Author Topic: Thinking of moving to the area...  (Read 86974 times)

Offline Brightskyes

Re: Thinking of moving to the area...
« Reply #75 on: August 18, 2016, 03:04:14 pm »
Can anyone give me any advice. I am looking for a longterm rental in Llandudno, but am finding it very hard as l have 2 elderly dogs (they are 9 and 11 yrs) can anyone suggest wherelse l can look besides the usual agents. I am retired and want a bit of sea air on these bones !! I am female, widow, non smoker, full glass type of person !!  Where can l look ?  any suggestions /  I refuse to give up !  HELP!

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2016, 10:46:46 pm »
When we thought we might need to rent before buying in Llandudno we had a really useful chat with a rental agent in Rhos on Sea.

http://www.wilsonslettings.co.uk/index.html

Not sure if they do Llandudno rentals but gave me some useful advice.

Good luck with your searches.

Offline Brightskyes

« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2016, 10:10:19 am »
Thank you,  l have spoke to some agents, but they say that no one wants to take animals, but had my dogs for years, they are elderly,  quite docile really. Thanks for taking the time to reply, and l will try that agent, have tried most of them. Would like to find somewhere by mid oct,  before the winter sets in. Keep your fingers crossed for me. Thanks again, have a great weekend.

Offline Wrinkly48

« Reply #78 on: November 07, 2016, 06:58:54 am »
We are getting closer to moving to the area and are taken with a property in Glan Conwy (although we also like properties in Bryniau Rd). We would be very grateful for a comments on the area, particularly the Cross Keys pub. The general market seems to almost have ground to a halt. Is this a local phenomenon or Brexit causing uncertainty at work?

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: November 07, 2016, 07:30:31 am »
Glan Conwy's pleasant enough, depending on exactly where you would live, and it does offer good access to the A55, although a little busy between 0800 and 0900 each day. But the views are pretty good from many of the properties.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #80 on: November 07, 2016, 12:34:05 pm »
We are getting closer to moving to the area and are taken with a property in Glan Conwy (although we also like properties in Bryniau Rd). We would be very grateful for a comments on the area, particularly the Cross Keys pub. The general market seems to almost have ground to a halt. Is this a local phenomenon or Brexit causing uncertainty at work?

The General house price market has been stagnant for quite a few years.
As an example, up near where I live there are several houses that have been on the market for about 4 years and are now considerably cheaper than they were.
One of them has been on the for sale listings for 9 years,  it still is... the owner no longer bothers having the For Sale sign.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #81 on: November 07, 2016, 01:27:03 pm »
A detached three bedroom bungalow on Liddell Park recently sold for its asking price of £280K within 24 hours of going on the market.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #82 on: November 07, 2016, 01:46:08 pm »
A number of houses in our street have been up for sale for a number of years but in the last few months 3 have been sold and there has been interest in the others that have only just come onto the market.

Offline PhilMick

« Reply #83 on: November 07, 2016, 02:00:59 pm »
Sold a house on Mowbray Road (behind Bryniau Road) earlier in the year. It didn't take long to sell.

Offline Wrinkly48

« Reply #84 on: November 08, 2016, 07:37:53 am »
Thanks for the replies. I suspect that part of our problem is that, having helped out our children with odd sums of cash, our remaining pennies restrict us to the lower end of the market. Frustratingly, a property that we had come to favour in Llandudno and intended to visit if possible in about a fortnight appears suddenly to be under offer. Our major constraint is good access to a dog walking and ball throwing area. When we arrive in Llandudno each visit, our dig sits and sulks if we don't got straight to West Shore to throw the ball for her. We can now no longer come via the Little Orme road and enjoy that our favourite welcoming view of Llandudno.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #85 on: November 08, 2016, 04:06:35 pm »
I can't believe you'd choose a house based on the needs of your current dog!
No disrespect, but how old is it anyway??
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #86 on: November 08, 2016, 05:47:26 pm »
F. I think you would surprised at how many people choose a house based on thier pets needs, garden, walks etc.
A few years ago a friend of mine,late in life, spent nearly 2000 on two dogs and moved house to suit them  ???  I was very surprised.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #87 on: November 08, 2016, 08:29:39 pm »
I can't believe you'd choose a house based on the needs of your current dog!
No disrespect, but how old is it anyway??

Really Fester.................Just 'cos you aren't a dog lover ! :o
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Wrinkly48

« Reply #88 on: November 09, 2016, 06:00:14 am »
Ella is just 5 years old. It is the whole package of walking a dog that counts - exercise, general fitness and good access to open space and a good companion who's prone to entertain you with doggy stupidities. Neither of us likes to be enclosed by many houses in all directions. My wife Jan was taken with one house because it was opposite a junction and you could just see to the Conwy estuary. This is the only reason that we can stand our present house in Edinburgh - less than 100 yards and you're in  a wooded area and in another 150 yards you're in the open with the hill up to Craigmillar Castle before you and wide views of Arthurs Seat and the Forth estuary behind.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #89 on: November 09, 2016, 08:42:33 am »
Edinburgh to Glan Conwy? Most would probably do it the other way around :-) Having the Edinburgh Festival on your doorstep is probably a mixed blessing, I suspect.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.