The Local > Three Towns Policing Issues

Duty or Pleasure?

(1/9) > >>

Yorkie:
I have been having a look at Twitter and am surprised (well not really) at the number of Twits that are being made by Police Officers whilst on duty.   Some of these are at the scene of random breath testing and they seem to take great delight in "scoring" their hits.   I am against drink driving but abhor the fact that the Police should use their time in such a way.

Policemen and Women should devote their time fulfilling their proper duties not twittering on Twitter.
 :rage:

SDQ:

--- Quote from: Yorkie on December 21, 2012, 05:15:18 pm ---I have been having a look at Twitter and am surprised (well not really) at the number of Twits that are being made by Police Officers whilst on duty.   Some of these are at the scene of random breath testing and they seem to take great delight in "scoring" their hits.   I am against drink driving but abhor the fact that the Police should use their time in such a way.

Policemen and Women should devote their time fulfilling their proper duties not twittering on Twitter.
 :rage:

--- End quote ---

Is it possible their gloating could be a way of encouraging people not to drink & drive as they could be the next statistic?

Yorkie:

--- Quote from: SDQ on December 21, 2012, 07:46:12 pm ---
Is it possible their gloating could be a way of encouraging people not to drink & drive as they could be the next statistic?

--- End quote ---

Gloating in such a situation would tend to indicate a prejudiced attitude.

Also some are tending to presume guilt based purely on the roadside test and before trial!  That isn't British justice.   

?{}?

SDQ:

--- Quote from: Yorkie on December 21, 2012, 08:18:08 pm ---
--- Quote from: SDQ on December 21, 2012, 07:46:12 pm ---

--- End quote ---

Gloating in such a situation would tend to indicate a prejudiced attitude.

Also some are tending to presume guilt based purely on the roadside test and before trial!  That isn't British justice.   

?{}?

--- End quote ---

Gloating was my words not the police & surely the failure of a roadside breath test is a bit more than presumed guilt, the person has obviously been drinking and driving & the only thing left to establish is the correct level of alcohol in their system which will be done back at the station on a more accurate & calibrated machine. Even if they are then lucky enough to scrape through this test hopefully the ordeal will make them be more responsible in the future.
If the Tweets of these police officers makes just one idiot not drink & drive then I'm all for it.

Yorkie:
If you are happy to pay the Police to spend their time tweeting then that is fine.   After all that is now apparently part of their training!

Why however, must they concentrate all this effort just at this time of the year?  The habitual drinker, and most likely to d and d, is out and about all through the year.   And also why are they specifically targeting morning drivers when the most dangerous time is the evening and night before when the pubs and bars empty?

Finally the system of testing drivers and providing the evidence is not always straight forward and in certain circumstances some drivers do not receive fair treatment or justice.   Z**

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version