Author Topic: The 3 Towns Arms  (Read 246024 times)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
The 3 Towns Arms
« on: October 16, 2010, 11:20:54 am »
Chat to your hearts' content
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Yorkie

Re: The 3 Towns Arms
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 05:17:51 pm »
Just noticed that I have received a promotion to Captain - $thanx$

To celebrate I will buy everyone who is in this Bar at the moment a large drink of their choice.   ZXZ

Oh - sh*t, no one here, I'm drinking on my own again!    Z**

p.s. I'd still rather have an R.A.F. Rank! :speechless:

Offline Trojan

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 07:40:22 am »
I'll join you on a Captains' night out

Mine's a Guinness.  Z**

Yorkie

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 07:00:19 pm »
British Summer-time ends on Sunday and the weather forcast for North Wales is Rain and Snow! Winter must be upon us!

Make mine a Tomato Juice!    Z**

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 07:54:30 pm »
 Z** Z** $wales  Its27th October----HAPPY BIRTHDAY FESTER----HAPPY BIRTHDAY FESTER.  One of the most prolificate writers on the forum.  (well, actually,its Jacky Congan's birthday.He played  Uncle *Fester in the original series*    how do I know? Because I listen all day to Tudnofm, Llandudnos local station, and they told me.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 08:44:13 pm »
John Leslie "Jackie" Coogan passed away in 1994.  :(
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 08:47:54 pm by Trojan »

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 11:54:53 pm »
I can report that Fester and I represented the Three Towns Forum in the Kings Head pub quiz this evening and came fourth. The shame!  $smack$

Offline Trojan

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 12:39:31 am »
I can report that Fester and I represented the Three Towns Forum in the Kings Head pub quiz this evening and came fourth. The shame!  $smack$

Who's the quizmaster nowadays Dave.  8)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2010, 01:00:17 am »
I don't know WHO he is .... but I believe that he asked all the WRONG questions !

)*)& )*)&
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2010, 01:07:31 am »
I don't know the quizmaster, a middle aged guy with glasses is all I can tell you. But I can say that we had all the right answers and he had the wrong questions!  ZXZ

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2010, 07:46:51 am »
So often the way...

¢¢##
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2010, 07:56:50 pm »
The 3 Towns Arms says you can chat about anything---so how about this.  I am not proud but not ashamed that during my life I have had my fair share of nasty letters demanding money. They usually mention what will happen if I do not pay. In case the reader lives in the rarerefied world of people who have never had such a letter, these options usually include taken to court, visits from nasty men at night, reporting to credit agencies so no more credit, taking your belongings, bankruptcy, being sent to prison, having your gas cut off etc etc. But, but, I've just received a new one. Taking away my driving licence or having it revoced. Now, this is a new one to me. Can any body or organisation actually do this, that is what I would like to know.  If so, I feel it is about time this fact was exposed.
I fail to see how being skint and financially dishonourable has any connection with a driving licence which, I always thought, meant it certified that you were capable of driving in a safe manner.
I expect you think this nasty letter came from some backstreet money lender. No, sorry to disallusion you. It came from a prominent government department. I'm sorry I cannot tell you which one because you might fall about laughing.   Mike
P.S. What the hell, I might as well tell you. Bear in mind that my next birthday is Number 80.   It came from a governemnt department which I thought had been disbanded because of the complete cock ups it made years ago    -------  pause for dramatic effect  ---- THE CHILD SUPPORT AGENCY

Yorkie

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2010, 08:06:15 pm »
Maybe to save money they are letting other departments use up their old letter headings!   _))*

Of course being over 70 your licence has to be renewed every 3 years so you would have done it at your last birthday at 79 - you didn't forget did you??

Can't think that anyone, except a Court of Law, can revoke a driving licence.   Maybe just to be sure you should check it out with the DVLA.  You can send queries by e-mail.    ££$

Offline DaveR

• Administrator

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2010, 08:22:51 pm »
BLOODY HELL, I had better grab my passport before it disappears and get myself off to Goa for the winter.  Sorry if you dont get any posts from me for a long while