Author Topic: The 3 Towns Arms  (Read 246291 times)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
Re: The 3 Towns Arms
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2010, 02:17:30 pm »
the inference is that it is being stolen to be put on some privately owned pathway. Well--so what. If someone falls and breaks a leg, the medical expense is just the same whether it be on public highway or private path

Quite.  It's simply barmy to blame those who need the stuff for 'stealing' it.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2010, 03:29:34 pm »
I am always reading in the forum about Oscar's blog, who he is etc. Because I had nothing else to do I thought I'd have a look at it. Scanning down, on the right hand side, I see a photo of the North bay of Llandudno. I am 99% sure this was taken from "MY LAND" (in an indignant voice.) Oscar, I hope you paid to wander about there. Even if half the population think its some sort of right of way!!! ;D ;D ;D

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2010, 04:26:39 pm »
Its pretty close Mike.... but I don't think it was yours when he took it.
That picture has been there for an eternity.

But your wider question,''who is he''  is the one that everyone has been wrestling with for quite a while.

Although, Dave R and I believe we might have seen him today...making himself rather busy in Conwy town!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2010, 05:25:33 pm »
Yes, he was getting in the Christmas spirit...

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2010, 09:49:24 am »
Infamous video of the petrol bomber running into a lamp post:
Petrol bomber runs into lamppost

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2010, 09:43:36 pm »
I suppose we all make mistakes putting stuff onto the internet, but, would you expect one of the biggest worldwide success stories of the web to make an elementary mistake on a sales promotion? No. But one has, and believe it or not, its FACEBOOK. You can have a look for yourself (hoping that they havent corrected it). On my facebook screen every now and then, not every time, an advert comes up on the right hand side at the top. Its from facebook itself plugging a business facility---come on facebook and advertise yourself all round the world. So I took a look. A click here and there and I was in the middle of a high pressure sales pitch. I clicked on something like "A begineers start page." I got to a fictional yoghurt shop. They suggested three different approaches to three different groups of customer. It says--on the left you see etc.etc. In the middle you see etc etc. And then ON THE LEFT you see etc. Obviously they mean the right.  I thought it was only the female sex that got left and right mixed up  Mike

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2010, 08:37:39 pm »
After last night's heavy snow-fall and being the helpful chap I am, I nipped round to an elderly neighbour's this morning to clear the paths etc. I opened the garage up and over door and started to enter to get a shovel.
Unexpectedly the door came back down, catching me across the forehead and the bridge of the nose. I think I saw stars.

I can't wait till tomorrow to see how discoloured my face is going to be - it's certainly all rather sore.   ))*

Stupid damn things anyway! Why can't someone come up with something that will make them stay up?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 08:39:37 pm by Bellringer »

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2010, 09:11:15 pm »
 :o so sorry to hear that, hope you recover quickly, I've been doing the same this afternoon, but I took my own shovel, my up and over door has an electric motor fitted (by the previous owner) which worked well until around a week ago and then packed up, nothing simple like the fuse though  :rage:
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2010, 09:35:40 pm »
Sorry to hear about your mishap, Stan.  :(

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #69 on: December 22, 2010, 09:45:55 pm »
I suppose I am used to our's being electrically operated too and hence my not realising that the neighbour's would drop down.
 I think i'll survive and especially now that I have glass in hand. Did I hear someone say "Will you have another, Stan?"
Ah, thanks I will. Z**

Offline Trojan

« Reply #70 on: December 22, 2010, 09:46:52 pm »
I think I saw stars.

Makes a change from that bl**dy International Space Station.  ;)

Seriously, glad you are ok Stan.  :)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: December 23, 2010, 08:10:11 am »
Glad to hear you're okay.  I thought most up-and-over garage doors have big spring systems that act as counter-balances, and they hold the door up?  That's how our doors work, but I suppose it's possible that either one spring has broken or become disconnected.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #72 on: December 23, 2010, 10:50:22 am »
Glad you are OK Stan-- that could have been very nasty.
Have another and you will feel alot better ! ;D
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #73 on: December 23, 2010, 11:13:00 am »
Thanks folks - not too much discolouration this morning.

Ian. it's one of those very lightweight single garage doors and as you say probably a bit worn and loose. Still felt bl....y heavy when it hit me though!

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #74 on: December 23, 2010, 11:23:44 am »
Still felt bl....y heavy when it hit me though!

But nothing like a bell landing on you..:-))))

Seriously, glad it wasn't worse;  it could easily have been.