Author Topic: The 3 Towns Arms  (Read 248863 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: The 3 Towns Arms
« Reply #405 on: August 08, 2011, 11:10:59 pm »
Indeed Medz,  mindless cruelty deserves nothing less than the same to be meted out to those responsible.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Trojan

« Reply #406 on: August 09, 2011, 08:53:26 am »
This Pit Bull decided to attack a porcupine it spotted in his owners back yard in California.

The dog had to be sedated and more than a 1000 quills removed.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #407 on: August 09, 2011, 09:14:03 am »
That's one effective self defence mechanism!

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #408 on: August 09, 2011, 09:15:26 am »
Just had this post on Facebook thought I'd pass it on

IMPORTANT MESSAGE anyone in colwyn bay , Llandudno junction , mochdre, Llandudno and surrounding area watch out, there are lads with pit bulls stealing cats and rabbits and watching the dogs chase and rip the animal to pieces! Police have been informed it was happening in Wrexham, but looks like they have moved areas.

A friend says a cat had been killed in Junction last night, police were called.  He's heard nothing yet.  He thinks the dog was a Staff- Shame Staffs are excellent dogs one of my favourite breeds but lethal in the wrong hands.
I'm told that 2 SBTs were set on the cat by a lad.

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #409 on: August 29, 2011, 08:25:05 am »

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #410 on: August 29, 2011, 08:59:52 pm »
I reckon that one of the three people involved did'nt have a leg to stand on  :D

Offline Trojan

« Reply #411 on: September 01, 2011, 01:47:58 am »
I reckon that one of the three people involved did'nt have a leg to stand on  :D

I believe Jake did.  ;D

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #412 on: September 02, 2011, 09:36:54 pm »
I've put this post in the Pub (Towns Arms) section because its not important, just the sort of conversation that might go on in a pub.
  You know the toll gate for around the Orme? Is it normal for a cone to be in the middle of the road although the road is open? I don't know because I am to economical with my cash (2 mean) to pay so I go up half way, down and dont pay. There is a good reason I ask, depending on any reply I get I will carry on. Mike

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #413 on: September 02, 2011, 10:18:31 pm »
It's to stop cars driving through quickly without paying.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #414 on: September 03, 2011, 07:52:32 am »
I've put this post in the Pub (Towns Arms) section because its not important, just the sort of conversation that might go on in a pub.
  You know the toll gate for around the Orme? Is it normal for a cone to be in the middle of the road although the road is open? I don't know because I am to economical with my cash (2 mean) to pay so I go up half way, down and dont pay. There is a good reason I ask, depending on any reply I get I will carry on. Mike

It is just to stop people driving through without paying and for the safety of the Toll Attendant.

You can get a Season Ticket for a few quid but as your business is on the Orme I would suggest you contact the Parking Department and see if you can get a concessionary pass.  After all you are entertaining the Visitors.  Start with Paul Evans in Highways rather than go to more junior staff.

If you have a relative buried on the Orme you can get a free pass by completing a simple application form. 
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #415 on: September 03, 2011, 10:20:24 am »
The cone doesn't seem to prevent some people trying not to pay--- A BMW made a nasty mess of it's front end by ramming the cone and taking it with it for100 yds or so. :o
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #416 on: September 03, 2011, 05:37:54 pm »
The reason I asked about the cone is because a friend of mine who lives in Denbigh came 2 see me yesterday---and he was fuming. His story was he wanted to drive around the Orme, he started off but then saw the cone at the tollgate. Dont forget, this is his side of the story. So he stopped and waited. The toll collector was, in his words, leaning against the tollhouse frequently looking at him but not doing anything. Cars came up behind my friend but, because he was blocking the road, they got fed up waiting and turned around and drove off. He stated five cars did this. In the end, I think he said about 10 minutes, he got out and asked the tollhousekeeper what was the matter. Tollhousekeeper replied "You are too far away. I'm waiting for you to drive nearer.  Now, I must add that this friend was a commercial driver (vans and PCV buses) but he was not the best driver in the world. He didnt have many bumps, but he wasent the best. Anyway he was so annoyed he said he was going to report the tollhouse man, presumably to the Council. Anyone else had any experiences like this?

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #417 on: September 03, 2011, 05:56:06 pm »
I am surprised as I know all the attendants and they are always very helpful even to explaining where the road leads and how to get to the mine and the summit.
The keeper yesterday was Stewart a real happy chappy, and he has been there for some years.  If it was after 4.00 p.m. then it would have been Jules another excellent chap.

The attendants to my knowledge never let cars crowd up.

Some drivers go to the Toll then decided they don't want to pay but find a couple of cars behind them and can't turn round.  They are the ones who get most annoyed.   I cannot comment about the facts of your friend's experience but would myself consider there is some exageration.     WWW
Cicero

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #418 on: September 03, 2011, 09:56:22 pm »
My friend told me this around midday---so it was the happy chappie. Funnily enough this would be a most apt description of my friend. He has an absolute heart of gold, but when I worked with him when he was a cake salesman/driver we all said he had a spongecake as a brain. He was awarded the MBE for his work with youth sports over around 40 years. Passengers on his buses absolutely loved him, many were in tears when he left a particular route he drove. It just goes to show how opposites attract and similar types fall out. I can only conclude that he stopped far too far away from the cone and the gatehouse man wasent going to walk down the road to him.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #419 on: September 04, 2011, 07:59:07 am »
We will never know exactly what happened!   What I cannot understand is why was he using Marine Drive to get to the Golf Course?  Bit of circuitous route!     :D

I can only conclude that he stopped far too far away from the cone and the gatehouse man was'nt going to walk down the road to him.

Would you?
Cicero