Bri, so its weightlifting or bike for me (and bike bores me)...
Thats why I need to have a swim also, that is good for my knees.

Why would you want that opaque stuff putting over the glass?  Don't you want to see outside?
Fester...

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #473 on: September 13, 2011, 07:17:35 am »
Customers will still be able to see out through the lower section of glass windows.

Check it out, Fester, on your next visit.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #474 on: September 13, 2011, 08:10:53 am »
I'll be Devils Advocate on this one and ask...why do the Council need to spend (more) money on Gyms when there are already private ones in Llandudno like Wells Fitness and Le Sport in Rhos On Sea? Should the Council be allowed to operate a facility in direct competition with private businesses?  :roll:

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #475 on: September 13, 2011, 08:19:35 am »
I like the open air 'gym' at Rhos one Sea and it's completely free  D)
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #476 on: September 13, 2011, 08:57:05 am »
I like the open air 'gym' at Rhos one Sea and it's completely free  D)
It's very popular. They are also building one of those on the site of the White Rabbit Statue at West Shore, Llandudno. With that one, you will have the added attraction of trying to keep the sand out of your eyes at the same time.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #477 on: September 13, 2011, 09:39:53 am »
It is amazing the amount of different exercises one can do at home merely by using everyday things about the house.

Cans and books, chairs, bungee cords, broom sticks, buckets of water,  in fact almost anything, and when you've had enough you can collapse into your favourite chair!    :D

And it's all FREE!  WWW   
Cicero

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #478 on: September 13, 2011, 10:15:04 am »
With that one, you will have the added attraction of trying to keep the sand out of your eyes at the same time.

L0L  a handy place for sand blasting classic car components! ;D

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #479 on: September 13, 2011, 10:18:21 am »
It is amazing the amount of different exercises one can do at home merely by using everyday things about the house.

Cans and books, chairs, bungee cords, broom sticks, buckets of water,  in fact almost anything, and when you've had enough you can collapse into your favourite chair!    :D

And it's all FREE!  WWW

Don't forget lawnmowers, spades, forks, Hoovers, and thats just er indoors' toys L0L