Author Topic: The 3 Towns Arms  (Read 245870 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: The 3 Towns Arms
« Reply #870 on: April 26, 2016, 01:46:05 pm »
We are expecting a new pet bird in the next few weeks, and we have been gearing up with stuff we will need.
All I'm saying is, the manufacturers of these nail clippers might want to re-think their packaging, that's all...

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #871 on: April 26, 2016, 03:24:39 pm »
 Oh Fester. Naughty naughty. Anyway, why is it so many motorists drive up upper mostyn street to the empire, then turn sharp right and straight down to the prom, maybe heading for festers emporium. It's clearly marked as a one way street both on poles and on the road. I see three or four every summer. First one today, and he/she was driving fast, emergency stopping distance quite long.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #872 on: April 26, 2016, 03:29:50 pm »
Oh Fester. Naughty naughty. Anyway, why is it so many motorists drive up upper mostyn street to the empire, then turn sharp right and straight down to the prom, maybe heading for festers emporium. It's clearly marked as a one way street both on poles and on the road. I see three or four every summer. First one today, and he/she was driving fast, emergency stopping distance quite long.

I see it several times a week Mike, but they aren't coming to see me, I can assure you!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #873 on: May 11, 2017, 09:07:48 pm »
 Like a lot of real life pubs. No one visits. Last one here was over a year ago.
  So just to show pub customers do still exist in small numbers.
  A drivingcomment. I was entering llandudno approaching the first roundabout by the links hotel from direction of a55. Two cars ahead stationary waiting to enter the island. That meant there was no space between them and the light controlled pedestrian crossing which was on green for me. A man in a motorised invalid was waiting to cross.
  Now me being a good driver I stopped before the crossing, even though light was green. We all know why we should do that, don't we? But the man in the chair thought I had stopped to let him across so he shot straight out fast even though his light was in red and nearly ended up by being run down by a car driving through correctly in the outside lane.
  so by being a good driver I nearly contributed to a nasty accident

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #874 on: May 12, 2017, 08:21:44 am »
Not really; the bloke should have watched his lights, and not your driving.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #875 on: January 20, 2019, 01:49:34 am »
I would like to say a massive thanks for the welcome back it's been an event full roller coaster for the last  couple of years but I'm back on track now xxx
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #876 on: January 20, 2019, 09:10:59 am »
Thanks for your posts this week, nice to see you back.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #877 on: May 30, 2019, 09:44:52 pm »
  DOES'ent anybody go in this pub any more?
  Anyway i haven't looked at my personal details on the forum for years. Probably getting on for ten years. Perhaps it time i updated my details'
   First my age. Well I'm about ten years older.  But the bloody computer has beaten me to it. Coldnt you have left me alone as a 77 years old?

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #878 on: August 18, 2019, 03:36:17 pm »
While replying to Hugo's "car's",  post a few minutes ago, I noticed a strange smell in the room, Mrs H is getting ready for the decorator, and had moved stuff into the office where I was sitting, so we looked over what she had brought in, no luck, we agreed it was something burning, so checked the house and garage, you can imagine the mild panic, then the smell disappeared, only to return, now we are checking every plug, every device, then I found the source, I have a hand held fan on a lanyard, which I carry when out, and having just returned, I hung my jacket up behind the door, now in the past we have had a few laughs with this fan, once arriving home in the car and switching the ignition off, we could still hear a noise, thinking the AC was still running, we waited, then I realised the fan had switched on in my pocket, not so funny today, the fan had switched on, but the lanyard was trapped in the blades, with the motor running and no movement, it overheated, and had started to melt, causing the burning smell.    Nasty, devices do not have to be plugged in to be dangerous, be careful out there.       

Photo of the fan, charged by USB port.                   PS just to be fair, this is an excellent product, but I will obviously keep it free from
                                                                           obstructions, in the future.                       

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #879 on: August 28, 2019, 04:25:09 pm »
Change of subject. Pub customers do that all the time. I know haha
   Last four months for the first time in my life I had time on my hands. So I’ve been clearing out my stuff from many years.
  I come across a very old book. The size and weight of a brick. No idea whatsoever how or why I’ve got it.
  Entitled museum of science and art 11.
  Inside, written in ink. Noel Williams 67, Mostyn ave, llandudno, n wales. October 11th 1945. Age 14 years.
  Anyone any idea. I reckon I must have lugged this book around through at least six house changes. Never even opened it before

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #880 on: September 14, 2019, 01:00:06 pm »
Couple to auction entire contents of their museum - and it includes some amazing items
First World War memorabilia, mugs, dolls and classic cars are among the items Pat and Liz Lawty have collected for over 30 years

Pat Lawty believes he has the largest collection of advertising mugs in the UK - more than 3,000 of them - and is selling them at a Rogers Jones & Co Auctioneers sale in Colwyn Bay

The auction will take place on Tuesday, October 19, from 10.30am.
Items will not be sold separately and auctioned as one lot.
For more information, contact Rogers Jones on 01492 532176, or email info@rogersjones.co.uk .

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/couple-auction-entire-contents-museum-16916689