Author Topic: The 3 Towns Arms  (Read 250151 times)

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
Re: The 3 Towns Arms
« Reply #150 on: February 13, 2011, 09:10:33 pm »
we got lots of things from Green Shield, the warehouse in Rhyl was next door to the  Hot Bread Kitchen!

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #152 on: February 13, 2011, 09:31:29 pm »
Am I imagining this or did Green Shield stamps change so that there was one stamp put in place to replace having to stick in a whole page full?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #153 on: February 13, 2011, 10:04:47 pm »
Am I imagining this or did Green Shield stamps change so that there was one stamp put in place to replace having to stick in a whole page full?
Yes, in later years, I think there was 1 stamp for every 10 of the old ones.

brumbob

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #155 on: February 14, 2011, 12:35:12 am »
Can you believe it. I've taken this woofer out for over 3 hrs today, now I'm being harassed to throw her ball in the house.  Luv it  :D
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Trojan

« Reply #156 on: February 14, 2011, 01:34:44 am »
a soda syphon-don't know if we've still got that, or if they still make the little gass things to put the fizz in!

My Dad had one of those in the 1970's, which he used for his Scotch & Soda.

The little gas things to put the fizz in were CO2 canisters.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #157 on: February 14, 2011, 08:08:15 am »
Ahhhhhh.....
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #158 on: February 14, 2011, 08:22:00 am »
They still make the little CO2 cartridges;  only now they're used in high-powered air guns .
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #159 on: February 14, 2011, 10:04:26 am »
I bought one of those complete with little stand and spare canisters in a charity shop recently but haven't used it yet

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #160 on: February 14, 2011, 02:25:29 pm »
In the '50s the pharmacists used to sell glass rechargeable syphons for 1/-, with a 2 bob deposit.  We had one at Christmas. 

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #161 on: February 14, 2011, 06:34:02 pm »
My Dad was a pharmacist and yes I remember the soda syphons well, we also sold Ben Shaws Pop in quart bottle with a type of screw in rubber cork, both returnable and deposit given back. We also had a supply of bed-pans, urinals, pneumonia jackets and bed rests to hire for a weekly sum. Can you imagine the field day todays Health and Safety Officials would have with that little lot ? Oh and you took your glass medicine bottles and ointment jars back to the shop where they were washed and re-used. Re-cycling? It's been on the go for years.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #162 on: February 15, 2011, 08:32:45 pm »
Clicked onto the Llandudno Emporium website as advertised on here a short while ago. I suppose an 'emporium' conjures up an image of different products being available but cards, photographs, prints and aromatherapy products makes for an interesting combination. I might just pay the actual emporium a visit in the near future.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #163 on: February 15, 2011, 11:59:37 pm »
Hi Stan.

The Emporium name was selected deliberately, as it is indeed intended to add more and more product types in the future.

If our search for a suitable premises comes to fruition, (and by that I mean cheap), there will be ceramics, photography, jewellery, confectionary and Welsh crafts too.    The website is growing, but the kiosk is too small for all we would like to offer.

Thanks for the comment.... and all I can say is watch this space..... for now!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #164 on: March 05, 2011, 09:01:50 pm »
Just been having a 'peruse' of Dave's photos on his Flickr site.

I am getting a bit worried about you Dave. You seem to be spending a lot of time with those angels in St Tudno's!!

Lovely pictures though.   $thanx$