Author Topic: The 3 Towns Arms  (Read 250616 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: The 3 Towns Arms
« Reply #270 on: April 15, 2011, 08:06:42 am »
Bulgarian, (or whatever your name is...)

You say its not 'big and clever to go on 5 hour drinking binges'?  Spoken like a new-age evangelist who once had half a shandy and spewed on his Mum's curtains.
Well, I'm 15 stone and have 4 grade A A-levels.  Thats Big and Clever, surely?

There is only one thing better than a 5 hour drinking binge... and thats a SIX hour drinking binge... paid for by someone else!   Z** Z** Z**

I'm 15 stone (ish) too and I've got a degree. Do I win a six hour drinking binge paid for by Fester?
Yes.  8)

gwil

« Reply #271 on: April 15, 2011, 09:26:32 am »
Great rant Pendragon. Like it.  $good$  $good$  $good$

As for picking on you let me just give a short summary of how things happened.

I thought I’d try and break into this Forum by asking a perfectly reasonable question regarding motorists getting out of the way of non emergency ambulances. Being gob-smacked by the belittling, patronising and condescending reply from Yorkie I let him have a couple of barrelfuls. Meanwhile I also shared a little ditty regarding spell checkers and their pitfalls which I though was quite clever of someone to dream up. As it happened it was the same poster and, if I was gob-smacked before, then I was doubly so now because he totally wimped out, saw his A*** and slunk off with tail between his legs (but not to worry though the sly little fox soon slunk back, tail ‘nall, initially with an innocuous question about some property or other but soon back to normal, so that’s alright. Won’t take long to get back to 3K!)

A bit later Fester rolls up and decides it was his duty to wag his finger at me and tell me in effect who not to cross etc. And that, my dear, is where your name came across my bows.

I have found on my travels that small town cliques by the very nature of small town minds and attitudes are always awkward and difficult to ease into. It’s to my detriment in this one that I didn’t treat Yorkie with the due respect so obviously expected of a wise old sage,wit and racounter. However, having gone down the road of full-on attack from virtually the word go then there was nothing for it but to continue in that vein but at the same time leave room for reconciliation. Things soon settled down, as they do, to the occasional small-arms fire, the odd sniper attack from the outliers and the usual befuddled participants who have problems comprehending posts. All expected in such banter, bearable and soon to be forgotten

And there we are are, at your rant. A good one I grant you and there's no doubting its sincerity.  Shame though it was ruined by it’s delivery time although I hasten to add that I’m not in any way inferring anything at all you understand. Thing is, no one takes much attention of post closing time outbursts (be they early hours ones or mid- evening as in the case of others!) but I thought I would in your case....seeing as you are a lady. I’ll stay around for a while but we won’t be seeing much of each other I think seeing as I won’t be in the 3T Arms that much.Yakky Da

gwil

« Reply #272 on: April 15, 2011, 09:56:41 am »
Probably a right sh** head when he takes that nappy off.

Change of avatar Trojan?

DaveR says there was a record attendance on the forum yesterday. Maybe you though there was a couple of visits from this lot
http://www.searchlightmagazine.com/

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #273 on: April 15, 2011, 10:19:48 am »
Rs
I'm glad you took the time to read my post thoroughly and appreciated it's sincerity, it seems your not that ignorant after all but don't insult my intelligence by trying to condone or explain yourself to me, really there is no need, as it makes not a jot of difference to my opinion of you.

we won’t be seeing much of each other I think seeing as I won’t be in the 3T Arms that much.Yakky Da  Bonus.  ooh and Croeso  ;D
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #274 on: April 15, 2011, 10:24:21 am »
The exchanges were getting just too interesting for me to stay away any longer - so I'm back.   ZXZ

The World is full of a*****s, and this Forum attracts it's fair share just as any other does.  But - there are still a lot of nice people around so why should I bother about the one odd ball amongst us.   The plethora of cards I received was overwhelming and I will get down to thanking everyone individually as I get back in my stride.
 $thanx$ a 1,000,000   D)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 10:36:11 am by Ian »
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #275 on: April 15, 2011, 10:27:37 am »
That's the spirit old chap   :-* :-* :-*

Welcome back  +}}{-- $drink$
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #276 on: April 15, 2011, 10:36:11 am »
The exchanges were getting just too interesting for me to stay away any longer - so I'm back.   ZXZ

The World is full of a******s, and this Forum attracts it's fair share just as any other does.  But - there are still a lot of nice people around so why should I bother about the one odd ball amongst us.   The plethora of cards I received was overwhelming and I will get down to thanking everyone individually as I get back in my stride.
 $thanx$ a 1,000,000   D)
Would you like me to delete the Orme Vixen account then? Only one account per member, I'm afraid, this isnt the Llandudno Local forum.  ;)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 10:36:56 am by Ian »

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #277 on: April 15, 2011, 10:42:11 am »
May as well, I think most people knew who it was.  Do I get all my posts re-instated now?  I only ever had ONE account on the Llandudno Local, I do have a wife and adult children you know!    $good$
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #278 on: April 15, 2011, 11:03:15 am »
Ok, will do. Cant reinstate the posts, unfortunately, as once an account is deleted it is deactivated permanently, as far as I can see.  :)

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #279 on: April 15, 2011, 11:43:30 am »
Used to be able to do it on USER MANAGEMENT on my old Forum but no worry, numbers are just numbers, although some people do make a big fuss about them!    _))*
Cicero

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #280 on: April 15, 2011, 11:47:18 am »
Croeso Yorkie, never thought I'd have more posts than you, no doubt you'll have more than me by May  L0L
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #281 on: April 15, 2011, 11:53:34 am »
Doubt it - I'm giving up on the Games for a bit and will concentrate my effort on more serious and demanding matters, maybe even become political.    WWW   WWW
Cicero

gwil

« Reply #282 on: April 15, 2011, 12:20:27 pm »
Rs
I'm glad you took the time to read my post thoroughly and appreciated it's sincerity, it seems your not that ignorant after all but don't insult my intelligence by trying to condone or explain yourself to me, really there is no need, as it makes not a jot of difference to my opinion of you.

we won’t be seeing much of each other I think seeing as I won’t be in the 3T Arms that much.Yakky Da  Bonus.  ooh and Croeso  ;D

Glad that the little unpleasantness caused by Yorkie has been overcome now although I see that you didn't have your sarcasm detecting radar on full mode. But never mind it's over now. Onwards and upwards.

The bonus is that Yorkie is back under his own name.  $good$

gwil

« Reply #283 on: April 15, 2011, 12:25:50 pm »

The World is full of a*****s, and this Forum attracts it's fair share just as any other does.  But - there are still a lot of nice people around so why should I bother about the one odd ball amongst us.   The plethora of cards I received was overwhelming and I will get down to thanking everyone individually as I get back in my stride.
 $thanx$ a 1,000,000   D)

Welcome back Yorkie.  &well&  +}}{--  _))++
Good to see you.Takes great courage to do that after sucha dramatic wimpout.Us a******s and oddballs need to stick together don't we ole boy!!

If numbers are just numbers why ask for them back?
Roumanian

gwil

« Reply #284 on: April 15, 2011, 12:42:24 pm »

PS

I thought a few subliminal messages dotted here and there would produce the right result.  :-*